Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-21-2010, 08:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 135/127/110

Height: 5' 1''

Default i've eaten twice my caloric requirements in the past two days! i need encouragement

I've come down with a head cold and what started as giving my body some extra nutrients to help it fight it off turned into me eating a little over 5000 calories in the past two days, and normally I try to keep it around 1300-1500 a day! I've eaten enough to last me till the weekend!

Today at work (I'm a barista at a coffee shop/ice cream place...such a TERRIBLE place when you can easily sneak a handful of candy here and there and make yourself any kind of calorie rich drink you want) even though I can't smell or taste anything, I managed to eat a TON of junk food. In particular I remember eating a pumpkin spice muffin that I couldn't even taste but I scarfed it down anyways. ):

I've worked so hard to recover from a severe episode of binging and purging over the summer to get where I'm at now and I don't want to let myself spin out of control and lose all the progress it's taken me so long to achieve!

Any advice? Words of encouragement? I have a hard time controlling myself on my own and anything helpful would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks ladies. You all inspire and help me so much.

Last edited by rrjs; 09-21-2010 at 08:59 PM.
rrjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 145/145/135

Height: 5'8"

Ugh I have been on a 3 day binge! It's terrible and I feel awful. I try to detox with good food but fall off the wagon and want candy. I too have eaten over 5,000 calories in two days. Its so depressing. I just want to know when I'll be able to stop.
lb123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:26 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 285/ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I can completely relate to what you are going through. The littlest thing can set me off on a weeks binge. Just step back and breathe. I do a lot of self talking. I dont care if people look at me funny either I just tell myself to stop and think-then I breathe several times in my nose and out my mouth and move on. Get your hands busy doing something else. I will be keeping you in my thoughts tonight. I wish you the best. Most importantly-do not beat yourself up about it. Tomorrow is a new day!
leeshalulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:28 PM   #4  

Even if I get back on the wagon and go back to my normal caloric intake tomorrow I'm still going to have that 5000 calories looming over my head. I barely have any time to exercise as it is, let alone take the extra effort to work them off! Not to mention I'm too sick to hit the gym at all! ):

I'm probably going to gain a pound at my weigh in this week instead of lose one. Because of that I'm not even going to weigh in this week because I know seeing that number go up will mess with my head and discourage me.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:31 PM   #5  

thanks leeshalulu! good advice!

i can't beat myself up over this.
if anything it's a new learning experience for me - getting sick does not mean your body needs thousands of extra calories, especially coming from unhealthy food.
whenever i fall off the wagon i try to use it as a learning experience and think through how to avoid making the same mistake again. i haven't been sick since i started in august so now i know!

just gotta look at it in a positive light.
you're right, tomorrow is a new day.

i can't let myself try to compensate by starving myself later either! i used to do that and it didn't get me anywhere.
Old 09-21-2010, 09:42 PM   #6  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

hey- i feel your pain...

i just had a binge- for the first time in a few weeks. it sucks!!! i was doing really well too
i actually find that coming on to the forums helps to re-inspire me and rethink my urges to binge. i read some of the success stories and seeing people like me achieve weightloss helps me get back on track.
hope this helps, and feel better!
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 12:54 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 191/143/128

Height: 5'2"

I SO feel your pain. I've been binging for the last week and 1/2. I'm talking over 5,000 calories daily...not just one day. It's horrific. I feel miserable and constantly sick to my stomach and yet I can't stop.....and that makes me feel worse. I hope I learn to get a better grasp on my relationship with food. This game I'm playing with my body is dangerous and a lose-lose situation.
marielenrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 95/Ticker/70

Height: 170cm

The reality is you have eaten the 5000 calories. there is nothing you can do about that now and punishing yourself isn't going to make the calories disapear (if only it could.. ). Just accept that you have eaten the extra calories, put it behind you and begin a fresh day and start it as a fresh start. Just think about the day you began on your calorie counting. You didnt think then that the day before you had eatn loads of calories. You just said " this is a new begining and I will be eating 1300-1500 calories from now on". Just do the same now. Good luck
mascara blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:56 PM   #9  
Now Loading Healthy ME

S/C/G: 265/262/187

Height: 5'7"

Dude I am so there! I am have been binging for the past three days and I need to get a grip; I need some motivation: off to the success forum to read about people who got their lives in order!
Fit4Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:57 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8"

How'd you do, rrjs? Pull yourself out of it?

I got sick this week, too, I think that had something do to with my binging. Sucks.

Hang tuff!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote