Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-11-2009, 11:25 AM   #16  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Day 1 for me today. I am telling myself that if I stick with my plan today, I will sleep better tonight and my clothes will feel ever so slightly less tight tomorrow.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 12:48 PM   #17  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

Day 1 is also for me today. I binged yesterday and I feel horrible and my weight is up by 3 pounds. I worked out yesterday for 1 hour, burned around 800 calories running on the treadmill and I was so hungry that I totally just went off plan and totally binged wayy over (cake and all etc.). I have no idea if its water weight or just the food itself. = (
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Good Afternoon Ladies. Day #2 and so far so good. But Dr. BF is coming down tomorrow nite, so as per usual, we will be going out to eat, and going grocery shopping for food for him. I know he means well, but sadly, he is one of those people who can eat 10 billion calories a day and not gain. He's 6'4 and 190lbs. It took me 2 years to get 20lbs on him. I'm working on getting him over 200.

Wardhog - Thanks for starting this thread!

inthemidst - it's hard once you give into the cravings because when we stop... the craving is still there and it takes awhile before they go away. Keep up the good work!

WormwoodDoll- Ohh look how close you are to your Wedding Day goal!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

LaurenMom - Good for you that you got right back up!! It's like when I was little and learning to ride my pony. The more he bucked me off, the easier it was each time to get right back on!! Do it enough times and eventually we learn NOT to fall off!

BE VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!

gillychicks - New Day, New Start!! Good Luck!! NO MORE CHOCOLATE PEANUTS FOR YOU!! At least not until you've hit your goal!! And NOT a whole bag!

Spirit Angel - Welcome to the group! You already know you've had success, so you know you can do it again!

Dianee - Good work on the healthy choices! And good luck for this week!

Wiosna - A binge-free weekend!! That's when it's the hardest! GREAT JOB!!!

Jendiet - Stand Firm on that resolve! You are very close to your goal!!! Keep up the great work!

Oasis - Welcome to the group... and I love your avatar pic.. what does it symbolize?

SoulSurvivor - You are practically making being Bing-Free a fashion statement! Keep up the amazing job! You are an inspiration!

Lilbert - Good for you for getting back on track so quickly! You SHOULD be proud!! Keep up the good work.

Caliyah - Welcome to the group! Your "binge gain" is probably a combo of water retention and a bit of the food itself. Don't stress!

No Binges!! So Day two and so far so good. Consciously making the effort to make the right choices. Picked some really nice yellow tomatoes out of my garden and am going to make some Toasted T'mater Sammiches!

Going to take the Geriatric Puppies out for a good long walk tonight since it's going to be so nice out. See everyone tomorrow!!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

lol HotSplashes that made me giggle! A fashion statement, my god I wish it were that easy. But well done on getting to day 2!! It must feel good to know you can get by without a binge!

I keep having temptation thrown in my face, I went to Nandos (Chicken) with my friends today and I was close to getting myself my usual big meal - 1/4 chicken, garlic bread, chips with peri peri salt, coleslaw and some halloumi cheese on the side. But I just couldn't do it, I got an award this week at my slimming group as 'Slimmer of the week' and I would feel so much shame if I went in this week with a gain.... Plus I'd already had lunch so I opted for dessert and ordered some fat free frozen yoghurt which was delicious and cured my sweet tooth craving!!!

Then later we went to Tinseltown (a diner with over 50 types of milkshakes and massive burgers mmmm) I always get a milkshake (or 2 heehee - cherry bakewell is my favourite!!) , a burger, starter platter to share with friends , and Banoffee Waffles but I didn't this time , I knew I had left some food to marinate in the fridge that I had to eat tonight so I had a massive diet soda and watched my friend eat Banana and Nutella Waffles with an Oreo & Peanut Butter milkshake ... mmmm it looked good, but I prefered the look of my weight going down on the scales .
I came home and made the most amazing fish with tarragon , all purpose seasoning and cayenne pepper - it was worth the wait , and I'm happy I didn't give in.

Caliyah - good on you for getting back on the binge-free wagon, I hope the next few days are easier for you!!

Hope everyone has a good day tomorrow, I'm off to sleep now as I'm in the office in the morning and sleep deprivation always makes me eat more!
xx

Last edited by SoulSurvivor; 08-11-2009 at 06:08 PM.
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 08:57 PM   #20  
Monkey see, Monkey do!

Height: 5'6

Hotsplashes....thanks a lot Congrats on your Day 2! I'm sure you'll make smart choices while shopping....

Just checking in today - Day 4 for me is completed! Yuuppii! So happy!

Chikies....hope you all are having a fantastic evening!
wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:13 PM   #21  
live ur life

hugs and thanks ladies for the support!!! today i was feeling really really down and all but I promised myself I would not binge, I will not eat away my worries.
I deserve better. I was once told by my uncles wife that when she was my age that she was gorgeous/skinny and a beautiful bride as well but now she is 'fat' like me and of course my uncle was like yea she was skinny and then started saying how my size 0/1 cousin is similar to how my aunt used to look. i really really hate the negative and hurtful things people say. when i saw my uncle today i remembered those comments they made and now 30 pounds later neither of them say anything positive about my progress. so when i went home i just felt inadequate and wanted to binge but i had to use all my strength and hold myself back. I've never reached my weight loss goal before. i know this time it will be different and i will reach it.

hugs to u all! we can do this!
Old 08-12-2009, 12:15 PM   #22  

Hello Everyone!! I survived another day Binge Free yesterday!! YAY ME!! And am working hard today. Gonna keep busy with housework and catching up on the required articles before my editor chops my head off!lol

SoulSurvivor... SOOOO much temptation you passed up!!! AWESOME JOB!! Just reading what you put down for menues made my mouth water.. What's Periperi salt and haloumi cheese? As for the sleep deprivation and eating..I find I eat alot of carbs and sugary things in that situation to keep my bloodsugar levels soaring.. then I crash bad... So be mindful..and eat lots of protiens!

Wiosna, THank you!! AND WOOHOO FOR YOU!!! 4 DAys Binge Free!!! That is aawesome!!!!! Keep up the great work!

Caliya, I used to have family like that. I was always thin. Thinnest one on both sides and they would always say, "You'll end up fat just like your mother". Well... I haven't ever gone over 199. And my mother's highest was 298. And she's also 6'tall. Soooo..I just avoid those negative people. And if I can't, I just tell them they are jealous because I'm not as big as they are. Yes it's all the "bigger" relatives that keep saying this to me.. yet they never say anything about their own weight...go figger...

So if you hang out here with all us positive girls... YOU WILL reach yoru goals!! Already you are changing your attitude to a more strong, positive mode!! KEep it UP!!
Old 08-14-2009, 05:22 AM   #23  

Hotsplashes : Peri Peri salt is a mixture of spices, I think it's got some hot chili (peri peri peppers) and salt that they put on your chips, mm it's so nice!!!
Halloumi is a greek/turkish cheese that has a salty taste - you grill it , so it's warm and just yummy. Some people don't like it because it's 'rubbery' but it's beautiful!

I've had 2 more binge free days, yesterday was yet again hard! Someone brought a box of krispy kremes to the youth club I work at, a few months ago I used to buy a box of krispy kremes and take them to my university and eat them with all my girls (but I'd eat about 4 of them) but yesterday I had to exercise restraint lol

After work me and some of my friends that I also work with decided to go on a walk , and after leaving them I walked home - it was a long walk but I really enjoyed it

Last edited by SoulSurvivor; 08-14-2009 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:53 AM   #24  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Height: 5'5"

Hey all,

Been doing ok. But this I am definitley doing this (WL) different than the last 100 times. Meaning I am allowing myself to go off plan but sticking close to my calorie allotment and writing it all down. Was at a school Italian Potluck wednesday - had 2 fiber one bars before I got there - to bulk up (lol)- and instead of eating all the off plan food (even the salads!) I chose my favorite off plan dessert and I didn't even eat it all. The next day I didn't feel bad, regret or otherwise, and stayed mostly on plan - except for the 1/3 cup of pasta with my salad and the fiber1 bar. I'm still losing and I don't feel so deprived which is a big trigger for bingeing for me. Maybe I need to change my Plan.

SoulSurvivor: Thanks for sharing your encounter with temptation. And congrats on having 2 more binge-free days!

Hope everyone has a great day!
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:41 PM   #25  
Monkey see, Monkey do!

Height: 5'6

Just a quick check-in - Day 7 for me today
wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 05:45 PM   #26  

Day 18 went well, I went for another 2 hour walk today and stuck to plan. I filled up on lots of vegetables and lean meat and treated myself to 2 mini milk ice creams
I'm going to the park with some friends tomorrow, I'm going to cook some chicken and vegetables to take with me and anything else that tickles my fancy to fill me up while they eat all the junk food!

Inthemidst : I agree that it's deprivation that kicks me off when I binge or get the craving to binge.. What was the dessert?? I've got a sweet tooth and would love to know lol

Wiosna: Congrats on getting through 7 days!!!

Last edited by SoulSurvivor; 08-14-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2009, 05:47 PM   #27  

Height: 5'4"

Here I am again people!!!
Last week I also joined the one week free binge and failed bad... But I kinda new I wouldn’t be able to do it...
This week is different though...
I am on my 6th day today and I know I will get through the weekend (they are the worst during the summer)
Let’s do it ladies!!!
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #28  

Hello Ladies! Another 2 days no binges!! I filled up on Salad today and didn't even go after the FRESH HOT peach Scones!! Which is very hard for me. Its peach season up here. So there are Peaches everywhere in EVERYTHING.. but these Scones are to die for. But I didn't eat them. Ate too much broccoli though and am all bloated. I'm having a Broccoli baby I think.

SoulSurvivor.. I am going to have to go look for PeriPeri salt now. I'll ask my friend about the cheese. She's greek and runs a greek restaurant. I wonder if that's the type of cheese they use in Saganaki? Keep up the good work! What are mini icemilks?

Wiosna.. GOOD JOB!! Keep checking in!

Inthemidst.. I agree with Soul.. deprivation is more a saboteur than anything else. We can never totally deny ourselves something we love because in the nd we just binge on it. Better to have a little bit now, than a whole lot of it later and undo all the hard work!

Belezura! YIPEEEE 6days!! Congrats! Weekends are hard. Just plan a head like Soulsurvivor is. It will help you get through.

So Tomorrow I have my first public book signing. I wasn't planning on being this big when I agreed to do it. But hey, I just did an article on plus sized dating for a magazine...so maybe it's kind of appropriate? I'm a size 12/14... Not a little girl by any means... But maybe it will give someone some motivation??? I'll post on sunday to let you know how it goes!

Have a great weekend everyone!!
Old 08-14-2009, 10:17 PM   #29  
live ur life

thanks ladies so much for the support! i've been staying on plan and guess what, those 3 pounds disappeared and i lost an additional 0.8 pounds = ) ..but it's not my official weigh in until monday. let's do this!!
Old 08-15-2009, 10:04 PM   #30  

OK.. another day of good eating.. it was very hard tonight tho as my niece is over and wanted to do a "Movie nite" with chips and all. I said no to the chips.. .but let her eat icecream. I had none.

Boy is this hard...

Caliyah!! GREAT JOB!!!