Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free Challenge ~ Nov. 23 - 29

Good Monday morning, chickies! It's Thanksgiving week here in the US. Let's all try to get through this food-centric holiday without bingeing. All are welcome!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Thanksgiving week! AHH! Not too worried about the bingeing for myself this week--public eating for me never leads to binges (except if I don't eat what I want in public, then I come home and go nutso--this is what I used to do.) Plus, I'm going home to my parents, so it won't be as easy to binge alone (I just have to make sure not to stay up too late past the time they go to bed!)

It will be a week of eating though (out for a birthday dinner Wed, Thanksgiving Thursday, out for dinner with friends Friday, out for another birthday dinner Sat) so I will need to watch it if I want to lose anything. I feel for this week, I'll be happy if I can maintain. I think I'm starting to get the TOM too, so that won't help with the weigh-in!

I'm on day 15--two weeks! I almost caved yesterday, but pulled myself back.
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 222/196/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm in. This year I'm going to enjoy Thanksgiving, without over doing it. I can have a little taste of everything... I just don't need a heaping plateful (or 2 or 3!). My family celebrates at another family member's house so I don't have to worry about leftovers. I just came off a weekend binge and a feel yucky (went drinking Friday and got the post-drinking munchies and well... it went downhill from there).
initfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 275H/148/165ish

Height: 5'10-5'11

After 21 days of binge free eating... I fell off the wagon this weekend.

Today is day 1 for me. But, my binge did reinforce to me how horrible I feel after eating a lot of JUNK! I was physically ill this AM in boot camp. So, this last binge was not without a lesson. I am glad to be back on program today!
ladyrider72472 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #5  

Day 8 for me!!!!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:41 PM   #6  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Working on Day 17 today. This weekend was tough but I made good choices for the most part and did not binge, even though we had chocolate cake for dessert on Friday night. I only had a small sliver, btw, and it gave me a headache so I didn't eat an actual piece. That was good training for the dessert table on Thanksgiving. Just because it looks good, doesn't mean it will make me feel good afterwards. And really, that's the whole point of food--to nourish our bodies and make us feel good enough to go about our daily activities.

I'm going to do my best to stay mindful of my eating this week since there will be temptations. I really want to be in the 150's by Thanksgiving (or sooner). I am very close at the moment.

It's a new day and the beginning of a new week, so now is as good a time as any for the people who fell off the wagon to get back on. Good luck to everybody on Day 1.

to all who are keeping themselves binge-free.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #7  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Well, I got through day three binge free. Doing good so far and losing the weight I gained from the last binge. Thanksgiving should be easy to control for me this year. Last year was good too, I didn't gain any weight at all. We go to my inlaws, who eat alot healthier than my relatives because of high cholesterol and diabetes that runs in their side of the family. But they still cook kind of fattening just for holidays. I wonder if they would be offended if i took my own veggies and fruit (w/ no crap added to it) I'm seriousy thinking about it! Good luck chicks!
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #8  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi all,

I need some intervention....tomorrow is day 1. Stress and my job is not helping but I need to learn how to cope. If I stay clean all week I get a manicure on Sunday!!!

I do good for a week, fall off and regain everything I lost, I've been on this cycle for 8 months!!! I want to fix it and get better!!!
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:01 AM   #9  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

I'm through day 3 and not tempted to binge at all. I'm not even that worried about Thanksgiving. I might be speaking too soon, but I'm already visualizing myself just having small tastes of things rather than filling my plate a million times. I just like the "feeling healthy and thinner" feeling that non-binging creates too much to want to blow it.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #10  
Maintainer since 8/15/09

S/C/G: 173/118.6/110-115lbs.

Height: 5'3

Hi chicks! I'm on day 4 binge free, so far so good. I'm weighed myself this morning and I was shocked by the amount of weight I lost in 4 days! I lost 4 lbs! I'm back down to where I want to be now. I think I have found the trick to quick weight loss after a binge. I would be happy to share it with you if anyone is interested. Just let me know.
fruitlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #11  

Yesterday and the day before were sooooo hard for me! I really wanted to stuff my face. I'm feeling so stressed out, I have so much work to do, and none of it is going to get done over Thanksgiving. So I get to the point where I have so much work that I feel like there's no way I can get it all done so why do any, and it's terribly difficult to do anything at all. And that usually leads me to a binge. But yesterday, I didn't give in, and it was really really hard.

So now I'm on day 16!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:27 PM   #12  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Day 18 today. Had a bit of temptation to binge yesterday but decided against it. Eating copious amounts of food in one sitting doesn't solve anything and it certainly doesn't help me lose weight. I busied myself w/ work and chores instead.

I am feeling really depressed today b/c my beautiful 8 yo chocolate lab Zena (my puppy's mother) has mammary cancer and has taken a turn for the worse today. She is limping on her front leg and is just lethargic in general. I have to call her vet in a bit and possibly will have to bring her in to be looked at. We adopted her a little over a month ago when we found out that she has had mammary cancer since May/June and not only was not given any medical attention but made to be in the backyard all day in 110-115 degree weather while her owner was at work. Her tumor was huge when we got her and it has stayed about the same size since then. I couldn't believe that her owner did not bring her in to a vet earlier. I am sad and angry right now. I guess I just need a lot of prayers for her to live out the rest of her life, however long that may be, as happily and pain-free as possible.

Sorry to be a downer today. Hope everybody keeps today binge free.
EsperanzaBella82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:59 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hi Everyone,

This is my first binge free challenge, I'm on Day 2 I have a lot of trouble when I'm at my parents place (full of trigger foods AND really stressful). I'm going there tomorrow so I hope I can be strong.

Good luck with Thanksgiving everyone..I live in Canada so my is already past. I'll think happy thoughts for you
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #14  
Trying Hard!

S/C/G: 207/183/158

Height: 5' 9

Default I hope I can be somewhat "responsible" this week.

Holidays usually throw me over the cliff. I od on food and wine. I hope I can get thru the next few days without the horrible feeling of guilt afterwards.
aliciabadeusz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 10:21 AM   #15  

Day 17 here!

I'm starting to get nervous about the weekend. I'm not worried about all out bingeing, because there won't be the oppurtunity. But I may not have access to 3FC! I'm leaving for my parents soon, and I don't want to go on 3FC using their computers because I don't involve others in my efforts, and if they see it in their histories or something (I don't know how the computer thing works) it would make me REALLY uncomfortable. Hopefully I'll be able to connect my laptop to their internet, but there always seems to be problems with that, my dad never knows the password, etc. Super complicated, he gets stressed, etc.

And besides, I'll be busy a lot. So who knows. I guess I'll just have to see how it goes, and focus on only eating when I'm hungry, and stopping when I'm physically satisfied (not emotionally satisfied!).

Good luck to everyone!