Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

View Poll Results: What is the most you have ever eaten on a binge?
I don't binge 0 0%
An extra packet of something naughty 0 0%
Chips, chocolate, fast food 1 10.00%
There is not enough space to write it all down 9 90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2002, 05:06 PM   #46  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Let's hear it for distractions!

My job.... is boring. My house... is a disaster. My boyfriend... is working late. My dogs.... are trying to make confetti out of the phone books. When I've been SO GOOD at work (it's easy to be as shocked and suprised as everyone else that I got fat on steamed veggies and organic popcorn!), my worst time of the day is when I get home. I'm sad that the cute boyfriend is working late, that the house is a mess, that the dogs are rotten and (honestly) I'm a bit bored.

On the way home I make a list of things I could do besides binge. I could walk the dogs, I could clean the house, I could read a smutty romance novel, I could write an even smutty romance novel. But it never fails, I feel overwhelmed and tired and well... give up!

Until recently! So after work on monday, I have no distraction. But tuesday and wednesday and thursday I have classes that start promptly after work. Deep Water Aerobics (with women MUCH larger than me in swim suits) on tuesdays and thursday, and Ballet on wednesdays (they don't call me Graceless for nothing!). I don't get home until two hours later and feeling much more in control and happy.

I totally lucked out having a class that started right after work, but how cool!!!!!

Anyway, it's not flawless... the house is still a mess and I feel a bit guilty not taking the dogs for a long exhausting walk but it's a start!

--GJ
Old 08-09-2002, 01:57 AM   #47  
Domestic Goddess

Default Good on You!

We have a saying here, if someone does something really good and inspires others they are (drumroll please)
A DEADSET LEGEND!!
Goddess Jessica, you go girl !

Dogs will survive without a walk and the housework, weeelll being a veteran of the 'germs build up your immunity' school of cleaning I don't think the tidy house police will be at your house anytime soon, and believe me, it will all be there, along with the extra stuff that bred when you were away, when you get home.

I have taken up tennis and I don't care if the breakfast dishes end up with a new civilisation on them I'm going to tennis Mondays and Fridays so there! And I have also noticed that the cute husband makes just as much if not more mess than me (down honey the toilet seat goes down, on honey, the new roll of toilet paper goes on the hanger) and he has noticed that when you clean the mess too and the wife is happy, well, EVERYONE is happy!

Lots of exclamation points today, must be the tennis!
Be strong and take care all!
Belle!!!

Dont know why but I love that darn banana!
!!!
Old 08-12-2002, 06:19 PM   #48  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Default Grisly Grim Gruesome GUILT

Guilt is this amazing thing.

Guilt and Diets are linked together by the forces of evil.

You feel guilty for thinking about the foods you want to eat, feel guilty for eating the foods you do eat (even if it is in moderation) and that drives you to more guilt, which leads to more eating and more self-loathing. It shouldn't be called a diet, it is a quest to aquire the most self-loathing possible. Once you start a diet, Guilt wins.

Have you ever been on a diet where you did not feel guilty?
Not me, not once.

So, this is the end of dieting for me.

I refuse.
I reject.
I dismiss.
I decline.
I will not subject myself to more self-loathing.

I'm the coolest person I know. I'm a sex kitten and a rock star. I am a Goddess and I never read a single greek myth that Aphrodite said, "Sorry, that's not on my diet."

I'm going on the Anti-Diet.

I have goals.

I want to be healthy and flexible - I'd like to touch my nose to my knee. I want to run and swim without getting red-faced right away. I want to enjoy myself naked.

But most of all-- I WANT TO BE HAPPY.

Guilt does not make me happy.

This week, I want to make a new friend, work on a new piece of art and run (even if it's a sprint down the block when no one is looking) with the dogs because it makes me feel like a child. I will also continue my amazing classes and love my cute boyfriend with all my heart.

I love my anti-diet.

