Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 06-28-2010, 06:46 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ June 28 - July 4

Hi everyone!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Let's have an awesome week!!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

5 weeks binge-free! Had a very good weekend and I'm feeling proud and strong and capable of making sane choices!

This week kicks off the month from **** though. Every weekend I have some social event where I'm not in charge of the food. Not to mention, week nights in class where food will be brought in as refreshments. Needless to say, I'm going to be surrounded by temptation almost every day. I just hope I can make responsible choices that leave me feeling as content and happy with myself as I am right now!

Hope everyone had a good weekend and I look forward to another binge-free week with everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:31 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Day 3.

I ate too much Sat and Sun but didn't binge.
Friday was AWFUL.

I have been using stress as an excuse....I'm sick of feeling this way. I hope to get back into shape soon, figuratively and literally.
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

I posted this in last weeks thread accidentally--yay for copy and paste!

Now starting day 49. I've been online dating--which helps me to NOT binge surprisingly! The thought of having to go on a date knowing that I binged the day before sounds just miserable--like he'd know that I hated myself because he could tell that I was doing something so horrid to my body. I know it's unrealistic, but I'll take it!

I know that I'm less confident when I binge, and I want to be confident on a date--so I know that I can't binge! Who knew--I thought that the dating would lead to more binging!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

well since i started my diet i havent been making the healthiest of choices.. ive been stressed out about the walmart job ive been waiting for.. but i got a call today while i was at the laundry mat and...... I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!!!!! im so happy!! now i wont have as much free time to get bored and binge and now im just so stress free i feel good ( not proud what i eat this morning though ) ugh.. but hey that doesnt mean i cant make a healthy choice for my next meal!! HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8

Day 24.

Yesterday wasn't the greatest. I fought a lot of different craving during the morning and drove to my parents house in a different area in the Bay to visit. I baked the best oatmeal cookies I think I've ever made in my life and I had about 3 of them (they were pretty small). But the small damage was at a mexican restaurant my girlfriends and I go for their sangrias. I told myself I'd have one, but I ended up having 2 even though they weren't as good as I remember and I had a LOT of chips. I overate, but I definitely didn't binge.

I feel slightly sluggish today, but not as I have in the past when I "overate" and binged.

So, heres to a better day. Going to drink a lot of water, eat mostly fruits/veggies, and go workout later. I have a new guy to feel/look good for I was with him all weekend and the last thing I ever thought about was food.

Good luck today and congrats everyone.
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:11 PM   #7  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Good luck with the dating paris81. I'm doing the online dating thing too and it can be so stressful.

I'm happy to report I'm on day 6. If I can make it through today, I'll have a week. I haven't had a week binge free in a long time.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:20 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 140!

Paris and Motivated Chickie, Best of luck on your online dating.

Good luck to all of us this week!

Tyla
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:24 PM   #9  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Day 7, over ate at the buffet, but it was mostly healthy foods, like salad and fruit. Didn't binge this time!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #10  

Day 1 again. Stressful life events occurred and I have to drag myself out of the not eat/binge at night cycle again. Know I will finish strong today!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 320/185/165-170

Height: 5'5"

i am earning day 7... it has been a while since i've made it past 7. things are slowly improving with my health!!! now that my iud is out i have taken matters into my own hands and am detoxing my liver to hopefully get rid of the excess copper buildup if that is indeed what was causing my issues... my symptoms are worse right now but i think it is 'withdrawal' ... and some of the weight seems to be melting away so i think i am just left with the 6 or 7 lbs of binge weight!!! ya hoo! and my ankle is even starting to heal so i can do my normal work out with my trainer and stationary bike...hopefully spinning is back soon...so in all, i had a pretty bumpy six weeks and have learned a lot about myself and my triggers and am hoping to have it all behind me (but not forgotten) ...

day 7 here i come!!!
happytobeamomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:50 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/202.4

Height: 5 ft

im not counting days just becuasei havent been eating healthy enough.. today i go into orientation for my walmart job, im so tired this week aleady i havent had time to work out because ive been working a week straight at my other job.. this is goin to be a little hard but at least i wont have time to binge right?
nmgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:15 AM   #13  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

nmgirl - Being overtired and stressed is a trigger for my binges. Good luck with the new job. I hope you aren't too hard on yourself.

I have gone a week without a binge. It's been a long time since I have done that. I wanted to binge last night out of habit. I went to the 7-11 and let myself buy a low calorie protein bar. I picked one which was 130 calories, took it home, and ended up not eating it. I have no idea how that happened, but I'm happy about it.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 11:05 AM   #14  

Height: 5'8

Day 25.
I didn't over eat yestesrday and didnt eat anything bad, except a handful of my roommates Doritos (which I normally pass up without thinking about it). I had dinner early and spent an hour contemplating whether I wanted to go running or not, kind of talking myself out of it. I got dressed, put on my running shoes and headed out for the road thinking that I'd just want to just to the end of the block and walk my usual 3 miles route....NOPE that didn't happen. I ended up running like a machine and did 5.5 miles like it was a breeze.

I wont make my body run that again for a few days, but lets just say I am not too worried about my 10k on the 25th of July!

Good luck today and congrats everyone!
tater tash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 01:30 PM   #15  

Day 2 today. I am doing well!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote