Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

It seems we are all so strong this week!!! some just starting out and others triple digits just keep climbing!!! sooo proud of us all

I am earning day 28. I was over calories yesterday as my parents took us all out for dinner after family portraits and i ate dinner plus some mini ice cream cones... no guilt... no binge... didnt have my evening snack just worked on my sons bday party (2 more sleeps!) and then went to bed... still about 300 cal over for the day but in the end i will sweat it off today at the gym!

sooo close to 30 days... see my therapist this afternoon too... going to be a good day have to get groceries tonight but i have vowed to get only what is on the list, especially since there is cake on saturday which i will be enjoying, no point going over calories again today ... !

i write all that above and then nearly cry... why am i so emotional? what is wrong? why i am so sad at my core? i am doing well at work, home, family, bf, gym etc... what the **** is wrong with me at the core that i am so sad??? yup, therapist is going to get an earful today :P

lets all plan our weekends out and make sure the next few days are on plan ! we can do this!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

today is day 70 for me. I really need to get back on the horse of eating on plan though. That's my goal for today. Living in my new apt is lonely but at least i have cable and internet as of last night. Car is in the shop, no way of getting anywhere. No school today so that makes it easy to eat.

Hoping today is a good day for us all.
Happy...you're doing so well. Sorry that you're not sure about bf status. That stuff can be tough. I'm sure you will figure it out.
Maryjaneld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:27 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Starting out on day 121!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #34  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Mom: I just want to squeeze you!!! In a good way though! Don't be sad. You're just dealing with emotions that normally we would all eat away. You're doing a great job of balancing a lot of wonderful things in your life. Sometimes we wait for the "other shoe to drop" but that's just the old stuff creeping back. We are great and still trying to adjust to that sometimes. I FEEL ya on that one! And aren't therapists great?! I love mine. And seriously, how can you be sad when you have REPEATEDLY avoided the cake icing?!?!?!?! You are completely Wonder Woman to me right now with this!! I am not even joking!!!! I wish they had a superhero emoticon, I would totally use it!!!

Fruitlady: For what it's worth, I don't think that was a binge at all. You didn't have any of the craziness. Really great job at stopping when you were full!! We ALL know how hard that can be. I personally think you did great and should look at it as a total victory and not something to be upset about. You should celebrate it! It was an important step on your journey!!

Michelle: I sure hope my hugs come back to me too. It SURE feels like they do!! I am excited for your day 60. You are going to be there in a blink of an eye! You're so consistant on this journey. You're doing so great! Day 31 done!

Hi Paris, MaryJane!!!

Spingirl: Congrats on Day 8! You've made it past a week! Nice work! I am glad that you are starting to feel the differences in your body. Aren't those great discoveries?! Keep up the great work!

Missn: Great job on 2 weeks! It feels good, doesn't it? To know that you have made it this long without a binge. I love that feeling too. Great job. You're really doing the work! Go you!

So for me, I am feeling great!!!!! Today is Day 27. 3 more to go!!!! I am excited to see 30 days. Really excited. Thanks to you guys, I know that I will be able to.

Hope everyone has a binge free day!!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #35  

Height: 5'8"

I am in awe of you folks!

Last night I had a major craving, but only had a handful of raw almonds.

Day 10... I hit double digits!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 213!

VIXSIN and HAPPY, Congrats on almost a month! Remember when you were happy just to make it to day 14!

SHAY, welcome!

MY MICHELLE, thank you for always being supportive and encouraging to all of us. And congrats to you for staying strong!

BLUE FLOWER, congrats on day 10!

Good luck to all of us today.

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #37  

Day 213??
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 176/172/150

Height: 5'6"

Way to go Tyla! 213 is a total inspiration!

Working on day 9 here. Last night was difficult because dinner didn't turn out the way I wanted (which is a major trigger for me) but I held it together and made myself eat what I cooked.
channelthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #39  
Super Single Mom

Tyla, I sure do!!! And now look at us!! I attribute my successes to this thread and the amazing amount of support this site offers. I say it all the time but I really don't know where I would be without this site.