-GJ
Old 08-12-2002, 07:20 PM   #49  

GJ,
Good for you! I absolutely love how you are embracing your free spirit. I wish for you peace of mind, keeping those goals real , and taking action over your guilt. I have been posting here off and on for 2 years and in those years my eating, body-image, dieting, antidieting, exercising, nonexerciseing, purging..... has all run the gamut of the spectrum we call disordered eating. I guess this is just life and too much of it has been spent on what others deem worthy because of a small dress size. You've shown that you are a srong woman and as I heard once "strength over time equals power" ( gosh was it physics class??). WOW!

I want to return to a healthier lifestyle and be at ease with myself and not try to kill myself starving/ purging /overeating. It does something to us physically, but worse it does damage emotionally and spiritually. It is so hard to not go by what others approve and desire because I know for me, I want to be accepted by others. I terrible price I recently paid was that I ended up giving myself away ( my own power of listening to my inner voice) and hurting my body in the process. Now I want to heal my mind/body/spirit and I know this takes a life time, but if I just stay in today then that is all I have to concern myself with.

Your post was motivating to me, just thought I'd share that.
Old 08-16-2002, 03:22 AM   #50  
Domestic Goddess

Lightbulb Legendary Words and Actions

Goddess Jessica good luck!
I have said before obsessing about eating an extra tablespoonful of rice will not make me thinner, just stressed. And I usually end up eating 10 times as much in my following binge.

I really wish you well. Guilt is a dreadful thing, eating you from the inside out. I seem to always feel guilty about what when and how much I'm eating. I veer from feeling in control and eating well to binging and hating myself on a regular basis.

I truly hope you have the answer for you.

Take care and be well

Belle
Old 08-20-2002, 07:32 PM   #51  
Domestic Goddess

Talking Bouncy!

I was watching one of those demoralising music film clips yesterday and I must say, I looked at it in a different light for once.

One of the rail thin girls on the clip (they were all playing volleyball as you do when very skinny and in a bikini) had her hip bones, all of her ribs and her entire collar bones sticking out. She also had amazingly large breasts. They had, however, those weird circles down the side that scream 'implant'. The more I watched that clip, the more I realised that as much as there are some parts of my body I have fantasised about chopping off with scissors (or of course my favourite friends those aliens with their fat sucking machine that doesn't hurt) I have always looked like a real woman.

I am very overweight, but I have hips (big ones I grant you), I have big breasts (great cleavage in a v front shirt, and the husband... !) and a waist in there somewhere!

My point is, we are all beautiful women, who look like real women, and despite the fact that we have weight to lose I think we should be celebrating our female form and enjoying the fact that apart from our weight, which we work on every day, we are lucky to have the full, rounded voluptous bodies we do!

Take care all

Belle
Old 08-22-2002, 10:43 AM   #52  

I am so glad you all are here. I too am going antidiet. Some thing has to be wrong to have to deprive yourself to feel better. We don't. it leads to binging and guilt. Time for a new way of thinking.

You guys are the greatest!!! And you hit on the biggest problem boredom and being tired. The logical thing when you're tired is to sleep and if you are bored to do something (besides eat). Why is this concept so hard for us????

Everyone hang in there. I plan on it. I've accepted that I have a wiring problem NOT a food problem. Diets will do nothing for me. Take care all and enjoy the tennis!!
Old 08-23-2002, 10:42 PM   #53  
Domestic Goddess

Exclamation Fat and the Great Outdoors...

Won't someone tell me please the answer to my riddle.

I'm fat (derr fred) but I want to exercise. I picked tennis and some punching and kicking at the local gym. I rock up to the local sports store and their biggest size is a very small 16. Apparently you can only get fit when you are already slim.

But I'm used to having a limited range of retail therapy options (I'm fat not stupid) so I trot off to the bigger fatties r us shops (we have 1626 and GB's Big is beautiful). I understand that they are trying to cater for a large age group and many sizes but for goodness sake, could they not just supply the same stuff our skinny sisters are buying, just bigger? Is it hard to grasp that I read cosmo too and know that turquise and peasant tops are in for summer? When I am actually 65 and mother of the bride I will have no problems finding clothing but right now, at 34 and wanting to play tennis, you would think I wanted to fly to the moon on a fart powered rocket!

I eventually gave up and will make do with my crusty and worn out exercise gear until I lose a little more and can squeeze into the regular sizes. That really gripes my cookies...how am I supposed to get fit if I can't find anything to wear while I'm doing it?

aaahhhhhhhhhh!!!

Thanks, I feel better now!

Take care all

Belle
Old 08-26-2002, 06:49 PM   #54  

Hmmm,

I would like to see that rocket...But have you tried catalogs or internet shopping? But that does create the problem of not trying it on beforehand. (Personally, I don't buy clothes I haven't seen or touched yet) My attitude is that I DON'T CARE what people say or think when I wear when I wear my workout clothes because if I did I would not even leave the house. It's all part of the doin' it for me thang. Excersing at home seems to work for some people also - that way you could dance around in your birthday suit if you want!
Old 08-27-2002, 12:50 AM   #55  
Domestic Goddess

Wink More griping (just a little)

Actually yes, have tried the catalogue thing and have found a couple of places that actually are the size the label says. I just had a problem then I decided I wanted to buy something NOW not when the catalogue came...

I was actually just having a whinge (as you do) but honestly, I don't care what people say. I am out for a good time (on the court or in the gym) and will wear whatever, just sometimes it would be nice to wear something new and lovely. I'm not massively into fashion but I do like to shop, and take care of myself.

I'll survive, no worries.

Take care all

Belle
Old 09-04-2002, 08:43 AM   #56  
Domestic Goddess

Lightbulb Crashed and Burned!

Mmmm.....Aint done so good this week Ma.

PMS at warp factor 10 and in the midst of old type binge I have not had for a very long time. The kind where you buy up the shop and proceed to eat it, starting on the drive home, as you do.

AAaaaaaH!

I know I have to address the issue but it seems too hard, and a block of chocolate.....WILL NOT CHANGE HOW I FEEL.

I just want some peace, instead of pieces of rubbish food.

Feeling lost today, and not really sure where to go, have not felt like this for a long time. I guess I know where to go - to the journal my friends, where I will begin once again to record what will become a NORMAL food intake.

The only way to go is UP.

Take care all

Belle
Old 09-11-2002, 10:11 PM   #57  

I am new to 3fc. Ive been searching for a place like this. Does anyone have any good ideas on stopping the binge? I recently read about hypoglcemia and if you feel a binge coming on you drink some diluted apple juice(half juice, half water) with 1/4 teaspoon salt and a vitamin C tablet. The problem is when I feel the monster, I dont always want to stop it, I find sick comfort in the binge. I am miserable. It has helped before. What do you think? I am miserable!

Last edited by crankykat; 09-11-2002 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 10:31 PM   #58  
Domestic Goddess

Exclamation I am the Queen of the Bingers!

Well probably not really but sometimes it feels like that!

Cranky I'll give your binge stopper a go but the best stop for me has to be other people. Talking, even about something unrelated, means my phone bill is up but my pants size might stay down!

I know what you mean about taking comfort in the binge though, you go with what you know. As an adult though, I know that this behaviour is self destructive and long term will only damage me. I just have trouble translating that into everyday living sometimes.

I have tried to set up my life so that it supports my weight loss, but sometimes even then I sabotage myself, and my biggest challenge has been to learn not to beat myself up and give up if I slip and fall along the way.

As long as we all keep trying the best way we can, we can get there in the end!

Take care all

Belle
Old 09-11-2002, 10:38 PM   #59  

Thank you for responding. Being new to the web I felt a little lost. Its amazing isnt, how the web can bring complete strangers together. Pretty neat. Thanks again.
Old 09-12-2002, 07:10 AM   #60  

Goin' on 2 days without a binge and still counting......
Closed Thread