Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-23-2010, 03:30 PM   #1  
Keep Trying

S/C/G: 188/188/148

Height: 5'2"

Default a dinner party tonight

There's a dinner party tonight. It's really hard for me. I am going to eat dinner before leaving so I'm not starving by the time dinner comes and I can resist dessert. I am going to keep cool and not get stressed out if someone comments about my weight. (meaning that I've gained weight since they've seen me last).

The true test comes tomorrow. I wrote myself a long note of what I expect from myself and how far I've come that it shouldn't be blown for a silly dinner party. I know I am just getting started..but this took me a long time to get started. I am on Day 4 and counting. That means something to me.

So.. yes let's hope...send me thoughts, prayers, and/or good vibes.
coad786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 221/214/200

Height: 5'6

Good luck!

Its easy to over eat at a special function. Try to not let your mind go "there".

I think your plan is sound- eating before you get there so you arent hungry. I think another good plan is to try to leave at least half of your food on your plate. Only eat it if its really good, if you take a bite and its not great- leave it alone and move on to the next thing.

Its so easy to say, so much harder to do. Good luck tonight!!
1HauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Good luck tonight. I'm playing bridge tonight. there will be temptations. I can usually pass them up but it leaves an imprint in my brain or something and I want to stuff carbs when I get home anyway!! But tonight maybe I'll try coming on here for support. I think it's very rude for people to actually say something out loud about your weight gain. As you get older people so stop saying it - cuz they usually have too. Perhaps you can prepare a witty remark to use. Maybe you can say, "Did you know you said that out loud?"
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:08 AM   #4  
Keep Trying

S/C/G: 188/188/148

Height: 5'2"

I ate things that I wouldn't have normally eaten, but perfectly normal and within the range I decided. I didn't have sweets. Peopled tried to encourage me to eat a little bit.. thissss much only. I said no thank you.

This morning I weighed myself and I am 3 pounds heavier. I don't know why I weighed myself. I am trying to correct my thinking about why I'm 3 pounds heavier. I obviously didn't eat that much food. So I remember on an exercise thread I posted on yesterday someone said something about when you start exercising, you get tiny tears in muscles and that make make for water retention. Also, maybe I'm approaching Mr. Tom's cabin I'm not sure (irregular problem) but maybe. I don't know.. it's either the middle of the month so to speak or it's TOM. I'll know soon I guess.

So...I'm trying to remphasize that the weight is water weight either way so I don't cut calories and so I don't eat 5000 calories today thinking of how I messed up yesterday and ate some rice or a piece of bread and go into a binge today.

I can just go back to what I was doing the day before yesterday..no problem. It's alright. And yesterday is done and over. Today I'm back in my routine.

This is mostly me talking to me and deciding how today is going to go in writing.
coad786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 221/214/200

Height: 5'6

Sounds like a successful night!!

(Toddler on lap- going to be short post!)

A good night means a good day today. Stick with this. There are going to be ups and downs along the way (weight wise). I suggest staying off the scale until your done with TOM! Keep going, you can do it!!
1HauteMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 02:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

It's discouraging when you've been good and the scale doesn't cooperate. It is also unbelievable how weight fluctuates around tom due to water retension. Hang in there. And people that try to get others to eat a little something bad - very annoying. You handled it very well. A couple of years ago, no one was eating the cookies that the skinny hostess put out. She actually picked up the plate and waved it under a friend's nose. Friend was recovering from significant health issues and newly diagnosed with diabetes. I "reminded" hostess that friend had diabetes.(We had just been discussing it.) Everyone thinks the skinny woman is nice, including me, but what was that about? Good for you for just saying no thank you.
deelee10 is offline   Reply With Quote