Rock on BlueFlower!!! Congrats to making it to double numbers!! Feels good, doesnt it?? WTG!!
Old 09-09-2010, 03:12 PM   #40  
I can, I will, I do

S/C/G: Goal: 130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone!
So, I didn't workout yesterday and I went to a sandwhich shop for dinner and frozen yogurt for desert. However, I didn't really have a snack in between lunch and dinner and I have been to both places numerous times and know their nutritional values on my "favorites" back to front so no harm done. Tonight shall be a test though. I am having a small dinner party and am making lasagna, french bread and country peach tart. I plan on only having a spinach salad and bread with a small piece of tart..because I decided that I love bread more than lasagna. haha I did ride my bike to the library (where I am now) and I did walk a little over a mile and a half with my boyfriend between the sandwhich and yogurt so I dont think I have been too naughty. Tomorrow is grocery shopping day. I always feel better when this comes around because it's like a fresh start. I get to buy new healthy menu items and recover from whatever mishaps I got myself into the week before. Soo, I think my september goal is very reachable. I keep telling myself this is just a plateau. I have to find a new groove and when I do it will take me to my next little plateau and I will move my way down the scale. I have no intentions of giving up as easily as I did 3 years ago. I could have been a maintainer right now but I was stupid and let 30 little pounds turn into 40.. then 50 and so on. That's in the past though. Sorry for such a rant!

Btw, have any of you faced body perception issues? (I probably spelled that wrong). What I mean is when I was bigger I didn't feel as big as I was.. but now that I am a lot smaller.. I feel huggee and when I weighed myself after my trip I honestly felt like a whale and felt like I looked bigger in the mirror even though I know well enough that it takes more than 3 pounds to physically see a change... Ughh.. If anyone has faced this problem, I could really use some support.
Avezy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:42 PM   #41  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Thanks Chicks, I just don't know why I even tried to get full on junk food, it took me alot of junk to get full both days, i was hungry for that instead of my healthy dinner of course. My calories were 3200 yesterday and 3400 the day before including breakfast & lunch. Then I skipped dinner, cause I was full the rest of the night, no need to add more calories anyway. I ate enough calories to add up for 4 of my normal days, that's why i feel so bad.

Avezy44- After I lost the weight, I still saw myself as overweight when I looked in the mirror. I would check all angles of myself to see if I looked fat. I weighed 105lbs. and still thought I was chubby, I didn't want other people looking at me and thinking I was fat after I went through all that dieting and depriving myself of my favorite foods for 11mo. It took me 6 mo. to finally realize I was thin. I just gained 4.3lbs. of water weight, which happens all the time when I over eat for 2 days, and every time I gain more than 2 lbs. I feel like I got fat again, just overnight. I feel like everyone can see and notice that I gained weight, I get embarrassed by it and I can't wait to lose it. They probably can't tell at all, but since I can feel it and my clothes get uncomfortable cause they feel snug, then it must be seen, I don't know. I can relate w/ you, that's for sure.

I decided to start day 1 today because I really do feel bad for choosing the crappy foods to eat so much of in the first place. I should have just eaten dinner and had a small dessert afterwards. I did use control, I didn't binge til I was stuffed & sick like I used to, I was comfortably full. But I feel I did eat too much of the wrong foods. Day 1 went well(1150calories), I wasn't hungry today at all. All those extra calories were enough to last me through today I guess, hopefully tomorrow too!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

urg.... saw the therapist and she had some amazing points...and now i sit here, having eaten my post-dinner snack and wanting soooo much more to just binge like crazy to push all these emotions back down...i want my zipline though and i want to wear my highschool grad dress as my superhero outfit and if i am up, even one pound, it will not fit.... i will not eat... i will not get up from this chair except to go to bed....i want this...i want this...i want this....

you ladies are soooo amazing at giving support...reading these posts means so much to me....THANK YOU... i will report back with another binge-free day... i will! i promise to you and ME!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:05 AM   #43  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Working on Day 33 today! TGIF everyone! I'm making menu plans today to have a good weekend and guard against the weekend food monster who always rears his head around 8pm on Friday and Saturday nite offering all sorts of crappy choices.

