Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'8''

Well there goes my 7 day stretch guys :-( Lots of bad food and candy was left at work and guess who's been eating it nonstop all night? Me :-( God I feel like crap...

D
duqserb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:55 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I'm sorry you're having a rough night duqserb . Stay strong and try to remember your goals.. you can get through this!
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:04 AM   #18  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

aww duqserb ... I'm sorry you're not feeling well... just remember that ALL of us slip up, that 7 days is AWESOME, and that tomorrow is a fresh day. I also want to apologize, I've read that q as a g this whole time! eek

Today I made the conscious choice to "binge" on carrots instead of pizza. I'm not gonna call eating a lot of carrots as a binge, though, because they're good for me! I even ate them without any dip! I made a lot of good choices today so it's on to day 2 for me.

Last edited by Skyra; 10-27-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 182/157/130

Height: 5'5.5

Duqserb, it's just one bad night of eating. Just make sure you jump back on track today. That's a really important part. You can't change the past, but you can change the future! You can do it! *hug*
Jessica Rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 252-255?/ticker/145

Height: 5'6''

Did well yesterday, now on day 2!
paris81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

Hey everyone! Day 2... I'm still up 2 lbs from last weekends binge :/.. but I was up about 6, so I guess that's better. I'm trying to drink lotssss of water & I'm really pushing hard in the gym! Just so ready to be back on track...

Hope everyone has a good day !
kuhrisuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 150/150/105

Height: 5'

I need a post like this...somewhere to be held accountable if I do binge. Well I have been doing great UNTIL yesterday. I ate tooo much Puppy Chow or AKA Chex Muddy Buddies. UGH! I am soo disgusted with myself!

It does feel better to get it off my chest though! LOL!
tiredofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Great job Paris and Kuhrisuh!

D -- it's okay, learn from this! What made you start eating the candy/junk? Was it because you were hungry or because you denied yourself something earlier in the day? I think trying to figure out reasons behind binges can help prevent them in the future. Use this as a learning experience! And start over again today, starting over again is a victory too!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Height: 5'7"

Default your definition of binge?

Hi everyone!

I am finally back online! I went away for the weekend with my girlfriends and it has taken me this long to get on top of housework/kids/work/life so that I have a spare moment to check in with my chicks!

I am so inspired by you all---way to go superstars!!!

Honestly, I am really MORE inspired by you who fail, but make a commitment to get back on it! You can do it!

I am not sure how many days I could count as binge free. I ate (and drank) a lot of junk during my weekend away, but I didn't truly binge--I ate like a normal person on vacation.

How do you define binge?
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:47 AM   #25  

Hey guys..back to the beginning for me! So yeah I had to work last night till 11:30 and when I came into work there were bags of chips left over from last weeks potluck. I immediately put them in the cabinet so I wouldn't see them so the night started out good. But then later on I found out from my boss that he's decided to put me on the schedule during my week finals which I asked them not to..and THEN he scheduled me for New Year's eve! I wanted to scream...and all because they decided to fire one of our ppl a couple weeks ago leaving all of us in the crapper. So yeeeahh I guess you could say stress striggered the binge? Not only was it the chips though....there were stashes of halloween candy all around too. It's a wonder I didn't throw up from all the chocolate I ate :-( ugh But I know...this is always my problem...when I'm surrounded by food that I don't keep in my apt, I go haywire. Which just terrifies me even more about this weekend cuz I'll be surrounded by tons of pizza and lord knows what else. I HATE that this is SO frickin hard! ok vent completed...thanks again for the support ladies..start of Day #1 for me...

~D~
Old 10-27-2009, 01:24 PM   #26  
better, faster, stronger

S/C/G: 150/131.5/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Karen -- welcome back!

There was a topic about this at some point... what constitutes a binge and how is that different from overeating... I think the general consensus was that you may choose to overeat (because you're really enjoying the food, for example), but it shifts to a binge when you feel out of control, numb, guilty or disgusted. I think the main thing is lack of control. A binge is a binge when you feel like you can't stop eating, even if you don't really want the food.

And duqserb -- way to get back on track!
Skyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:33 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Back on track for me, too. I've had a few days here that have been "borderline" so I think my best bet is to give it a fresh start. The more I allow these borderline days to count, the closer I come to another full-out binge.

Here's to day 1!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 124/119/110

Height: 5'4"

I'm on day 6 I think.

I did a little overeating after dinner but I was "under" for the day at that point, so I ended up only at 67 over when I was done w/ my snacks....I had one snack that didn't fulfill the craving so I ended up having something else (that I should have just had right off the bat instead of both).
[So I don't think that was a b]
DogMomNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 07:42 PM   #29  

Looks like I should be ending this day on a good note. Seeing as how there's no chocolate or chips around like there was last night, I'll be fine. Feel like I've barely eaten all day and I feel like poop thanks to all the salt and sugar I consumed last night. But I did have some eggs with turkey and an english muffin for lunch, and just had a bowl of oatmeal with flax, cinnamon, and honey for dinner. Might have an apple in a couple hours and that'll be if for the night. Hope everyone got through the day alright

~D~
Old 10-27-2009, 08:10 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! Congrats to those of you still going strong! I've been a total disaster up until today, so I'm hoping today finishes off clean and it can be my day 1. I don't know what got into me! I've never been this tempted to binge, even before I started this whole new healthy lifestyle and everything. Maybe my body wanted to revolt after losing weight? Who knows. Either way, I feel so crappy (physically) from all that sugar and today's good food has helped a ton (physically AND mentally!). Back on track for me! Day 1!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote