Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #31  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Day 66!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:06 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Hi ladies - Day 2 - survived yesterday with a calorie deficit even - so hopefully I'm back on track - Lost over 2 lbs of water weight from yesterday - so grateful the damage isn't what I thought it was - still leave about 15 that I want to lose before the wedding - but mainly just want to get in control of my binge eating - planning and writing, writing and planning - The hardest part for me is that I'll get the urge to binge, write about it and write and write and it's still there - I guess at that point I just need to walk or something - or talk to my fiancee about it - He's almost too supportive - the other day he got up and I told him "I've already had 3 bowls of cereal today" as a confession and it was like 9AM and he was like "that's ok" with all the love in the world.

So my plan for today:

1) Shredded Wheat w/ skim milk & blueberries
2) Snack - 2 clementines
3) Lunch - Salad w/ goat cheese and tuna
4) Snack - turkey wrap
5) Dinner - Grilled chicken sandwiches w/ black beans & salad
6) Snack - blueberries/yogurt

I think maybe my emotions scare me - and I know that times I think I'm hungry but probably just anxious & not full - because after I eat a snack I still have the same feeling which means it's emotional - Working on my relationship with food HAS to be a priority for me.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:16 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 139/see ticker/115

Height: 5ft

Day 8.
Yesterday I had a serious urge to gulp down M&Ms and picked up a bunch but luckily I realized that it would not stop at that. So I ate only 2 and got rid of the others. I don't want to fall off the wagon again especially with a vacation coming up in a week.
Goforit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:26 AM   #34  
Super Single Mom

Sarah: Congrats on making it through yesterday! Great job! As I was reading your post, something that Tyla said to me came to mind. She has said that when she starts to feel "bingy" she stops what she is doing and starts to ask herself some key questions like "how do I feel right now?" and things like that. She analyzes the situation and determines what actual emotion could be driving her to binge like feeling bored, sad or tired. Since she suggested that, I have tried it NUMEROUS times and it really does work like a charm. For me, its just the act of stopping and thinking that can snap me out of the feeling now. When I start to question myself and my motives, I have no choice but to be honest with myself.

I hope that helps and you can find what works for you.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:24 PM   #35  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Hopefully tomorrow I will be starting my new goal of binge-free week. Last few days we're fine untill yesterday and today when we had a party at school and there was so much food and I was eating like crazy. I felt embarrased for the way I ate, I was stuffing with cakes and cookies and I think even my companions noticed that. Then I came home and continued...again I was home alone and just couldn't stop.
So tommorow is the first day of my new challenge. Now I just have to figure what the prize will be.
oh and just one question: Does any of you know what kind of consequences on long term health bingeing has? I have too low blood sugar...could that be the reason why I'm craving so much carbs and sweets?
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:39 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

hi ladies, i have been sooo busy i couldnt visit...sorry! worse than that... i have been over eating and putting on weight I have not 'really' binged... no insane calories, no outofcontrol feeling...just lots and lots of off-plan eating! urg... not happy... took me forever to loose these 5lbs and now they are back in a matter of 5 days... hopefully a lot of water weight due to salt!?!?!

i am going to eat on plan for a few days and hopefully this feeling will go away... i just (like 2 min ago) turned down cheesecake and carrot cake that was brought around... damn! this sucks!!! i just want to be at home, curled up in a blanket with a hot cup of tea... (i am super sick with sinus infection, AGAIN!!!)

anyways, i am in a foul mood and feeling fat and pissed at myself for getting to this place in my head again, even if i didnt binge... day 126 today!

thanks for letting me rant!!!!!! so far, on plan today...and i WILL make it !!!!!!

what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger - right!?!?!? then i am the incredible hulkess!!!

lets ALLLL make today binge free!!! a gift to ourselves...the best one anyone could give us
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:08 PM   #37  
i76

I put on a pair of work trousers this morning, they were so tight! Cutting into me all day, like a reminder of the poor choices I have been making lately. Actions and consequences. So perhaps you think that would be enough to hold back the binge. Oh no. Finished work and binged. How predictable, I imagined it and it happened.

Am I done, I believe so. I realise I have to pick myself up and looking back at the choices I have made is only holding myself to feeling crappy and hence I am a cycle of binge.

Well do you know what, I am glad the trousers are cutting into me because it reminds me I am now ready to make a change. I hate that sugary ****e and I don't eat it anymore, its not food, its poison to my body. Plus I am not counting days, this is IT! Its not about day 1, 2,3, 4, 5, ,6....this is for keeps. I am changing. From this moment, I am getting a grip.

Sorry for the rant..... if you are counting days then thats cool I respect that and I know you can do it. From here on in, I am going to start loving myself.

When I even consider a binge I am going to think about those work trousers cutting me in two and how I will have to go to the shops to buy a size up and that WILL NOT be happening!

Phew, I feel better already......
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 311!

Been super busy. Always great to know there's a great thread here waiting for us when we need it!

VIXSIN, I just read what you wrote about my suggestions. Thank you for saying they helped. You made my day!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 12-16-2010 at 04:43 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 201/Ticker/165

Height: 5'-10"

Day 13 and I'm feeling okay. Eating out tonight so I don't expect to keep on plan but I plan on being sensible in my choices. And no dessert.

Wishing everyone a great day of feeling in control and happy with our choices.
NoMakeSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 05:23 PM   #40  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 4- did good today, but I am so hungry all the time. I did extra snacking on healthy stuff though & stayed within my calorie range. I really wanted this can of chocolate icing I had in the pantry, it kept calling my name. So I put it in my husbands car & he took it to work with him. I can't get it now!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 06:14 PM   #41  

Just jumping in here. I tend to follow (which I'm trying to brake) a starve/binge cycle. It sucks. I get over restrictive and feel guilty (like I'm not doing good enough) eating, then end up one night (usually night) binging.

I've been giving myself a minimun number of calories so I don't under eat, because I know that can cause a binge. But this evening I'm trying to fight the urge to binge just because I feel the need to relax. I'm here on 3fatchicks to stay binge free tonight!! (and the rest of this week)
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:02 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Well, I had a tiny binge today, brought on by relief, which is usually a big trigger for me. I get through a stressful day and my way of relaxing is by sitting down with some food and television. Need to break this habit... Otherwise, though, I've been pretty sane about food this week, which is a nice break.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:33 AM   #43  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

Just checking in...I just had my breakfast, big bowl oats with apple, cinammon,honey,almond... but I don't feel quite satisfied after what i ate yesterday. Thank god i'm going to school now so i won't be home all day. good luck and lots of will power to everyone!!!
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 07:30 AM   #44  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

Day 3, feeling pretty good. Went to a cookie exchange last night and did pretty well. I had a light dinner and 4 cookies. Definitely could have been worse!

Now just to get through the weekend. Must stay busy! Which shouldn't be too hard. This is the season of busy after all. We have three parties -- I have to bring something to one, maybe I will bring a bowl of fruit. People need fruit.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:28 AM   #45  
Super Single Mom

Day 67!