Avezy: I have some of those same issues you described. To the point that sometimes, if I drink too much water and feel a little over-full, I will sear I'm fat as can be! It is bizarre! And also I'm often more sensitive to the way I look *now* than I was 30-odd pounds ago. I think it will just take time for our minds to settle into the new realities and for us to adjust mentally. But it is hard sometimes. I particularly hate being overly self-conscious, I find that completely distressing!

BlueFlower: Congrats on DOUBLE DIGITS, whoo hoo, you are rocking it!

Tyla: Thanks for the kind words and congratulations on your continued amazing success. You have no idea how much we all look to those numbers you post and see hope for ourselves!

Happymum: I know you made it through the tough night, I'm so sorry it was so rough on you! Hang in there, I'm sending you lots of virtual hugs!

Fruitlady:
I do think just plain old overeating is another issue we have to deal with on this journey, and it is just as insidious as binge eating. Just another thing we have to guard against and remind ourselves that we will NOT feel good about our choices the moment we are done.

channel3: Good job fighting off your trigger, today is DAY 10 for you, double-digits!!!

MayJane: Congrats on Day 70, that's fantastic.

Paris: I'm sure you had a smashing Day 121, I'd expect nothing less!

Vix! Day 28 today, you're sooooo close now to Day 30, you're going to do it! It's so exciting!

Last edited by My Michelle; 09-10-2010 at 10:53 AM.
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:25 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 117/113.5/110-112

Height: 5'4

Hi all,

MyMichelle: good luck this weekend! You are so smart to plan it out in advance. It always helps me.

Happy: congrats on beating the binge monster last night!

I completed day NINE of being binge-free yesterday! Honestly, I have this board and you wonderful ladies to thank for that. I was having a rough day, and I wanted to just give up and eat like crazy, but knowing that I would have to come here and report kept me honest. I ended up at 110 calories over my "maintain"," with some over-snacking in the afternoon, but nothing terrible. Calories were at 1650ish, I think.

I find this board so inspiring. It's amazing to see so many people who are actively recovering from this horrible THING that I have been struggling with for as long as I can remember.

Today will be a tad tricky because I am going out clubbing with some girlfriends tonight. But I have a plan and I am determined to stick w/it! I am going to eat a light dinner at home, then drink three rum and diets over the course of the evening. Of course, I realize this is not healthy, but it'll give me at a weight loss for today. Sat will be tricky b/c I am going to a friend's dinner party where I'll have to worry about peer pressure to eat. But I am going to report back tomorrow AM to plan that one out. In the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions for how to deal with peer pressure to eat?
spingirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #45  
Super Single Mom

Happy Friday Everyone!!!!!

Well here I am on Day 28!! I am LOVING it!! So Sunday is Day 30. Boy, do I EVER need to make it through this weekend! I am going to make my plan and I am going to do some shopping tonite. I am going to try a new farmer's market tomorrow and go to my usual one as well. So I think I am lined up to keep things together this weekend. I'll be offline all weekend as usual since I don't have internet at home and I'm doing this at work. But I'll be thinking of you guys all weekend long like I always do!!

Mom: I KNOW you won last night. You are TOO close to zipline. : You rock!

Michelle: Day 33 today! How amazing do you feel?? So accomplished, huh? Look at you go.

Fruitlady: Great, great job on your Day 1!! Those are great numbers and I am sure your body is happy to have some wholesome foods and is thanking you for it.

Spin: Way to be working on Day 10! Double numbers! You will get there! Your plan sounds great. Planning ALWAYS helps me!! For what it's worth, I would grab a bag of baby carrots and some dip and bring it to your friend's dinner party as a snack for all. And then when all the unhealthy choices come around, stick real close to those carrots and dip, that way you can have a bite or two of "this" or "that" but have your main source of snacking be those carrots. I just did this at my friend's bbq over labor day weekend and it felt really good. I felt very in control.

The scale was nice to me this morning too. Down .8 so I'll take it and run. LOL

Hoping all of you have a wonderfully binge free day!!!