Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-03-2010, 12:16 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 276/276/150

Height: 5'4''

This thread has my name written all over it. Well, it's 12:11am on Wednesday November 3rd, so I suppose this is the beginning of my Day 1.

Congrats to all the binge-free chickies. You are truly inspiring. This may not be the place to ask this (take it easy on me, I'm a newbie) but has anyone ever gone to an OA meeting? I was thinking about attending one, but I'm a little nervous and a tad shy
pamarama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 01:27 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

pamarama, why not join us first? If that doesn't work you can join them. I'm sorry I don't know much about OA. But I do know that this thread has helped me to stay in control.

Cheryl, I think exercising after overeating is a smart move!! You get plenty of endorphins and get a new perspective on things. Exercise always helps me, whether it's to keep me from eating or burning up cals. In my book you deserve an applause. Congrats to you! Awesome work!

Paris, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Until tomorrow....

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 11-03-2010 at 01:34 AM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:14 AM   #33  

Still hanging in there. I am far from perfect. I still don't feel comfortable starting to assign "days' as yet but am getting a better attitude and plan.

Paris Happy Birthday!

Everyone have a wonderful Wednesday!

Last edited by bonnie2009; 11-03-2010 at 03:15 AM.
bonnie2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:49 AM   #34  

day 29 here

was interesting today, a really close friend came over bringing bakery goodies for us for morning tea, i am very private, and refuse to say no i am on a diet, and would hate to upset a good friend, so i did eat the offerings, BUT it didn't start a binge (OMG thats a first) so for the rest of the day i just reduced my calorie intake to make up for it and move on......

i am very proud of myself, as normally i would think OH BUGGER i have STUFFED up my diet, might as well just eat everything i can shove in my face and start again tomorrow.

BUT NO BINGE FOR ME>>>>>>> @!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icedragon6669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:28 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

paris - happy birthday!!!

ice - wicked girl!!!! good job!!!

i earned my day 82 !!! it was soooo hard to not eat that icing!!! oh my gosh... i am not sure how i didnt actually! i just kept saying "yogurt and berries are waiting for you...they are healthy and yummy... you don't need icing..." and i did it!!!! WOOO HOOOO!!!

now i get to tackle the icing monster again tonight and the cake is done! i cna do this ... i can!!!!

i hope everyone makes it through hump day unscathed!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:44 AM   #36  
Y U NO EAT RITE?

S/C/G: HW: 250

Height: 5 foot 7 and a heifff

Today is Day 2 for me.

I came home from a hectic afternoon at the doctor's office and was so hungry. I started to go for the Qdoba chips again out of stress and whatnot, but luckily only had a few chips and a couple of roasted almonds before I stopped and went "WOAH. Don't start a binge!". So I stopped and waited until my girlfriend was done cooking dinner; which consisted of brown rice, broccoli and a small chicken breast. And I treated myself to a Bloody Mary.

WHEEEEWWWW. Made it through that almost binge!

And congrats to all you longtime non-bingers. I hope one day to be as strict as you all are.
Persicae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone!

Starting day 174!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #38  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning My Friends!!!!

Today is Day 23 and the scale is down again this morning so that makes me happy!

Persicae: Great job stopping yourself! You should feel very proud! One foot in front of the other.

Kim: Great job resisting the icing monster!!!!! Only 1 more monster to contend with tonight and then you're done!!! You are rocking it!

Ice: Great work on being able to enjoy a treat from your friend. Way to go with the planning for the rest of the day to offset it!!! Really great work!

Bonnie: I'm glad you're here and with us. I'm also glad that you are feeling more comfortable everyday. Soon you'll be ready to count those binge free days. You're doing such a great job!

pamarama: Welcome!!! We're glad you're here. I have never been to an OA meeting but I hear they are helpful. I know there is an OA sub-forum around here somewhere. I agree with Tyla, if you're nervous to go to a meeting right now, why not just hang with us for a bit? This thread has really helped me to stay accountable as well.

Cheryl: Thank you for the kind words. And good for you for getting on that treadmill after not eating so great. It's true that you can't out-exercise bad eating habits but you CAN give yourself some great resolve to not overdo it again when you exercise. Good on you for that!

Together, we will win this battle! Make today great everyone!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #39  

Day 268!

HAPPY, you got me thinking of rewards, too. I might get me a new sweater on Friday... my 9 month binge-free anniversary. Thanks for suggesting I reward myself. And by the way, congrats on staying strong!

Persicae, great job! Day 2 for you. Awesome!! You're doing exactly what I did... I had to take it one day at a time, and eventually I built momentum. You will, too. All the best to you!!

Good luck to everyone today!

Tyla
Old 11-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 139/see ticker/115

Height: 5ft

Hi friends, it is so good see people supporting each other this way. I have been eating a lot yesterday but today I am going to start fresh and try to control my impulses and cravings. I am going to be accoutable to all of you and will post my progress every single day. From today I am not going to drink any diet cola and will stick to my diet plan. Every day is a fresh start.
Goforit24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:58 PM   #41  

Hi Goforit!

Welcome! Great goals! I find when I start overeating, it's all due to stress or some other emotion. Ask yourself what happened to you that's making you want to eat? Whenever you're stressed exercise and/or do something else that brings you joy. That's what I do. Wishing you the best! Good luck to you!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 11-03-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 02:40 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

urg... i am sitting here staring at a large 60% dark chocolate ghana bar that my friend left on my desk while i was in a meeting... i am now chewing gum trying to decide what to do... do i have some now and throw out the rest here at work so there is no chance of eating more? do i take it home and risk a binge on it? (i est 500cal for the entire bar?!?!? not sure though... it is about 3" x 6" and about .25" thick)

urg...what to do...what to do... i dont want to be rude and not at least try it... i guess i could have a couple squares now adn then turf the rest so when she asks i can say "yes it was lovely" and "please don't give me more" ?!?!?

advice ?
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 03:34 PM   #43  
A Work in Progress

S/C/G: S-201.5/C-142.5/G-145.0

Height: 5' 6"

I'd suggest taking it home "to try" and then throwing it in the trash on your way to your car/train/bus/etc. Your co-worker will be none-the-wiser, and you will not risk breaking your awesome non-binge streak!

Of course, if you wish to try some, why not have 1 square (I personally ADORE dark chocolate) and then suggest that you share it with others in your office. Is there a community 'food' place where you could put it so your other colleagues could enjoy?

Of course, you could also always just make something up about dietary restrictions and chocolate. I'll admit, I've done it .

You can do it!! Whatever you decide, do NOT bring it home to risk breaking your awesome streak now. So not worth it!!
cherylmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:22 PM   #44  
i76

Day 14, Oh yeah!

No binges, if I think back to my last episode, its like its a different person. I feel so strong mentally right now. For example I bought some chocolate advent calander things for 2 friends that I am going to customise and remove some of the sweets and replace with other non choc treats. I will take that chocolate to work and not eat it. So I am removing the opportunity for failure. I don't even want it at the moment but I know I might get tempted down the road.

Congrats, on everyone who is hanging in there. Keep working through things. You are all stronger than you know.
i76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:38 PM   #45  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 15- I've been getting extra hungry the past 2 days. I go to bed w/ a growling stomach, I get so hungry it hurts. So it's been really hard for me, but I make it. Today I ate some fruit when I got hungry 2 hrs. after I ate lunch. Why am I hungry all the time? It makes not binging so hard!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote