Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 84.7 kg/66.5kg/66.5kg

Height: 5'6''

i have cut out all the white stuff and sugar!

sugar can be everywhere and under many names (i.e.high fructose corn syrup). they even put it in baked beans in tomato sauce tins!

but i have found really helpful: wholewheat pitta bread, brown rice, wholewheat pasta, melba toast, muesli

i also eat potatos: only boiled or baked, never fried.

following those rules really helped me.
grrrkgrrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:15 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly21 View Post
Does anyone here avoid both flour and sugar? I was browsing books at B&N the other day about overeating and two books suggested this. I am having trouble finding anything that will help me avoid binging, I am dying for something that works!! I'm hoping that maybe this will help control cravings and binges-has anyone else had success doing this? Thanks!!
I have found that cutting out sugar, all flours, and grains has helped me to keep my hunger at bay and be in control of my eating. Of course, with emotional binge eating, I could probably overeat on any type of food. But, I found that day to day, avoiding the above foods helps me to be able to be in more control of my eating.

Some people are able to eat whole grains (brown rice, steel cut oats) and not have the overeating or bingeing problem. For me, though I love oatmeal, I could probably binge on it as well.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #18  

Height: 5'8"

I just started a few weeks ago cutting out white sugar and flour. Of course I've had a few slip ups, but other than that, I've been doing great.

Aside from the bit of weight loss so far, my moods have pretty much stabilized. I'm calmer, more centered, sleeping better, and I stay full much longer on loads of veggies and brown rice or other whole grains. This has been a huge benefit for me. And thinking back, now, I haven't been craving any bread or potatoes, at all. I forgot I used to pine for those.

I also didn't realize how much of an effect sugar had on me until I completely cut it out. Now, if I eat even some, I'm cranky and desperate for more junk a few hours later.

I think you'll be floored by the difference after getting rid of those foods - they keep you on a crazy cycle that doesn't end unless you quit eating them. Go for it! Just be prepared for a few days of serious irritability at first!
missgordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 04:10 AM   #19  
very small boned

S/C/G: 110/107/104

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitlady View Post
I will eat nothing that is white, it did help me lose the weight and i was never hungry between meals, but when I tried to maintain my weight I began binging anyway. I binge on healthy whole foods, nothing white,you still gain weight and you do still crave your favorites. So It might work for a while, but not forever.
I have found that natural sugars (including fructose in fruits) can cause cravings.
girl81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:00 PM   #20  
Rif

S/C/G: 340/148/145

Height: 5'9"

I cut out all grains, legumes, most dairy and sugar (other than that found in 1-2 pieces of fruit a day, vegetables and a bit of dark chocolate). I eat about 100 - 125 g carbs a day (from vegetables, fruit, nuts and a little dairy in the form of butter or greek yogurt), and bingo -- no more binges. I don't feel at all deprived, in fact, I feel freed.

I'd recommend trying it for a day and see what you think. If it works, try it for a week. If that works....
Rif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:08 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 318/312/210

Talking

I think that everyone's body is different----some people have problems with the simple carbs, but do okay on the complex carbs.

For me, I feel the best when I cut out all of the flours and sugar (except for that in fruit or milk), and all of the rices and pastas and yes, even beans. That is just me, though. But it does help to make me feel better, keep my hunger at bay, and it helps me in my weight loss.

I am soooo happy because I thought I wouldn't be able to cut out sugar from my diet. And something switched inside of me, and I was able to actively start using the tools that I know---cutting out sugar, using splenda, drink diet sodas when I choose to drink soda, not buying fruit juice, etc.

I feel like dancing because something outside of myself is helping me to do this. I started very recently, and used less and less sugar in my coffee, got back into the rhythm of writing down everything I eat, and I feel like these are the tools that helped me to lose weight before. I am so desperate to get below 300lbs....I can't even explain how eager I am for that. I am hoping I can do that before the summer.
milliondollarbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 12:58 AM   #22  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 300/235/190

Height: 5'7

Im considering doing away with whole wheat tortillas and muffins and that sort. I had weight-watchers brand ones and I can binge on them. I can binge on almost anything and everything.

For sugar, I think I need to make more of a ZERO tolerance policy. I went 17 days without one bit of processed sugar...thats the most I've ever done...and it was grueling. I used a lot honey though. It helped but its not that great to be living off of honey either!
TempleBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 240/140

Height: 5"6

Great suggestions here! I am doing much better in the ways of cutting out sweets and sugar, to me they are like a DRUG. one thing that I have been doing is using Honey in my tea (which I drink daily) instead of sugar--I particularly love drinking chai tea, black tea and earl grey with sugar and half and half/cream, now I am drinking teas w/a little honey and skim milk. Buy cutting out sugar and heavy cream/milk and using honey/skim I am actually able to TASTE THE TRUE FLAVORS of chai/black/earl grey teas. I also drink those teas when I am hankering for something sweet too :P
SpicySiren is offline   Reply With Quote