Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 160/150/120

Height: 5'0"

Default Back to work, afraid of not being able to stick with it

So I'm back to work tomorrow. I've been laid off for a few weeks and during that time I've been able to go to the gym almost daily and being in much better control of what I eat. I am an electrician and construction work can be very demanding physically. Last time I was employed I would get home and be too tired to exercise and I'd feel like I wanted to eat everything around! I would be hungry and want a snack, but then not be able to stop myself. Sure some people would say that since I have a physical job that I can be more lenient about what I eat, but my metabolism and family history of obesity say otherwise. I need some help and ideas about things I can do to keep this momentum up. I have lost 6 pounds in the 3 weeks I've been off work. I cannot be fat anymore. I know I need to lose the weight and be more healthy. Please, any suggestions are very welcome.
KathyWathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 282/282/145

Height: 5' 5''

As you'll see from my ticker; I'm not one to talk, but I'm going to anyway. The thing I remember from my past weight loss days is that it's best to do one of two things; either exercise before work or after work, but before you sit down. If not, it probably won't happen. If exercising after work, you could take a small snack to hold you off until dinner. Maybe you could go right to the gym from work. At first, you may only stay 10 minutes, but you could work up your resistence. Try that and see how it works. Good luck!
ThinkinThin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

The after work/dinner hour was a killer for me. This is when I would typically get take-out because I didn't know what to do for dinner or I was too hungry to take the time and make something.

One thing that's worked very well for me is to create my own frozen dinners. I bought some of the sealed glass Pyrex dishes and on Sunday I bake a load of chicken with different low salt and low fat marinades. I divide the chicken into the containers with some rice and already frozen veggies.

When I get home I don't have to think about what to have. I just grab a meal and microwave. It's been a life saver because my urge to binge drops dramatically when I know that I'm eating a healthy dinner.

Hope it helps.
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote