Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2002, 07:57 AM   #1  

Default Wondering who thinks that their weight issues may stem from a chemical imbalance?

I have wondered about the chemical imbalance on more than one occasion. I know there have been times when eating correctly and exercising correctly have come almost effortlessly.

I have reached my goal weight on several occasions and then , for whatever reason, (perhaps fear or eating the wrong thing that threw my chemistry off again) it became impossible to continue and I would be back on the up end of the weight roller coaster.

I wonder if it is a physical imbalance or just emotional.
Old 07-19-2002, 04:30 PM   #2  

That is an interesting question and I am sure everyone will have an individual answer. I wish it was a chemical imbalance that medication could help, but for myself I do not believe that is it. I eat/don't eat for emotional and controlling reasons. When events in my life get out of control my ED's come back full force. I have used medication to help control ED's, like prozac to stop purging, but that helped more with my emotions than directly with physical changes. I really don't know a good answer, but it is a good question.
Closed Thread