Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Default Bad couple of days...

My very close cousin has been in the hospital. When she was 11 she was in an accident that caused her to be paralyzed from the waist down and she is now 20. She has gotten a bedsore that got infected. They happen, we know this. She went in to the hospital Saturday night for an IV. Monday morning I visited her and she was fine.
Monday night she became aggressive and didnt know who anyone was. Ripped out her IV, her lipring, everything. We were told the infection might have gone to her brain and caused damage. We were devastated she would be like this for the rest of her life. Thankfully this lasted approx 30 hours. It was caused from a medication combo and with her IV out it wore off. She is still in the hospital and will be through the end of the year but at least she has her mind back. Im overjoyed!

The issue is that Tuesday night when I came home from the hospital and she was still out of it I just ate and ate and ate. I slept for 3 hours then woke up in the middle of the night and cried and ate some more. Now Im all off track. Ive eaten everything Ive made since Tuesday evening. Even stuff I dont love I just keep eating it.

I HAVE to STOP! I feel like saying it here will push me to it. Thanks for letting me get this out.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 186/150/145

Height: 5'7"

I believe that when we are faced with circumstances that leave us feeling absolutely powerless, we are like trapped animals. In our frenzy, we do destructive behavior. You were in a terribly painful place, and at that time the old eating habit was your attempt to console yourself. I am so glad the crisis is over. Take a deep breath, and let it go. Back on track.
4xcharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

It's SO hard to get back on track. It sometimes feels like a monumental effort. I think a lot of it has to do with forgiving yourself. You had a strong reaction to a very difficult situation. Now, you can have another strong reaction...one where YOU are in control. Tell yourself that you will have one good day. No matter what your inner voice tells you, find a way to do it for just one day. Then, at the end of that day, you'll feel so much better that you'll wanna do it again. Recommit like that every day and slowly but surely, you'll feel like yourself again.

I'm so glad you came here to post and for support. You're a really good friend who cares so much and you deserve to feel better.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 304/186.0/150

Height: 5.0

Thank you both. I WILL get through today and the next and the next.
Jonesie is offline   Reply With Quote