Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #1  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Default Anyone else have a healthy "cant eat just one" food?

I have found out something quite odd about myself in the past week. In the past, foods like donuts, cake & other pastries were my "can't eat just one" foods.

Now I am eating a clean diet - mainly lean meats & good carbs. But, in this past week or so, the farmers here have been harvesting their fresh sweet corn. I can't seem to get enough ears of sweet corn! It's totally allowed on my plan, but I still can't seem to stop at one ear! I have forced myself to not add anything to it - no butter, salt etc. But I swear I could eat 8 ears in one sitting (I actually did eat 4 the other night! ). I didn't blow my cals, but was at the higher end of my range and like to keep on the lower end. And we all know, even if it's "healthy" .. too much of it and you are looking at extra poundage. I hope sweet corn season is over soon. LOL.. god help me when the fresh watermelons start to ripen.

Maybe it's the "sweet" - like my foods from the past?

Anyone else have a healthy "cant eat just one" food???
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:58 PM   #2  
Happiness

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'9"

Bananas and corn.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 180/147/125

Definitely cherries! ooo and strawberries drizzled with 70% chocolate. Yes I consider that health food lol!
aneleh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Raspberries!!! I could eat raspberries foreverandeverandever... :-)
And nuts, too (although I suppose they are no longer considered healthy if ou eat them in such vast quantities...)
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #5  

Height: 5'7''

Bread!
I mean, the healthy version of it , very simple receipt, even whole grain.

Actually most of my binges start with a lot of bread. Problem with bread is that is VERY healthy but also VERY high in calories and carbs
Julietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #6  
ConnieLynn

S/C/G: 316/304/158

Height: 5'4"

If I can't eat just one, I don't consider it healthy Mine is grapes. I'd buy grapes on sale for the week, but keep eating them until they were gone fast. I do think the "sweet" has something to do with it. I know now only to buy a few at a time. Actually, I tend to buy most of my fruit frozen now, which slows down the tendency to over do it.
DownSizex100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #7  
Eyes on the Prize

S/C/G: 350/ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julietta View Post
Bread!
I mean, the healthy version of it , very simple receipt, even whole grain.

Actually most of my binges start with a lot of bread. Problem with bread is that is VERY healthy but also VERY high in calories and carbs

Like you, bread (even the healthy kind), is something I *really* have to watch like a hawk. Especially if I eat anything with pasta. For me, I feel like I want a bite of bread with every bite of a pasta dish - I have totally cut out pasta right now because of that. Double-whammy eating it with pasta !!

Downsize: that is true as well - not healthy of you eat too much of it!

I have decided that I will only eat an ear of sweet corn if I am not fixing it for the whole family. That way, I can prepare ONE ear and eat only one ear. If I fix for the fam, I am not allowing myself to eat even one! Because at that point, I will just keep eating what ever corn is left until it is gone.

I also decided to repeat this line that I have heard over and over in this forum:

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

It just surprises me that I am having problems with food that is supposed to be good & healthy.
HotWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:45 PM   #8  
Ilene the Bean

wild rice, grapes, cherries, dry raisins, actually any dried fruit, nuts also, bananas, I always have to eat two ....
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:13 AM   #9  
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

hi

i love the salads i make...sometimes i just can't stop with just one serving = /
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Dried fruit I know better than to buy its worse than candy.
But last night ran in for some milk and they had dried cherries and yogurt covered raisins. needless to say Im up .4lbs from yesterday!!
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 310/234.5/130

Height: 5'6"

I seem to have portion control problems and also I can't just eat one....I work 12 hour shifts in the emergency dept and so I pack my food almost for the whole day. 1 ww bagel, 1 ww cream cheese, 1 container of salad, 2 individual servings of grapes 91g = 1 point, 2 individual servings granola (baked in applesauce, I think I cleaned the store out, can't find any right now.), 1 multivitamuffin (chocolate of course), 1 serving flat bread (if I want peanut butter and bread at work), 1 serving of grilled chicken (4oz), and so on and so on. I can not eat grapes from the store bag and stop at 18 (which would be one serving if large grapes). My big problem is portion control and eating more than one. WW also has a chocolate fudge ice cream, 1 point. On really long days at work, I will stop at the local grocery store, pick up odd and ends and get the ww ice cream. My ride home takes about 45 minutes, I usually end up eating 3-4 on the way home. But , I allow myself those in terms of daily points. So sometimes I do think it's okay to have more than just one. hugs to every body
ernurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

NUTS!!! I am nuts about nuts!!!!
Can't stop eating it... and also cherries, grapes, strawberries, well, fruits in general LOL
belezura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:56 AM   #13  
Marina

S/C/G: 317/286/190

Height: 5'9

Definitely cherries, pistachios (wont eat them because of this), apple slices are a few...blueberries are my main vice. I could eat a carton if I dont immediately portion out all my food when I get home from the grocery store.
ThickAZChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #14  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

Corn! Bananas! Cherries! Nuts!!! But bananas especially...and I stay away from nuts because I just don't wanna stop eating them. So I've ruled them out, for now...

Kira

Last edited by kiramira; 08-10-2009 at 12:39 PM.
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:38 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 245/260/145

Height: 5'7''

Everything called berry
Nom nom nom
willa is offline   Reply With Quote