Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 11:38 PM   #1  
Simple is Good!

S/C/G: 345/323.6/299

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up I give up on humanity!

Ugh...today has just been a terrible day.

I need a job- like last week. I am so much in debt (credit cards, school, etc). Twice this month I have been over $400 in the hole in my checking account. I have been looking so hard for a job for over two months. I admit that doesn't sound like much....but it feels like it!!!!!!!!!

So, I get a call for an interview this morning.

Basically, it was a practice interview for them. She basically told me that they were just seeing who was applying, and that they may take awhile to decide on anyone.

I was not qualified for this job. I applied because I had the qualifications in the job listing, but after hearing the job description today, I know that I'm not qualified.

And I feel like they're playing with me. Like HA! We know you're looking...here's a carrot. Oh wait- you WANT IT? Nevermind!

IT WAS JUST A HUGE WASTE OF TIME.

My self esteem is nill right now. I've been trying to head of binges, but I've not been doing so well. I came home from the interview from **** and ate 4 pieces of pizza and about 15 PB/Choco chip cookies. I was then calmed down enough to go swimming. But even that didn't help.

I'm so tired of all of this! I NEED A JOB!

It's not nice to play people like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And then- on a side note- I talked to my mom tonight who started yelling at me because of a huge misunderstanding. Now I really feel lower than dirt.)
Old 08-27-2002, 12:44 AM   #2  
Domestic Goddess

Default Take Care of Yourself First

Some days are diamons, some days are crap. Its terrible when you have a bad day, and usually it colours everything else that happens to you in a bad way too.

My hubby has headed overseas for work and has visited 5 countries in 5 weeks. I however have visited three children by myself for 5 weeks....after hearing both of us whinge about how much we hated being where we were, here is a list of what I now know about people.

1. Awful people are everywhere, in every country. Especially the ones that are self centred and self absorbed. They need to be shoved on an island somewhere where they can just be awful to eachother.

2. Lard is not a food group.

3. Children are hard work but give great hugs.

4. Hotel laundry is like a lucky dip, you never know who's underpants you'll get until you open the bag.

5. I am lucky if one person cares I feel dreadful.

6. I am doubly lucky if I have a girlfriend with a kettle who will make me a coffee and listen to me whine.

7. I love my husband, no matter where he is.

8. In control of my eating helps me to feel in control of my life. Potato crisps will make my waisline expand, they won't fix anything!

Take good care of youself, you now have at least one person who cares you had a terrible day, and that puts you ahead of the game!

Belle
Old 09-01-2002, 11:36 AM   #3  

Freedomand Light,

Sorry to hear that they did you that way. Companies are sometimes like that. You wouldn't believe some of the tails I could tell you....

Hang in there, sweetie. If you still have your tapes for SMART, listen to them. I think the 3rd week tapes might help you.

I appreciate you talking to me about them. They have helped me so much in understanding my relationship with food and I find them very relaxing. Don't know if they will continue to help me but they certainly are for now.

Hang in there, FreedomandLight.
Closed Thread