Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:22 PM   #1  

Default ..

Last edited by lovecats87; 11-13-2010 at 11:15 AM.
lovecats87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:29 PM   #2  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Heya!

Awww sweetie, I feel for you, I really do, the positioning of where you live is especially unfortunate. I used to be the same with cheese, especially brie and camembert, chedder and port salut etc etc, I just ate bit after bit telling myself that I wasnt addicted. I probably was, because I could never stop at just one bit. So I went cold turkey; now I haven't had cheese in a month, and I'm not even tempted.
If I were you, I would stop buying it, and don't bring it into your home anyway, if it's there, clearly you're going to eat it. Cold turkey doesn't work for everyone, but if you take it a day at a time, hopefully it'll help you
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecats87 View Post
hey thanks for replying back, means alot

How did you deal with the daily, constant urges? I know it will be very easy after 30 days (thats what all "addicts" say) but until those very longggg 30 days pass by, how do i deal?

thanks!
Try distracting yourself when those urges hit. Think of all of the reasons you want to lose weight. Remind yourself that you will not die by not eating the chocolate.

Also, the urges will get much easier to deal with as time goes on.

You CAN do this!
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #4  

A craving will pass after 15 minutes is you don't give in and get busy on something else.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 04:43 AM   #5  
Short dresses here I come

S/C/G: 157/122/130

Height: 5ft6

Like Cali doll said~ reminding yourself why you want to lose weight helps alot. It's really tough at first, so you really need to want it and be stubborn with yourself~ but honestly, when you get a rush of achievement each day, it really does motivate you to go on. If you have a really bad craving, try having a bath, or phoning a friend, something to distract you. And if the craving is still there afterwards, try and substitude chocolate for something else It's all down to willpower at the end of the day- but don't forget that you have a huuuuge forum right here for support!
VeeDeValentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 290/210/180

Height: 5' 7"

When the craving hits, you could try drinking a cup of coffee with 1/4tsp baking cocoa, artificial sweetener and 4tsp of creamer in it. This has helped me not binge or totally blow my eating plan more times than I can count. It's only 42 calories, versus 100's in candy, cake and all the other stuff I could eat.
NebraskaLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5" and 48 years old

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I totally understand, because for the longest time, I was a carb addict. Not chocolate in particular, but any high-glycemic carbs like pop-tarts, toast with jam, french fries, etc.

I tried to limit myself. Didn't work, I couldn't stop myself from stuffing myself on those things and making those things 99% of my daily diet.

I tried just starving myself. Not eating anything. Didn't work for long, I got too hungry and would eat.

Now I'm trying Atkins. Atkins isn't for everyone, admittedly, but it's the first thing I've tried that makes my overwhelming cravings for high-glycemic carbs completely go away. I honestly feel almost revulsion now when I look at that stuff, or cook fried potatoes for my husband. It feels like a real miracle for me.

This is the first time in my life I've felt in control and hopeful about my future. I also feel a million times better in terms of energy and mood. I do hope to lose weight over time, but even if i don't, I'm going to continue to eat like this the rest of my life because it's the only thing I've found that has freed me from my overwhelming desire for those carbs.

I don't know if what I did will work for you. I have no idea, every person is different. Just sharing my story and saying, I do understand, and I feel bad that you have suffered like this because I know how awful it is.

BTW, it didn't take 30 days for my particular cravings go away. It took about one week, in my case. Don't know how it works for other people, but that's how it worked for me, don't know why.

Wishing you the best of luck and a happier, healthier you!
HealthierLori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 02:27 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/152/120

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry you're going through a painful struggle!!! But overcoming struggle builds character, I think. =)

Everyone's had good ideas. *I* personally think it's best to go cold turkey. On the first week of my "diet", I cut out positively all junk food. It was a jolt to my system. I've slowly let it back in, but in portions I can control. I prefer to eat healthier foods now anyways.

I liked the coffee idea... A lot of times, coffee, tea, or even Diet Coke helps me overcome a craving. I don't know where you're from, but I've seen chocolate flavored tea here. I've also had chocolate flavored coffee (not coffee drinks, but just flavored beans that you brew yourself).

Whatever you do, just keep reminding yourself of why you set this goal for yourself. And stop back here frequently, this place has saved me from many a binge. =)
Lizzie2010 is offline   Reply With Quote