Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:27 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

Default Binge Free Challenge Nov 15 - 21

Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge-free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

__________________________________________________ ________

so i am earning day 95 right now... and feeling like a bag of poo poo... i broke up with my bf last night and we agreed to take a step back and just be friends...this is totally new for me... i have only had 3 other relationships and i was not able to be friends with them afterwards... so i feel absolutely horrible today... i only managed a few hours of restless sleep (being tired is a HUGE trigger for me) and i even joked with him that "i don't even have any hagen das in the freezer" ... to which he promptly got really serious and said "don't undo all the work you've done" ... which brought me to tears again! damn it... i feel like i am broke inside and completely unable to love someone ... what is wrong with me?!?!

well, i cannot loose it here at work and cry so i will stop now and promise myself (and you!) that i will NOT BINGE TODAY! or tomorrow or the day after that... no relationship issues will be solved by putting food in my mouth!!!

hope monday treats you all with respect!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7

happytobeamomof2: , I am so sorry to hear that. Break ups can be so difficult. It might not be so big conselation but we are all here to supprot you whenever you need it. I really hope you will be ok. Just take it day by day. I'm rooting for you!!!

PS; Congrats on day 95. You are a true inspiration.

I myself is earning day 2. New goal for me, be binge free for at least 14 days
Nile1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #3  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning All. Day 35 here and doing great!!

Kim: I'm sorry that you are sad. I've been there. You are right, food will not solve anything. You are a beautiful, strong, driven, confident, and amazing woman. Don't let anyone, anything, or any situation make you feel less than.

We're all here for you to lean on. You know that. Love ya girl.

Last edited by Vixsin; 11-15-2010 at 09:43 AM.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:05 AM   #4  

oh the tears are here again... thank you very much... amazing how knowing i can come here (instead of going to the cafeteria like i was just thinking) can make allll the difference...

has anyone broken off the romantic part of a relationship and been able to remain friends??? any tips? how do you look at that person and not see the hurt and longing they still feel and want to feel? what do you do when they basically tell you that they are going to wait for you to come around (i.e. will not actively look for anyone else) how do you move on?

i want this guy in my life as a friend... he is an amazing person... i just feel nothing for him sexually/romantically ... at all... i have been denying it and hoping it would 'grow' but it isnt... so i have basically felt like we are just friends for a while now anyways...

thanks for letting me vent...again!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:07 AM   #5  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Hi everyone,

Well, I survived the 1st weekend in about 3 weeks without a binge!!

It was definitely not a perfect weekend. I'm up about 5lbs from my low weight last week, but there are a lot of factors that go into both the high & the low, so I'm not reading into it too much.

Vixsin - Way to stay strong, girl!! Congratulations on surpassing the 1 month marker!!

Kim/Happy - I am so very sorry to hear about your breakup. It sounds like it is the best thing for the both of you, though. As for the friend thing, I think it CAN happen in time, but oftentimes is too difficult to have frequent contact in those early stages right after the breakup. Just my opinion, but give yourself time & space, and spoil yourself rotten. Remember things that YOU like to do & do lots of them - - bubble baths, reading, spas, shopping, concerts, whatever. Just keep yourself busy and keep kitchen-time to a minimum. You are an amazing woman. You WILL love again and are loveable, but you cannot fabricate it if it isn't there. Maybe it will grow, maybe not. In the meantime, take care of YOU.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 280!

Have an awesome day, Everyone!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 199.2/196.8/168

Height: 5'11"

Day One
I tried last week, and managed a couple good days - the goal is to make that many good days!
losinlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 298/238...285.5/217/150

15 - day 17 - still strong even with some turmoil
16 - day 18
17 - day 19
18 - day 20
19 - day 21

Last edited by DixC Chix; 11-20-2010 at 03:58 PM.
DixC Chix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 186--good luck everyone!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:36 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Kim I'm sorry to hear about your relationship ending - whether you have romantic feelings for him or not, it's still hard. I've only had one relationship in my life (and we're getting married in March) so I can't really offer any advice...

Day 4 for me - Had a massive binge on Thursday - basically went and bought of stuff and ate and ate and ate all day long until it was gone - I googled "feeling bruised after a binge" and sure enough the sore spots i felt were from consuming so much

Didn't eat healthily Friday or Saturday but didn't binge - Yesterday I went for a jog, ate well, and today I've eaten healthily as well. Part of me feels like the cycle will never end but guess we just have to dust ourselves off.
SarahinBalance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #11  

okay, i just talked to my friend for an hour...she lectured and soothed and consoled and told me it is not my fault and to stop beating myself up!

so here i am, a little stronger, a little happier... and ready to breath deeply and move onward and upward... this is relationship #4 in my life and i am hopeful that #5 will be that much better again and that i might have actulaly made a life-long friend in the process of #4...

i delivered my cake at noon and i always bring some extra icing in case the cake is damaged in transport... i knew it was about 250cal and i knew yesterday (before i even broke up with him) that i would have it today after lunch as 'dessert' ... so i did... and then i glued my butt to this chair and have no moved (towards the cafeteria) since! good thing i have a busy night too... i will go to bed early and breath deeply reminding myself that i do not need to settle... i am worth a decent loving man and that the right one is out there for me...

sarah - my first boyfriend became my husband... we were married nearly 8 years and together 12... it is an extra sweet feeling knowing your first love is your first love (if you know what I mean...)

paris - in all my issues this weekend i had missed the thread that you were struggling on day 185... i am so pleased to hear you made it through and found a way off your binge-ledge!!! i am 1/2 way to catching you

cheryl - thank you for the encouragement to do what i want for me... i forget sometimes to do that... (okay, a lot of times!)

vixsin - you, girl, are on my wavelength for sure!!

breath - in - out - breath - in -out... Monday is over 1/2 done already!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:00 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

HAPPY, just read your earlier post, because I didn't have time before. I was getting ready and heading for work. I'm so proud of you for hanging in there. I know you will stay strong. As you know, it's too easy to start eating and go down the wrong path, and it takes forever to get as many days under your belt as you now have. Just know you have lots of support here. And you especially have mine. We're in this together!

If it's any consolation and motivation to stay strong, I'm going through some serious difficulties, too. It's a wonder I hung in there as long as I have. (I pray for help a lot.)

Wishing you the best!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 11-15-2010 at 03:04 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #13  
i76

I am day 4, I feel good- really good. I realise its 6 weeks till xmas so I am getting focused on eating clean and getting down the gym. I realise I work well with short focused goals and 6 weeks seems do-able. Operation skinny

I have also decided to try something different and basically eat the same things throughout the day for my working week. The aim to to try to think less about food, because is similar everyday. This week:
B: fish/stir fried veg
S: cheese chopped veg
L: homemade soup x1 egg
S: protein shake apple
D: sardines veg
Seems to be working so far, perhaps at the weekend I will vary the meals a little. But thinking less about food feels great!

I know everyone is trying - Keep going. I figure if I can be successful for one day then I know I just have to repeat that for the next day and the next.

Keep making the right choices, its your life and your choices.
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #14  
i76

Happy: Sorry to hear about the relationship thing, you can only go with how you feel. Hang in there chick!

Sarah:I know what you mean about it being a cycle, you WILL break free. I am about your weight and trying to magic away 10p or so. Lets lock into this together, come on. You will break the cycle. Trust yourself. I am on day 4 just now, so lets keep those numbers going up. You with me?

Cheryl:Good effort on the weekend, success is addictive.

Vixin: Day 35, nice job.

Tyla & Paris: I dream of racking up the numbers you are posting. RES-PECT!
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 07:19 PM   #15  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 10- I was thinking of chocolate, could have had some of hubby's candy, but didn't because I know that once I get the taste of it, I won't stop. So, I've been carrying around my pack of gum wherever I go. Dannon light & fit yogurt has a caramel yogurt just for a limited time, so I stocked up on them, there great when you are craving candy. It works for me!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote