Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-07-2010, 01:02 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

earning day 117... yesterday went really well food wise... thank you allllll sooooo much for the support... i am actually feeling great right now which is freakin' amazing considering my kids had me up from 1-4am today (so a total of 3 hrs sleep) and my ex hub sent me a crappy email last night...(basically accusing my bf of being naked around my son!!! and a whole pile of other crap about school and holidays and our old dog etc etc)... so i didnt run to food... i called my bf and let out the emotions and thankfully he is understanding and listened and comforted me without patrenizing me... it was wonderful to have someone to lean on... just like you ladies!!!

it is amazing how society "gives us permission" to be pigs this time of year...it should be about seeing family and not abotu what you are eating!!! my word... the average canadian gains 10lbs between Dec 1 adn Jan 1 ... seriously!?!?! that is gross!!!! i am all too aware of what happened to me last christmas day... my boys were off the their dad's and i drove to my parents house... on the way there i stopped at the donut shop and bought 6 donuts and ate them all on the 30min drive to my parents and even had to throw the box out the window so they wouldnt find it!!! then we had christmas dinner and dessert and cookies and drinks etc... i WILL NOT do that again this year!!! i am a year stronger... a year 'wiser' ... and 117 days along!!!

thank you for talking me off the ledge yesterday!!!!

lets all take a step back from the ledge and breath deeply....
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 03:50 PM   #17  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 4- I thought I better come here cause I am so hungry today. I am feeling actual hunger after I just ate lunch and was full. It's only been an hour! I want peanut butter, ice cream & chocolate so bad. I need to pick my daughter up from school around 4:45pm today, it's only 3:50pm & I am here by myself. I will try my hardest to stay away from the food. I hope I make it!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 08:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 201/Ticker/165

Height: 5'-10"

Day 2 and it was tough because I had meetings all day and came home late from work. And when I got home, I was extremely hungry and had to fight not to overeat at dinner (little bite, chew, little bite, chew). Fortunately I was organized and cooked dinner for Monday-Wednesday on Sunday afternoon so there was food ready and waiting for us when we got home. This definitely works better when I plan ahead and stay organized.
NoMakeSense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:53 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

208!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 11:54 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 270/238/175

Height: 5'9"

Starting over...for the last time! Day 1. I gotta get his right!
mmiller2829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:39 AM   #21  

not sure what day i am up to... probably about one week (will check later)
did have one event this week, where we had dinner our for my youngest daughters graduation from primary school. It was buffet style, and i put a fair bit on my plate thinking i would only eat half (didn't want others thinking OMG look at her on a diet), but when i sat down i ate all of it (wasn't too bad, it was a fairly small plate and i picked the best of the choices, didn't take a bread roll and butter, and only had a couple bites of fruit for desert. (since there was pavalova, trifle, cream, christmas pudding, cake... etc... i think i did ok)
but i did eat over what i should have i would estimate about 300-400 calories over for the day, but i would not declare it a binge as i never felt i lost control like i do when i binge
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:46 AM   #22  

day 118 today and feeling strangely in control and confident ! i made it through last night with just a couple of gum drops and a small taste of icing... when my youngest woke me up at 3:30am i was hungry so that tells me i didnt over eat although i came very very close a few times!

so i sit here at work, proud of my day 117 and excited to make it 118

i hope you all made it through yesterday as it seems there were a few of you struggling.... and if you didn't make it yesterday, remember that today is a new day and a new chance to prove to yourself that you can do this!

biggest hugs to everyone on hump day
Old 12-08-2010, 09:18 AM   #23  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Day 58 here and I will make it through with flying colors!! There will be no repeat performance of my last Day 58 when I didn't make it through and binged. From that experience, I learned that food is not something that will truly comfort my emotions. Reaching out to people in hard times will comfort me.

I reach out to all of you today to say that we are all in this together and we are all stronger than food!

Make today count!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:39 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

209!

Yesterday, friend of mine asked if I lost weight, and I said yes. She asked me if I lost it because of the anxiety and excitment of recently meeting a guy I really like (I met him about 3 weeks ago). I said no, I'm working at it. She was very encouraging and didn't say anything bad--but I'm a little aggrevated that she thought that I lost this weight 1) just in the last few weeks and 2) without trying.

I've been working on not binging for 1.5 years now. During this time, I've very slowly lost the 35 I've lost. SLOW--I realize that. And it's how I want it. I also realize that when someone starting at 252 lbs loses 35 lbs, it's not gonna show as that much, so she probably thinks I lost like, 5 lbs. But it just shows how people really don't know about weight and weight loss if it's not something they've ever dealt with.

I also think it's funny that she would think I could ever lose weight without trying--if I don't try, I gain and fast!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:28 AM   #25  

it never fails to amaze me how "dumb" some people are about weight loss and its challenges! when i lost the weight and was used in a poster for Goodlife Fitness i was asked, over and over and over, how i did it...how did i loose 140+ lbs... DUH!!! i ate smart and worked out a ton!!! it is like they expected me to say "i took this pill once a day and ate chocolate at every meal" ... seriously people, I was on a poster for a FITNESS CLUB... I train, HARD, every day!!!

makes me shake my head!

sooo proud of your 209!!! i am catching up! lol
Old 12-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #26  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Day 4, feeling really good.

Just went to the supermarket hungry, and everything looked good. I reminded myself that any pleasure those things would give me is only temporary -- fleeting, actually. I'm having some hearty soup for lunch and then I will tackle the pile of Christmas cards to keep my hands busy!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 01:36 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 303!

I'm really, really busy today. In fact, I'm overwhelmed, so I'll make this brief. Just wanted to stop in and say hi!

PARIS, FRUITLADY and THESAME7LBS., thank you for your encouragement and support. We all need that! Wishing you all the best, too!

FRUITLADY, Stay strong. It's not worth it. You've done so well! Look how far you've come. It's sometime hard to remember how bad we will feel if we overindulge. I noticed once I started eating sugary foods again, it's so much harder to live without them. I had to not eat sugar yesterday to feel myself again. Stay strong. Much success to you!!! And congrats on coming here instead!

Good luck, everyone!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 12-08-2010 at 01:39 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #28  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Tyla- thanks! I had to have a little of what I was craving, so I did. But just a little.

Day 5- did well, but still feeling that hunger, even after I eat. So I ate an extra yogurt & it worked. I don't get it, I never used to be this way.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 05:53 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

FRUITLADY, a lot of it has to do with the colder weather. I'm hungry more, too. Congrats on eating just a little! And Yogurt is good for you!

Last edited by tyla; 12-08-2010 at 05:54 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:51 AM   #30  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Binged this afternoon on chocolate. I don't know how or why it's come to this - I never, ever binged like this in my "before" time. I just watched a very triggering documentary about the UK journalists who crash dieted from a US 8 to a US 00 and it's done my head in.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote