Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 139/see ticker/115

Height: 5ft

Yaay day 6. I was surprisingly very good yesterday and today(atleast until now). Hope this lasts.
Gud luck to every one.
Goforit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 05:35 PM   #17  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 2 and i'm still craving junk food. Candy, cookies, ice cream, cake, peanut butter & anything crappy. This morning again I had 5 cookies & 4 mini peppermint patties. This weight won't come off cause of this junk food I keep eating every morning, even though I am on plan for the rest of the day & not binging at all. I know this weight won't leave until I totally stay away from it, but I just have no control anymore. My husband & daughter have to have their junk food. Since it's in the house, it just makes it so hard for me. I wish they could start eating totally healthy, I would have no problem then.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 08:44 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Well if I can stop at one bowl of cereal this AM (instead of 3-4 like I've had the last couple of days) and can get my butt to the gym then I'll be doing better than I have been. Been more out of control recently than I have just about ever been - worried I way the most since I began this weight loss journey almost 5 years ago - It sucks that it's still a battle - that my binging keeps me up and down the same 10-15 pounds. So today I will be in control (or God I'll give you control) - I don't want to be in control but HATE being out of control. I'm an emotional wreck - came home from studying overseas on Sat and what was supposed to be a heartfelt reunion with my fiance has been TOUGH and he isn't sure he wants to get married on March 13th like we had been planning. I'm transitional in my job right now so yesterday the only productive thing I did was empty the dishwasher - Otherwise I sat in front of the TV and ate and cried and cried and cried.

So today is Day 1 of no binging - I pray to God that I can make it just through today - Put sweet things in my body - be kind to myself - Am I allowed to post food on here? If not I'll delete it but my food plan for today (including snacks).

Shredded Wheat cereal w/ banana
Egg white omelet w/ veggies
Salad w/ tuna & goat cheese
popcorn
Chicken & veggies
Skinny cow

I'm COMMITTING to this healthy, nutrient rich food plan to be sweet to my body and stop forcing it to eat unhealthy types and quantities of food.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:10 AM   #19  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Day 65 here and I am feeling great! I woke up this morning to a HUGE whoosh on the scale. I have officially already met my December weight loss goal! I am super happy about that. I feel so grateful this morning that I have stuck with my journey through good times and bad. I am very grateful to be a part of this with all of you!!!

Sarah: Welcome!!! You can post your food on here if you want to so it can help you stay accountable. I would also invite you to take a peek at an accountability thread I belong to. They are also a wonderful group. On that thread, we post our meal and exercise plans for the day and support one another.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ml#post3608626

Make today count everyone! Day 1, 10, or 2000....we are in this together! There IS strength in numbers!!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:22 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 203/197/131

Height: 5'1"

Hi all! I'm Nickie, currently in Germany, and new to this board. Like so many of you I'm a binge-eater, too. We had a unit holiday potluck today and I sampled a little of everything - at the end it turned out to be a huge plate full of stuff. I wouldn't consider today really a binge, but more so just a big huge meal - (I definitely way overate past my limit), but didn't have much of anxiety over the food as I would during a normal binge. I was also distracted from eating, since I was chatting with everybody around me, doing the gift exchange, etc. I think at the end I tossed about 1/3rd of my plate out and had a small wedge of cheesecake. Now, 6 hours later, I'm slowly waking up from my self-induced food coma, but I already told my family that it's fend-for-yourself-night, cause Mom sure ain't cookin' tonight!!! (or eating). Gosh, I'm still stuffed!!!

Plan-wise, I have found that feel my best, and my urges to binge go away, if I stay mostly low-carb. So I'm going to keep trying to stick to this plan for the most part and won't sweat it if I have an off-plan meal as long as I stick to my plan for the most part. I found sometimes eating an off meal may trigger a binge, but I also don't like to be super-picky like I was last year, where my low-carb made me the social odd-ball and I constantly had to decline food when invited at friend's houses or going to a restaurant... I just have to find the happy medium and not keep falling into the same dang trap where I say: "Oh well, I ate off plan anyway, let me just have a bag of this...oh, and a little baggy of that...oh, what the heck, this one more pack of this won't hurt... tomorrow is a new day...munch, munch, munch."

Actually, just writing about all this stuff makes me realize how I sabotage myself - it's all a vicious cycle. It's tough to break out of this thinking. I'm going to start counting this evening as day 1 - a good start, I'd say. By the way, on my ipod I have a little app called streaks, where you can count days of doing/not doing something, e.g. I used it to count my days that I stayed on plan a few weeks back. There's something satisfying about tapping today's date on a calendar and a nice x appears... it'll give you how many days in a row you did something (in my case low-carb) and what your longest continuous streak has been so far. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it since it's a great tool for tracking non-binge days.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you guys/gals. I've been lurking for 2 days and I finally found a forum where people might actually get how I feel and the issues I have. I can see myself in many of your post. Just cutting calories and exercise definitely doesn't work for me.
NickieHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #21  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone,

Day 1 -- again. Boy does it suck to write that. But I feel sooooo much better than I did yesterday.

Almost confessed the binging to my husband. I know he wouldn't get it at all, so I guess there's really no use. He's a good person and very supportive of me, so it's not that. He just won't get it, and then I'll be left feeling frustrated and maybe a little stupid. Has anyone been in that situation? Knowing the person you love and need on your side just lacks the life experience to understand or even empathize?

~sigh~

But as I said, I'm feeling better and I have a great menu planned out today so I feel confident I will report Day 2 tomorrow. No more of this Day 1 again and again!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 203/197/131

Height: 5'1"

7 lbs, I've been in that situation a lot, where I don't want to tell hubby when I'm in the middle of a binge, but a lot of times he figures it out himself anyway. I had gotten to the point where I don't care sometimes if he knows what I'm doing. We've had some sit-down talks, but with him being Army, his solution is to do lots of p.t. (exercise) and eat normal. Geez, I wish... When I exercise a lot, I tend to go on binges after the workout, even if I had a snack before. Maybe it's because by blood-sugar is dropping or whatever, but I get shaky and light-headed - hate that feeling, and instead of eating just a little something carby to get back to normal, I'll just keep eating, and eating, and eating...

My husband worked the 12-Step program years ago and is doing fine now, so when we talk about food addiction, he can tell me how to cope from a 12-step point of view, but he still does not get the emotions and food issues that I'm dealing with. Unlike with his addiction then, I can't just stop eating, which makes this disorder so much more difficult to defeat, if that's at all possible. So at this point, we will talk about the binges occasionally, especially when I'm really depressed for a few days and he can tell that I'm not myself. We both know that we can't really relate, but it still helps to talk it out with your loved one. We both know that he can't help me defeat this stupid cycle, that has to come from within, but he can help by listening...

Just thought I'd share how we handle the topic at home.

I hope this helped in some way. Good job for getting back on track.

Nickie
NickieHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #23  
i76

Binged again today. Day 1 tomorrow. I am so frustrated, tired, hacked off and generally tired. I cannot seem to do this.

Ok, breathe........

I can get through tomorrow but then I have a dinner work night out on friday, another derailment??

I need to get a grip, the more I think about that the harder it seems. Impossible. I just can't seem to focus....

Sorry for the whinge but I am struggling her......
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:01 PM   #24  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Welcome Nickie! I know what you mean about talking to your husband. My husband & I talk about my binging alot. He thinks it's just over eating, but it's not. He never had to lose weight, he's always been thin, he lifts weights & walks w/ me, but he eats so much junk food at night. I always have to sit there and watch him do it in front of me. That shows me that he really does not understand.

Day 3- I'm chewing gum like crazy today. Trying to forget about my husbands junk food in the pantry & ice cream in the freezer. I just wish my family didn't eat all this crap, it wouldn't be in this house. I was totally good today, ate no junk at all, even lost 2.5 lbs of water weight from the last binge. I lost alot of weight twice before in my life, both times I kept it off for two years, then I gained it back. This is the third time I lost weight, & I'm maintaining for 16mo. My weight is now creeping up, the urge to binge is getting more frequent & it's just getting harder for me. For the past two days I keep saying to myself that i will not fail again, I will not gain the weight back again. So far it's working, I'm trying not eat any junk food( my trigger foods) until X-mas. I will then allow myself to eat anything, just not too much. I don't know if I can do it that long, I kinda doubt it.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 04:52 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 201/Ticker/165

Height: 5'-10"

Day 12 and feeling good. It helps that we were snowed in on Sunday and I haven't had time to shop since then. We are living on food from the pantry/freezer and all of the junk food is gone. I was hungry last night and went on a prowl through the cupboards and nothing looked tasty. So I had a glass of water instead.

i76 - it's a really tough season to not binge - temptation is everywhere. Every single day you can make it through without a binge is a victory. You don't have to make it through the next week right now. You just have to get through the next day.

nickie - welcome to the group, I hope everyone can help

thesame7lbs - I've always hid my binges. As a teenager, I would buy candy and eat it before my mom got home. Or I would keep it hidden at the back of a cupboard. I never binge in front of my kids or husband and I hide the wrappers in the garbage when I do get out of control.
NoMakeSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #26  

oh man! just found this thread and this forum, can i join? I have been binge-eating for so long. it is what has spiraled me down into this absolutely negative pattern of self-hatred, more bingeing, loneliness, more bingeing. the past 2 days have been awful. at least today i managed in a trip to the gym. going to start tomorrow. sigh. hope it's the last time i ever say that, but i'm so used to saying that... square one... again. wish me the best of luck! i'm also in the middle of final exams, so it's stress-eating 101. need all the support and help i can get!

fruitlady-sounds like you are doing awesome, though. you lost all that weight, and now are maintaining? that's incredible. you sound like a really strong and powerful person. hope i can one day lose all this weight and be binge-free forever!!!
starfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 06:16 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi, everyone! I just started on this site a little while ago. Binging is my biggest obstacle right now so I'd like to tackle it before officially trying to "lose weight." Today, I intended not to binge, but I ended up doing so, and felt pretty physically rotten for a few hours afterward. It's hard when my mind's not occupied. I'm wondering, does anyone have any techniques they would recommend to redirect their minds when they find themselves binging out of boredom or loneliness (my triggers lately).

Anyway, I guess this is my Day 1, and I'm hoping to just go one day at a time until I figure out some consistent ways to deter myself.
Eurydice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 09:16 PM   #28  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Just a quick check in tonite!

First off, a BIG welcome to all of our new folks! You are all MORE than welcome here!

I'm reading alot of struggling today. The good thing about it all is that you have made your way to us here. We are all thankful for that. I ask all of you to hang in there and keep fighting the good fight! Those first few days are so difficult to conquer those cravings that happen after the binge. Take heart and comfort in the fact that we ALL know what you are going thru and we have all been there ourselves.

Know that I am thinking about all of you and sending some happy binge-free thoughts your way!!! : I look forward to getting to know you all and seeing you get past those difficult first few days! You CAN do it!!! We are all here for you!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:00 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 272/192/140

Hi everyone!

I have been binge eating for many years and it has lead me to Type 2 diabetes. My health is deteriorating rapidly. I see most of my own struggles in your posts and my heart goes out to anyone who suffers from this. I binged today so tomorrow will be my Day 1.

I have decided that I am so sick of dieting and failing. No more diets. I do exercise and I will continue to do so. I am going to concentrate on working on controlling my binging in 2011.

I will check in daily to be accountable and to receive and give support.

Thanks everone for sharing your triumphs and struggles.
thinin08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 12:42 AM   #30  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

For the past two weeks I binged on Thursday. Last week it was a big bag of candy. The week before it was bread, peanut butter and jam.

It's Thursday today and I don't have anything to binge on at my house or here at work. I have one chocolate peanut butter Russell Stover candy sent from home but it's only 190 calories and cannot throw me like the 1000+ calorie chocolate binge of last week.

I can relate to your situation, fruitlady - the longer I maintain a lower weight, the looser my food morals become and the stronger the urge to binge becomes. I am at the point now where I more or less can't enjoy eating anything sweet because I just feel a wild maniacal desire for more.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote