Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:44 PM   #1  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

Default Name the emotion...

OK - my urge to consume massive quantities of sugar-laden food is SO HIGH right now! Thank goodness I'm in the office, which will put some reigns on it. Unfortunately, it is a small office, and I can quietly binge here without anyone knowing (ugh).

So, the game is to name the emotion & the corresponding CORRECT behavior to address the emotion, right? So, here it goes:

Emotions/Feelings
1. I am TIRED.
2. I am stressed about work.
3. I am worried about my next 2 weekends at home alone with my kids.
4. I feel like I'm carrying the burden of home & work by myself.
5. I am starting to seriously hate my job.

Actions
1. Get to bed earlier tonight.
2. Put together a "to do" list & time frames so I can start ticking off items & see some actual progress.
3. Make some plans with others & with my kids to HAVE FUN while DH is gone and schedule in exercise time (even if it means getting a babysitter so I can do it).
4. Ask for some help.
5. Start networking & look for other opportunities.

Well, as we all know, none of the corresponding actions involve eating in any way. So, I guess now that it is down on e-paper, it feels a little ridiculous to think about using food to resolve ANY of this. I'm not saying it still won't happen, but writing this down like this definitely does help connect my brain with my heart. I won't eat anything for 20 minutes...then re-evaluate if I'm even hungry (current state: full & slightly bloated from drinking diet pop).

Thanks for listening to me!!
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #2  
OMW to a brand new me!

S/C/G: 312/seeticker/135

Height: 5'1"

This is a FANTASTIC Idea. You have inspired me to do the same!
lazylioness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:15 PM   #3  
i76

excellent, you have paused and considered issue AND solutions. Well done.

How are you going? A nice early night sounds good, tomorrow you will be refreshed and the storm will have blown over.
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #4  
A Work in Progress

It has been 1.5 hours since I typed it. I am officially famished, but my urge to crummy food has mostly passed for now.

Off to retrieve my 1% cottage cheese from the office fridge. I, unfortunately, have a late night planned here at work & no real food plan. It isn't a great situation for me, but I need to power through this.

Success breeds more success. Thanks for your kind words.
Old 11-03-2010, 08:59 PM   #5  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Could it be possible that the reason you are craving sugar is because you have over-indulged in it within the past few days? Is it possible that the real reason you are craving it is because you are going through withdrawal and your body is craving a sugar induced coma? It happens to me...the solution is to overpower it by not eating it. Super easy to say, very hard to do
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 10:49 PM   #6  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

Impressive self analysis, accountability check and plan!!

Stress hormones definitely increase our cravings for carbs. I find that in addition to reducing my stress, sleeping more and all the other awesome plans you made...eating regular protein in higher than normal levels for my diet helps me get thru these times
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 01:20 AM   #7  
A Work in Progress

Thanks for all the great comments!

Lori Bell - absolutely true. Once I have the sugar, I just want more. My typical "cure" is to get 1-2 days w/o, then the cravings subside. I've even done the all-protein thing when it gets really bad.

So much for rest, though. It is after midnight and I'm just NOW leaving work. Heaven help me in the upcoming days...ugh. But this is my life, so I guess I'd better start figuring out how to deal with it (or change it) WITHOUT compromising my health.

First things first. Shut off the computer, drive home, GO TO BED.

See you chickies tomorrow. Thanks for being here with me.