Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:01 AM   #1  

Default I'm feeling hopeful

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to pop in and tell everyone that I am really feeling hopeful about my weight loss this time. I have been bulimic, binge, all sorts of bad kinds of eating my whole life. I have hurt my body with every kind of diet pill, laxative, starvation, any thing to lose weight. In 1995 I had gastric bypass surgery. I quit the physical bulimia but it was constantly on my mind. I never got down to the weight I should have and am now creeping back up again. this morning I weighed in at 193.5. I've gained about 20lbs in the past 5 months. Anyway, I have been following lots of tips and advice on this board and for once in my life i"m going to do this the right way. My plan is to consume no less than 1000 and no more than 1400 calories a day. I want to allow myself to eat normal foods and not freak out and blow my whole day over a bite of cake. I'm going to excercise at least 5 days a week and JOURNAL and keep track of my food intake. I will also try to be my own best friend instead of my worst enemy. I'm so tired of the emotional pain I am in most of the time. I know how happy I feel when I am thinner and healthier. For the life of me I can't figure out why I sabatoge myself so bad. I'm not going to a therepist as I hae tried that several times before. They don't know anymore than I do about my issues. I just need to learn to love myself and know that I am worth it.
Thanks for listening,
Gwen
justbeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 09:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 248.8/232.2/135

Height: 5'8"

Gwen--you have the right attitude. You are worth the effort it takes to live a healthier, happier life. I wish you all the best on your weight loss journey!

Cheers,

J
LotusMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:16 AM   #3  

Keep up that attitude and you'll reach your goal.

Don't give up when the going gets tough. The toughest steel must go through the hottest furnace.

Good luck!
SilverShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:31 AM   #4  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

That's so wonderful to hear!!!! Yes...it takes a great deal of time, effort and mostly, consistency....but it's SO worth it! Every day, try to think back on all that you have done that was positive. Sometimes, the scale won't move as quickly or as reliably as one might think, but just keep up with it and you'll get there!!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:26 PM   #5  
Carpe diem

S/C/G: 105/78.9/65

Height: 5'5.5"

Gwen- I love your attitude. Major round of applause!!!

I do have one concern-- the amount of calories you're eating. Not less than 1000, but no more than 1400 PLUS exercising 5 days a week. Depending on how much/how hard you exercise, you may find your calorie intake too low at 1000 and just right at 1400. I do at least 14 hours of cardio a week (that includes all my martial arts classes and going to the gym for an hour, plus soccer on Fridays) and 1400 is at the extreme LOW end for me to function.

Tip: If you find yourself stuck on one weight after a couple of weeks, up the calories by 100 per day until you start losing again.

Why? Your body needs fuel (food); if it doesn't get any, it'll keep the calories you've been eating "in storage" to use when you're exercising.

But seriously, I applaud you and I'm stealing your post as an inspiration for me to do better. Thank you.
Mollz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:05 AM   #6  

Thanks Mollie,

I guess the reason I'm wanting to do the no less than 1000 is because I did very well when I was on the Medifast program. I am not going to go the liquid diet route though. That is just another fad in my opinion and I gained weight back as soon as I went off the program. I want to eat REAL food and learn to keep my weight under control using REAL food. I am also not spending one more dime on special diet foods. I do plan on using substitutions such as egg beaters and will also use some high protein snacks but that's it. It's veggies, fruits and good proteins for me from now on. I will definately follow your advice. It's a shame that I am 47 and I don't know how to be healthy using good foods or know how many calories I truly need.
Thanks!
Gwen
justbeu is offline   Reply With Quote