Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 PM   #31  
~jus' being me~

Thanks Jen - Wow. For extreme weight loss I should be on 1700 calories. Factor in my workouts and that is a whole lotta food options . . . I may do this experiment for a few days and see what happens.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:17 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Sure Danni. yeah, I'm always experimenting on myself. Only way to find out what works for you!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #33  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Good morning,

I did not overeat yesterday - but after dinner I felt like crap. Had a salad with a turkey burger (4 oz, salt and pepper only) and I left food on my plate. That was the 1st time I had a turkey burger in weeks - so was it the burger or did I eat so fast I didn't notice I was full in time?

Now I know y'all cannot really answer that question for me. Just need to vent....after all my hard work not overeating yesterday I felt gypped. Like my body had betrayed me.

I don't want to fight with my body. I've been doing that for years. SO I guess I'll try to figure out what happened and adjust. So Danni and Jen, it is all about experimenting.

Wishing you all mini-miracles today!

A
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #34  
~jus' being me~

So I officially suck at calorie counting lol Am definitely not eating enough during the day and then too many little things at night time that add up!

Going to go back to just focussing on whole foods as I was doing, with an extra focus on my snack-attacking and thennnnnnnn maybe once a week i will log an average day for myself just to make sure I am in line. But I cant log every day. I think being an accountant if I am not 100000% accurate it starts to cause me a level of anxiety that isnt conducive to a happy life for me! ha!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:46 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Sounds like everyone is doing a lot of experimenting this week! I love it!

Danni -- I love "chicken boobies", hahaha, the inner adolescent in me finds that hilarious. I love nuts, so I'll have to give the Brazil nuts a try..thanks!

Beth -- way to fight off those pizza cravings...have you ever tried making a healthy version at home? I like to cut a WW pita in half, spread pizza sauce on both sides, sprinkle with FF Mozzarella, turkey pepperoni and lots of veggies.

Evie -- it's so hard to resist food that others bring in for you. My parents do it to me all the time, and they never understand why I don't like it! They're just like "If you don't want to eat it, don't eat it!" They don't understand that not wanting to eat it doesn't make a craving go away!

Soul and Nicki -- congrats on making it through the last couple days without binging...that's great!

inthemidst -- it'll take awhile to figure your body out, just give it time! I still haven't figured out what works for me and I've been at this for over a year (maybe that's just me though, haha)

So far, I'm doing good...got right back on track after my mini-binge on Sunday and the weight I saw Monday morning has mostly come off. I obviously haven't stuck to my no-scale pledge...it's like an addiction and I can't stop myself from stepping on in the morning...arg. Anyway, tonight is my last class of the summer semester! Woohoo! In honor of that, my professors decided to hold class in a Mexican restaurant (say what?!). So, I'm going to attempt to have dinner there tonight and hope it doesn't turn into a binge...because usually it does for me. Wait...no...I won't say "hope." I hereby swear to all you Chicks in Control that I WILL NOT BINGE tonight. I will make a healthy choice! (any ideas? anybody?) There, I've sworn it, and I will not go back on a promise!

Have a good, binge-free day everyone!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #36  
~jus' being me~

http://weightloss.about.com/od/eatsmart/a/aa050207a.htm

If you google "healthy Mexican" soooo many things come up. Oooh Chicken Fajitas would be a good choice!

I love Mexican, we dont have a great range of rstaurants here though darn it.

Last edited by Madison; 07-29-2009 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-29-2009, 01:02 PM   #37  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Hey Everyone! Good morning Hope all is good with you!
Man, the last couple of days have been major slides. I keep on being tormented with Chinese or Indian food. (Both are strong weaknesses!) Today I'm doing good. I'm really working on that 6 small meals a day thing. What really works for me is the goals I put myself in! I tell myself If I do good, then for one of my snacks, I can have a lean hot pocket (pizza! and only 280 cals) I have to say, it is the BOMB. lol Can't wait to till my afternoon snack! So far so good!

Danni- Mexican food sounds so good! I'll definitely look into it! And just keep working on your calorie counting. I know it gets rough, but it's SO worth it! Good luck!!!!
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #38  

I am REALLY trying not to go to the Chinese restaurant with my son and just binge on the bar. I'm having a VERY CRAPPY DAY. All I want to to do is lie in bed or go out for chinese. Lying in bed would be more conducive to weight loss...but Chinese is so comforting.

dang.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

No binging today, taking it one day at a time, heck I'm taking it one hour at a time right now.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #40  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

aw jen.

Crappy days are the worst, and even though bingeing sounds like the answer, it's not. All it's going to leave you is heartburn and that 'fat day' the next day. No fun! I promise you that if you just keep within your diet, you will be so glad that you didn't go to that evil chinese restaurant!

GOOD LUCK! *hug* *high five*
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Jen...will eating the Chinese make today a better day or a crappier day? Food is never a solution to a crappy day!

Nicki, you can do it!

Danni, thanks for the suggestion...that's what I had. I had actually planned to have a grilled chicken salad (YAWN) but when I got there I thought..."Hey wait a minute, I don't go out to eat every day, I've had light meals all day so far, and I can pick something a little more interesting than a freaking grilled chicken salad." So, I had the mini fajita burrito with fajita chicken and I asked for the cheese sauce on the side. When I got it, I put about a tablespoon of the cheese sauce on top, then decided it was too sweet and scooped it back off, lol. And, I only ate about half of the actual wrap before pushing it aside and just eating the chicken and veggies inside. I was pretty proud of my choices. AND I only ate about 5 chips from the chips/salsa bowl. Thankfully this place did not do refills and the people I went to dinner with inhaled them before I could get in the full 10 I planned for myself, lol.

Now, I'm just going to have to make smart choices before going to bed tonight. I usually eat late, like around 8pm, so eating dinner this early is hard for me because I know I'm going to be hungry later on. I'm already planning on having a bowl of oatmeal around 8 and a frozen yogurt cup around 10. I can make it through the rest of this day...I know I can!!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:10 PM   #42  

well, no chinese. I did relatively well on my calories too, plus I got what was ailing me off my chest.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Made it completely binge free today! There were so many chances to have pizza and sweets but Im going to sleep tonight with no guilt.
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #44  
~jus' being me~

Congrats on all the great choices girls!!

I am feeling like arse today. Have been fighting a flu for a week now and this morn I was just like - ugh cant do this. So am on the couch resting
Old 07-29-2009, 09:06 PM   #45  
~jus' being me~

Oh I am listening to this Jillian Michaels podcast where she talks about counting calories . . . the rebel in me continues to fight the good fight and want to disagree with her Naughty Aussie. But darn it she makes sense that woman.