Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2002, 11:50 PM   #1  

Default My quiz...

I figured out how to tell if you have an obsession with food. It's a quiz.

If you just ate a big meal and was full to the uncomfortable feeling, would you accept the dessert anyway?

If you said no, you don't have an obsesssion. If you said yes *hand raising up*, you have a problem.

Heidi
(I'd eat two desserts if it was offered. And groan all night long.)
Old 10-01-2002, 12:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 218/207/155

Height: 5'7"

Default I hate to admit it......

But yes I would accept the dessert also. But even before that I would finish every last thing on my plate although I was feeling full 1/2 way through.

I'm over here raising both of my hands and my feet because that sooooo applies to me.

~T
Old 10-03-2002, 01:59 AM   #3  

yup. been there done that. i am constantly not able to stop eating even though i know i was full half way through the meal! how do you change that??
Old 10-08-2002, 11:43 PM   #4  

It's more of a problem than an obsession. Even if you consider getting the dessert, it's a problem.

But you can all overcome this way of thinking.

CD
Old 10-09-2002, 11:53 PM   #5  

CreativeDame,

This way of thinking is my way of life. It's a part of me, and nothing I have tried has stopped it. There is no on/off switch where I can just stop wanting to eat all the wrong foods. I crave it day and night, till I just have to have it. Deep down in my gut I feel it. I would give anything to stop this, just tell me how? Yes, I have a problem, just like alcoholics have a problem. If I had the time and money, I would seek professional help. As a full time teacher, a mother of two small children and a husband who wants my attentions too, my life is very full. I eat for stress release and comfort. If I took it away, I know I will be a ball of nerves. I know because I've tried. I walk every night and this helps, but I can't stop wanting to eat comfort foods. I just can't stop.
Old 10-10-2002, 06:16 PM   #6  

Heidi,

I understand what you are saying. I have suffered with the same thing. Not to say I'll never do it again...but I don't plan to. Never, ever accept that it's "just apart of me and I can't stop". Please don't....you will find a way. Just keep trying!

The day it hit me, I felt so bad and disgusting that I tried to make myself throw the stuff up by shoving my toothbrush down my throat...it hurt and it wasn't working and I felt like even more of a failure for not being able to make myself get rid of it.

Next morning, I was at a Weight Watchers meeting.

CD
Old 10-10-2002, 10:37 PM   #7  

I am so tired of thinking about my weight. How I look, and what others are thinking about me. I'm only slightly chunky (160 llbs, 5'4") but to me, I look and feel gross. Nobody else in my family is overweight now, just me, and Christmas is coming. They are all going to be looking at me and wondering how I let myself get this way. "She must be a pig or something."

It makes me so mad at myself when I KNOW I shouldn't eat so much, yet there I am, at the fridge. In time, I'm only going to get fatter and fatter. I love food. It's all I have to look forward to. That quick high. Is this what it's like to be on drugs? It sure feels like it at times, like I'm addicted to food, not drugs. Same effect, though. I'm hurting my body by eating so many calories and junk food. I know I have a problem when I see other people able to eat small amounts and I'm there stuffing my face with no intentions of stopping until that plate is completely slicked clean. Why? How do I stop? How can I convince myself that there will be other meals? I will eat tomorrow, food will be made available. And there is plenty of it. I know.

Heidi
Closed Thread