Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-21-2010, 06:09 AM   #16  
BlockHead =)

starting day 3
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:30 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

hi ladies!!! welcome to tues!!! I am earning day 40!!! getting super close to my zipline on day 50 now!!! so i decided to start looking at my next kudos - which is on the anniversary of my divorce, oct 16, so day 64... i am going to ride a horse for the first time (if i can find a place to do it)... i was always scared to ride a horse since i didnt think i could physically get on it and it was cruel to be so friggin huge and ride a horse... so now i am under 180lbs and strong enough to do it so i am going to do it!!

yes, i think my bf pendulum is swinging to "keep" more than "leave" and i am glad i went through this flirting-thing with the 19yr old...taught me a lot about myself and showed me that i was really sad about maybe loosing my bf over it... solidified the idea that i want to be with him and since then i have noticed that he is trying harder too... we'll see! i am optomistic

how is back to school going for those that are students and teachers? is it a hard transition ? does the stress cause you issues? i work for the government so everyday is the 'same' really... i am still dealing with my 'new' job stress and expectations but have resigned myself to the fact that i can only do what i can and that they will have to just deal with it otherwise :P

it is so nice to see so many people on here all the time... i feel like i am really getting to know you all... lets stay strong today!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:35 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Good morning everyone! Completed day NINE of being binge-free yesterday. I'm finding this much easier this time around because I am focusing on eating really filling foods. So I never really feel hungry, and therefore never tempted. And I've been getting a pretty decent calorie deficit on weekdays, at least -- I was at -500 yesterday.

BlueFlower: congrats on hitting the three mark! That's huge!
HappytoBe: yay on 40! I love your idea on setting rewards for yourself. And I really admire you for making those goals activities that take you out of your comfort zone. I am going to make a goal as well, but it's going to be a new pair of cute jeans or something unadventurous like that. hehe.
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

starting day 133!! This weather is making it tough, and I really struggled on Sunday. All I wanted to do was order a ton of pizza delivery, but I didn't. I just want to not have to think about it all the time!

Happytobemom--harmless flirting with a 19 year old is always a postive step!! Congrats on day 40! I also feel like we have a nice little community, getting to know everyone!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 09:39 AM   #20  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning My Friends!!

Working on Day 39 here! I cannot believe that I have gone this long without a massive binge. I am so proud of us all!

Together we can do anything. Let's make today great!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/147/120

Height: 5'5"

Starting on day 2 over here. Hoping to head into the double digits soon like some of you awesome ladies!

Yesterday was kind of tough because having fallen off the wagon so far I've become so used to "Oh, what's the difference, what's a tub of ice cream going to do at this point." Finally though, I got it through my thick husband's skull that he can't be my enabler and I'm going to need him every so often to snap me back into reality. OMG, he was such an awful enabler too. I'd just whine a little bit that I felt like something sweet and off he'd run to Dairy Queen to pick up some goodies (or baddies depending on one's point of view). I finally told him NOT to do that no matter how much I whine and that what I'd really like in response to my whining is a, "Honey, do you really think that's such a good idea. You've been doing so well today." or something firmer should the situation warrant it. Finally, finally, finally yesterday he stepped up to the plate and no ice cream for me!

Today seems to be going well, but it's early and who knows what the day will bring.

Good luck to all!

~PaniAnia~
paniania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:02 PM   #22  

Height: 5'8"

Oh, so sorry to the start overs
Back on the horse

This 'no bing' thing has been huge for me. Guess I needed to put a name to it. Feel pretty dumb about it all.

So at least I'm not gaining, which I totally was when I joined this forum. I got down to 172 a few months ago, then saw 181 on the scale.

Now I've just got to get the rest of the diet in line. We've been super busy with work, travel, and social groups, we're barely shopping day-to-day for groceries Roasted some good chicken last night, so that will help!

Let's get TUESDAY out of the way!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #23  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

great to see the new people, welcome!
everyone lets keep on truckin!

lost count, so checked previous thread. think this is day 16 no binges. really dont think about it much. remind myself i can have more later, or how much w/o i would need to do.
had a weekend of eating foods i dont normally have- biscuits, brownies..but also tried to balance with lots of salsa & beans. no bingeing so thats great! few days later thing i'm back to where i was weight wise. had a pest in the kitchen, assasinated it, and cleaned the kitchen. killed my appetite,so that was good. also didnt have as much anxiety as my last run in with my nemisis ha ha!

wearing my size 14's from years ago. just maybe they fit well enough to wear in public. i think the camel toe is gone? so feels good!
not sure what reward i want. i love the zipline idea. i like the idea of an event. my best idea for reward is getting a real haircut. i've been cutting my own, but i want to get it cut at a salon or beauty school. but this is a big goal reward. love the idea of new fitness dvds or equip. have limited budget.

Last edited by katy trail; 09-21-2010 at 12:19 PM.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #24  

Height: 5'8"

I vote for the haircut! Gotta splurge on a professional cut every now and then, and you know how good it looks/feels afterwards!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 12:21 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 225!

First of all, I want to THANK all of my friends here for the compliments. I couldn't have gotten this far without all of you and this thread. Whenever, I get tempted, I think of all of you.

I'm so proud of all of us here, trying soooo hard to stay in control. We are a team. We can do this together!

PARIS AND PANIARIA, You're both doing a great job!! You asked how I am able to do this? Whenever I crave something and it isn't in my calorie range (1200 -1500), I have to ask myself what is really going on? Am I stressed, bored, lonely, frustrated, have to do a challenging task I don't want to do, am upset about something, etc.? (It took me a long time to figure this out--that it's about emotions.) Then I get out of the area and do something else that will take my mind off of food. Sometimes I have to get out of the house and do something fun.

As long as I'm in my calorie range I allow myself anything. If I'm starving for something, and it's in my calorie range, I can have it. If it doesn't fit in my range, then I don't have it. If I still want something else or I want more after I already had a treat, then something else is definitely going on. My body is saying I'm in pain about something. Help me feel better. I'm telling you this to help you stop and think what's really going on the next time a craving happens when it's not in your calorie range. I want you both to succeed!! I hope this helps.

By the way, PARIS, congrats on day 133!

HAPPY and VIXSIN, congrats to your successes!

CONGRATS to everyone of this thread!

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 09-21-2010 at 04:15 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #26  

Here is an example of what I was talking about in my above post:

I decided to eat my breakfast in front of the tv a few minutes ago. I finished my breakfast and I wanted to keep eating... preferably something sweet. I asked myself "why?" Something I was watching on TV made me angry. I turned off the tv and came here to talk about it. I avoided overeating. I feel so much better now. Thank God for you gals and this thread!

For me, it's all about emotions. That's one of the reasons I want to keep eating.

Good luck to all.

Tyla

Last edited by tyla; 09-21-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:55 PM   #27  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Just thought I'd jump into this challenge. I'm a binge eater too, and I can relate to you gals! Congrats on all the successes thus far. You ladies rock!

I'm on Day 8 of no binges! I have been doing the WW for a week and lost 2.5 pounds. I did not binge during that time. I also emotional overeat when I'm stressed, bored or feeling unloved. It can be a very vicious circle and self-defeating if you let it.

Keep up the good work, ladies!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #28  

Welcome, JoJo! Congrats on your weight loss!

Tyla
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #29  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 13, I ate alot today, but it was my higher calorie day. I got hungry so I ate til I was full, but did not binge.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 05:38 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Completed day TEN of being binge-free yesterday. Yay for double digits!

Welcome, JoJo, and congrats on your great weight loss so far!

tyla, thank you for describing the keys to your success. It's really helpful to hear. I am going to try to ask myself the same questions whenever I feel the urge to binge. It sounds like you have really gotten in touch with your emotions and developed a healthy relationship with food. Congrats -- you give me hope! Question for you, if you don't mind -- do you plan to calorie count for the rest of your life? I am wondering what I will do after I get to maintenance.

paniania: My husband does the same thing with treats! Your strategy of guiding him in what to say is really smart.

Nice job everyone!
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote