Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 139/see ticker/115

Height: 5ft

Default Again! hope it is the last time

Hi guys, I have again fallen off the wagon. I started off well this time and lost 9lbs in the past 4 months. I was counting calories and going to yoga clases regularly. I also controlled my binging urges and every thing was going fine. But for the last 3 weeks I started binging, stopped yoga and in general I am feeling crappy. I dont know what triggered this but it is getting serious as I not only binged around 2000 calories today but also purged for the first time in my life. I dont like whats going on and I want to get back to where I was doing well. What I really need is a hard kick in the butt And I am counting on you guys for that. Please, if any one can help me or give me any advice, I will be grateful.
Goforit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:17 AM   #2  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

I am no good for advice, as I am struggling myself, but I wanted to give you a hug.

I am trying to control binging with a "one day at a time" mentality. When I set goals like "get through New Year's" it seems unrealistic right now, but I know I can get through today, and that helps.

I have been fighting the desire to purge as well. You have done it once, but you have to draw a line, never again. Binging is bad for us, but purging can be horrible for your body.

thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:55 AM   #3  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

A big hug for you.

You are clearly wracked with guilt with this confessional post. Everyone screws up. Don't take it out on yourself doubly with purging. Even if binging seems beyond control, you can draw the line and stick to "never again."

I'm having a tough time with this too. I took a laxative just a few minutes ago even though I'm not that constipated yet.

Last edited by krampus; 12-09-2010 at 06:55 AM.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

I feel your pain, as I've been there too. Seems to happen late in the evening when the body is tired and willpower is weakest. Please try going beck to Yoga, as it will make your body and mind feel better all the way around. Also, getting more sleep will give you more strength to curb this behavior. Good luck!
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM   #5  
Never Give Up

S/C/G: 183/162/130

Height: 5'8"

Remember why you wanted to become healthy in the first place. Remember the life you want to have and ask yourself how bad you still want it. This ALWAYS helps me back from a bad streak of binges. I really hope you can "snap" out of this hard time and get back on track so you can reach your goals. Take baby steps, clean out all of the junk that you have access to. Get some fresh air, read some positive messages and just do it, do it for yourself, because you're worth it.
ToriJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:20 PM   #6  

Thank you for your support every one. It really means a lot to me.
Thasame7lbs: I will try the one day at a time approach and see what comes out of it. Hopefully it will work.
Krampus: thanks for the hug
Webwoman: I went to yoga yesterday after the purge. It really feels wonderful and made all the difference in my mood. I don't know why I stopped it in the first place but I promised myself that I will definitely continue it this time.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:23 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

goforit - i ate 110g of brie cheese today, lots of cheddar cheese, kebabs etc. i also didnt go for my walk, didnt drink my water and feel like s*it! I so over my 1200 calories, its not even funny and i was feeling really down about it. but the truth is that i have eaten it and my plan is to acknowledge it and move on. Tomorrow is a fresh new day and when you wake up, your calorie slate is nice and clear. Just accept it and move on. Dont think about it anymore because the more I think about it, the worse I feel and I tend to eat my emotions. So clean slate tomorrow my friend! xx
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:19 AM   #8  

HI friends, thankyou for your support when things were going wrong for me. I really appreciate it. I am back on plan again, coutinng my calories and going for yoga classes and I feel good about myself again. I dont know how but I loat 2 pounds when I weighed myself this morning(I weigh myself on fridays). May be I was retaining water during TOM which was horrible this week. I know I can count on you when I am not doing well on my plan and BELIEVE ME, it makes all the difference in the world.