Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-09-2010, 10:53 AM   #16  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Happy Tuesday everyone! I've made it 3 days binge-free, and not feelin' edgy at all. DH is back in town for a few days, then away Fri-Sun. I also have neighborhood ladies over to my house on Friday, which is uber-stressful for me. AND work is a b**ch. All of this typically spells out of control eating for me, but thus far, I am frankly just tired. Food won't cure that.

JessieCat - go get it! Day 1 is all yours!!

Vixsin - almost a month?? WOO HOO!!! You are amazing.

YoYono - good for you for putting it in the past. Guilt & shame does nothing but hinder our progress. You are worth this and deserve to be a happy, healthy person. I'm proud of you for moving forward with positivity!

Happy - sooooo impressed at your self-control with the candy! WOW! And 89 days?!?!?!?! WOO HOO! Thanks for being the positive leader of this thread - can't wait to celebrate your 3 month milestone!

DixC - 10 days is so awesome. Keep it up!

fruitlady - way to stay strong against the Nutella. That stuff is ADDICTING! I couldn't have it in my house... Thanks to your advice, I've rebounded 100% from my craziness last Friday. Thank you, again.

tyla - you continue to be an inspiration to all of us!! Way to show us how it's done!! AMAZING!

Last edited by cherylmn; 11-09-2010 at 10:54 AM.
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #17  
Mama on a Mission

Height: 5'6

I am with you all. That time of the month so my cravings get nuts. I was super hungry around 8pm last night and instead of eating a ton of crap like I maybe would do in that situation, I ate a Fiber One bar and piece of fruit. Still didn't need the extra calories but I think I did at least take a step in the right direction when those craving hit. Instead od chowing down on chips or something really unhealthy, I chose a slightly better option.

Still struggling today so knowing that I have to be accountable on here as well should help me make it through the week.
Mitza24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #18  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Today is day 93, I can't wait to hit 100!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #19  
i76

Today has not been good, just tucked into sweets set said for an advent calendar. Enjoyed them for a brief moment but now....feeling crap. Thinking about all my hard work over the past 20days coming unstuck.

Actually, no.... I need to step back into the zone and get empowered. Sorry had to vent, not a binge but definite over eating. It's done now, next time I will go to bed early.

Great to hear everyone else, keep working it.
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #20  
A Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by i76 View Post
Actually, no.... I need to step back into the zone and get empowered.
YES! That is the right way to look at it. We are human, which means we will not always make the best choices. You haven't blown ANYTHING. Just get back on plan & reap the benefits.

Old 11-09-2010, 04:33 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7

happytobeamomof2: 89 days binge free? That is awesome. Truely inspirational . It must be so awesome to lead a spinning class. That has always been one of my little dreams. Maybe someday

cherylmn: Congrats on your 3rd day binge free. Well done. Keep going strong!

Mitza24: That's so good that you made the right choice when those cravings hit. Kudos to you

My Michelle: Congrats on day 93. AWESOME. Day 100 is not far away

i76: That's ok. I think we all have experienced slip ups. And you obviously have a good attitude about it too. Brush yourself off and try again

As for me I am earning day 6. Well, I have actually earned it since it's night here now. But this has been the hardest so far. I went to town today and when I am away from home I don't have that much control...something I really have to work on..I wanted some pepsi and other stuff sooooo bad! But I didn't do it anyway . I can honestly say that this is the first time in a looong time that I haven't bought any junk food while I've been in the city. Tomorrow I am travelling to the capital to do an interview for a magazine...gonna be difficult I feel..Will have to pack something healthy to bring with me. Can't wait to get home again and do some exercise again too!

Stay strong everyone!
Nile1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 274!

Cheryl, thanks for your kind words. I really appreciate them! And congrats to you for Day 3. Good luck to you over the weekend. I'm sending you tons of strength.

Let's all continue to stay strong.

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:00 PM   #23  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

cherlymn- I'm so glad your feeling better, keep up the good work!

Day 4 for me- going to Red Lobster for my uncles 82nd. birthday, I couldn't say no, so I went to their website and chose something from the lighthouse menu. I'm getting a half portion of Tilapia w/ Broccoli, only 230 cal. & 3 grams of fat, low sodium too. The challenge will be to stay away from those cheddar buns they serve before dinner. I love those things, I have to stay strong and not give in!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:16 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 143.8/131.2/120

Height: 5'7''

fruitlady- good luck at Red Lobster! in college one of the frat guys worked there and would bring home a huge bag of them after his shift and hand them out at the frat parties. I think I ate like 5 in a row one time!

tyla- I cannot believe 274 days! You are an inspiration to me! How do you do it???

Nile- Good for you for not giving in! It feels sooo good!

i76- you can do it!!! It feels good to move on

My Michelle- 93! Woah How do you do it too!?!?!

cherylmn- 3 days! awesome! one day at a time!

Hoping to end my first day binge free! Yay!
JessieCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:30 PM   #25  

hmpf if i survive today it will be day 36 for me

nearly lost it, so much crap going on with work, the kids.. then i weigh myself and find even though i have worked my a$s off this week to not even have lost 1/2 a pound

i was walking with my best friend and found out it was her birthday yesterday and i had totally forgotten, how could someone forget their best friends birthday? i offered to buy morning tea as i felt so horrible, and with that thought i was gonna buy some hot pies for lunch and then started thinking what was at home, and damn have no car today to go buy junk... etc..
thankgod it didn't go down that path

so Guilt is definitely one of my triggers... gotta stay strong and keep going, letting myself go again will just make the hurt even worse and wont solve any of the real issues.
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #26  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlady View Post
The challenge will be to stay away from those cheddar buns they serve before dinner. I love those things, I have to stay strong and not give in!
OMG. Those things are so incredible. I'm wishing you lots of willpower!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #27  
A Work in Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon6669 View Post
hmpf if i survive today it will be day 36 for me.
You WILL survive today - no question. I promise!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icedragon6669 View Post
so Guilt is definitely one of my triggers... gotta stay strong and keep going, letting myself go again will just make the hurt even worse and wont solve any of the real issues.
OK - you've identified it, now let's find a few actions that can help. You apologized to your friend & bought tea. How about getting her a nice 'belated' card & some flowers? Or schedule a special girls night out with just the two of you? Food will not rid you of guilt - - in fact, it will only add to it. Repeat after me: "I will respect myself today. I will treat my body with RESPECT! I am worth it."

Eventually, we may even come to believe it.

JessieCat - you are almost there!! 1 day down. MAJOR accomplishment. Bravo!
Old 11-09-2010, 08:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

oh... i am soooo struggling right now... after my fish dinner (which i HATE) i "helped" my kids have some chocolate i hadn't planned on... and then i had to go to bulk barn to buy supplies for this latest cake and my youngest bought a treat... so now those 250cal of peanut M&M are screaming at me from the closet... and so is the yucky icing... and bread and cheese and cereal bars and and and... i am dying to binge... and i will die binging... soooooooo close to day 90... i have to make it through tonight... urg.... damn it!!!!!!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:33 AM   #29  

i survived and feel great!!! it only took about 30 minutes at home alone to get over the need i had to binge.

still not sure on friends bday, though she says no worrys as she knows i have a lot on right now. might get her a voucher or i know shes after the twilight books (will have car tomorrow.)
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

day 90!! i am going to have to earn it too... it is not even 8 am and i am dying for crap food...what gives!?!?

i am tired, cranky and wishing i was able to just stay in bed today...

but alas, i must work for a living... sooooo... i will earn my day 90 and be proud of it!!!

teaching spinning is one of the most amazing things i have done since i lost the weight... it is soooo empowering to know that i am helping others get and stay fit... and that i can do it

happy hump day to you all!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote