Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #1  
I will never give up.

S/C/G: 160/131.8/110

Height: 5'3.5" Yep, the half matters!

Default Starting Fresh -- A few promises to myself.

This post is more for my benefit, honestly, but I'd like to make some promises to myself as I start fresh in my weight loss journey, and if they are here, it will keep me accountable.

1.) I will weigh myself for the sake of recording my weight once a week, on Friday mornings. No more than that.
2.) I will probably occasionally hop on the scale out of curiosity, but I will not let that number affect my decisions or my mood for the day. I am a person, not a number.
3.) Fat is not a feeling. I will occasionally feel bloated, tired, "blah" or like I have overeaten, but this does not make me "fat."
4.) I will focus on number of servings of various food groups, NOT calories. I cannot spend my life focusing on numbers. BUT...
5.) I will not go under 1,200 calories on any given day. I will make every effort to stay near my RDI, but 1,200 calories is the absolute minimum.
6.) I will keep a food diary to hold myself accountable to number 4. If I see that I need more calories, I will find a healthy way to fill that need.
7.) I will not exercise past the point of physical pain or extreme fatigue. I will listen to my body.
8.) I will spend the majority of my time focusing on things besides weight loss. Losing weight is NOT my life.
9.) If I feel like I am going to either binge/purge or go into a restrictive mode, I will call someone or use a coping skill to the best of my ability to avoid this.
10.) I will mess up. It's inevitable. And when I do, I will pick myself up, brush myself off, and do whatever I can to get back on track. I will not feel guilty about something I cannot undo.

Does anyone have anything like this that they keep for themselves? I'd love to hear them.
bama girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 229/220/170

Height: 6'0'

I've missed you and your posts! I hope you are felling better, and welcome back!
chickybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:29 PM   #3  
On a mission

S/C/G: HW280/CW270/GW160

Height: 5'9"

Can I get THAT on a Pillow? Absolutely Great! Congrats for standing up and taking a stand. Good luck!

Last edited by vdander24; 12-07-2010 at 07:30 PM.
vdander24 is offline   Reply With Quote