Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-13-2010, 09:38 AM   #16  
Kristen Denece

S/C/G: 196/196/140

Height: 5'4

congrats on the victory of not going back! it really is a victory when you can stop yourself!.. last night, pizza + me I ended up eating 3 pieces at midnight and it was only day 2 :-( I cant believe how terrible i feel thismorning sooo terrible keep starting to cry jeez.. no more pizza in the house my mom made it last night I tried to get all the boys to eat it before they left I tried to say no and i knew eating it would make me feel like crap and I did it anyway what the **** kind of mentality is that?! You know something is bad for you and you do it anyway?! Well theres no pizza left and its a new day so im on the wagon again.... going to do a busting butt workout to try and offset it :-) thanks for letting me vent!!!
KristenFlynn3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

Yesterday did NOT turn out the way it was supposed to, so I am counting today as day 1 again.
To make a long story short, after eating and then adding extra exercise to compensate, my "overage" was 140 cal for the day. So I know that's not bad, but I did engage in mindless eating yet again.

(My will power was NOTHING compared to fresh, hot blueberry muffins).
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #18  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default going well

I am with you friends. I am ramping up my exercise (finally) and find it makes me very hungry. so I have to plan meals/snacks for after exercise. good luck in continuing binge free
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Day 66--Feeling tired, and I just wish I had a normal relationship with food. I think I'll always struggle with it, and it's so frustrating, it makes me feel so helpless! I guess today is just a bad day. I want to eat a house and then sleep for a week! But no, I have responsibilites, and I want to make it to day 67--so no sleeping for a week, and no eating a house. Just a normal dinner and a normal 8 hours...I guess I'm lucky, a lot of people don't get normal dinners or 8 hours of sleep.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #20  

Height: 5'9

Default Binge, but no guilt cycle?

Well, I just binged I had some cookie dough in the fridge that I was unable to finish because I had no eggs. And when my husband left to take a shower...the urge was irresistible.

But...

Normally, when I start binging, I go through a cycle: binge, feel bad/hopeless, binge again, feel bad/hopeless again, etc. I can honestly say I don't have that now.

This was my first big binge in two weeks. That's pretty good, for me. And I've been keeping up on my exercise like I wanted to.

I fell down, but I'm not going to let it ruin my good feelings, and I won't let it ruin the good work I'm doing!
OneStepAtATime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 204/195/148

Height: 5'5

DAY 1

Yesterday I binged twice and it was at my cousin's house and I ate some food and I had the urge to eat alot and my sister saw me and said "oh you already messing up your diet might as well eat more and start again tommorow" wow she shouldn't have said that. Then I cam home and went to bed and she came in the room and played some loud music so it made me wake up then I went down stairs aggravated that she woke me and I tried to watch a movie but it would not work so I raid the kitchen and found some food sitting outside I grabbed it and started munching and munching.....GEEZ! NO more bingeing! I feel like it is sabotaging my efforts to lose weight its like i workout for no reason only to eat more and more and the calories in will always be more then what i put out.
cheerios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:20 PM   #22  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm on day 10 and feeling great!

Hi to everyone.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #23  

I did ok last night, I ate within my target. I was supposed to work out; I had an awful headache, so I went to bed early & worked out this morning (today was supposed to be an off day as far as exercise, due to plans this PM, so I think it evened out).

We are going to the movies tonight so THAT will be challenging! I can’t NOT munch there, so I am having a lite dinner and bringing my OWN popcorn.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:29 AM   #24  
Mrs. Brady

S/C/G: 283/259/180

Height: 5'6"

I've not been bingeing, but then I'm a little more on the starving end right now, and I've got this intense craving for chocolate. I plan to ward off the binge by not starving myself to the point of bingeing. I'm hungry now, so I'm going to eat something healthy. After that, if I still want chocolate, I'll have a cup of sugar free hot cocoa.
LovebirdsFlying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #25  

Hi everyone,

I'm on day 68 now. I got this box of amazing European chocolates as a gift yesterday, and it was really hard not to eat them all. I had three, and not all at once! Such a victory. I know that if I weren't so far along in binge-free days, it wouldn't have been worth it to me to resist--I really didn't want to have to start over with Day 1--that's pretty good motivation!
Old 01-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #26  

Ok, back to day 1 for me.
Went to movies yesterday as I had mentioned.

In the end: Ate 514 cal over my max allowed range for the day. UGH!

I recorded everything, but didn’t actually 'tally the damage’ until today. It felt worse than that, b/c almost half my cal from yesterday came from junk!! AND I ate 441 cal when I got home from the movies, and I wasn’t supposed to eat ANYTHING AFTER!

In preparation for this, I head eaten a small lunch and dinner just so I could ‘splurge’’ while watching the movie: thank goodness I guess, or my overage would have been worse.

The good news is, I can make up for 514 cal if I am “good” this weekend.

SIGH.

I don’t know where my willpower is these days.
Old 01-16-2010, 07:02 PM   #27  

Day 2 today, but it would have been day 1 again had Dairy Queen not been closed:

Yesterday: I told myself I had to do well, to make up for the bad day before. I did GREAT at work. However, my resolve started to wane once home. . . Hubby was on his last day of fat loading (in prep for this extreme diet) and was going to go to Dairy Queen. That would have been rough for me to say no to: thankfully they were closed for repairs!!

So instead he went do Dunkin Donuts and got a donut, I was ok refusing anything there b/c it was late and I figured all the donuts were stale anyway.

Today, so far so good: I ate too much for my afternoon snack, but not bad enough to wreck anything. Dinner: had broc and cheese, mixed in 1/2 serving of Barilla Plus pasta.

Exercise: burned 290 cal.

It's still relatively early but hopefully I don't ruin it later! I have a planned tiny dessert of diet hot chocolate and a few Reese's Pieces (10 g worth).
Old 01-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #28  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi Chicks, Been so busy lately. I miss being here reading all the posts. I'm on day 4 binge free, but i still can't stop binging for longer than a week. I used to binge because i was content and happy, so i just loved and enjoyed every bite and found it relaxing.( I have more of an appetite when I am happy) Now i have my elderly mother living with me. She drives me nuts and it's so much work taking care of her, so i binge very fast to calm my nerves cause i don't have much time! I can't win!! Luckily I only gain about 2 lbs. and lose it right away (water weight) cause I never sit and i make sure I binge on foods that are low in sodium! It seems that for every stage you go through in life, there is a different reason for binging. Does anyone else find this to be true?

Last edited by fruitlady; 01-16-2010 at 09:54 PM.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #29  

Day 70! I'm glad I made it to this day. Semester starts on Tuesday, which means my stress levels will go up...Just want to make it through the first week.
Old 01-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #30  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm on day 13. This is as far as I've ever made it!

Fruitlady -- I'm not sure about different stages of life, but I do find I have different reasons for binging (or wanting to binge) depending on the day. Sometimes it's anxiety, sometimes boredom, sometimes it's just that a certain food sounds so tasty...
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote