Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

welcome evie!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:48 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 132/132/120

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Default I'm in!

I'm in too!
scout10horses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:49 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni View Post
Yay for a new fresh week

Monday was good - stuck to my food plan, and even went to the gym Going to repeat the same tomorrow . . .
Amen!

I am going out of town so it is extra encouragement.

Monday... walked 3 miles and have not eaten enough but I will have a great dinner!

Following you in the repeat!
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:28 PM   #19  
~jus' being me~

Yay for everyone having a good day!!!

Where are you off to AJ? Hope you have had a good evening.

Emily love love love love LOVED your post! It really spoke to me. When I lost all my weight I really thought that I had changed my lifestyle, but I look back and I was really on a diet the whole time. Admittedly it did feel easy at the time but I dont want to be counting, measuring and weighing portions for the rest of my life (I have done that in the past and if it works for anyone reading this I do not take anything away from doing it your way AT ALL. We all have to do what silences the noise in our heads.)

None of us are morons. We are all smart sassy strong women. We all have different reasons for over eating. But ALL of us knows INTUITIVELY when we put food in our mouth (consciously I mean) whether its something that will make us feel better physically, emotionally etc or make us feel worse. I know for me sugary foods make me completely hateful. I dont know if its bcos of the insulin issues I have. And wheat-based foods blow me up. So these are not everyday foods for me. I do also know that fresh fruit, veggies, chicken boobies, fish, nuts all make me feel like a rockstar.

Emily I love that you are finding your own way

ETA: I do carry mini protein bars with me as an emergency high protein snack. I find that its hard to get portable protein snacks unless you are happy to carry boiled eggs around ( i have heard of ppl who do this!!). The other thing is brazil nuts - for me they are really very filling and dont make me want to fall into a pit of them and inhale them all.

Last edited by Madison; 07-27-2009 at 08:42 PM.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #20  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

Thanks so much for the support, ladies!

The pizza cravings have passed. I did a 50 minute workout... This helped in a lot of ways - it took my mind off it, it made me feel good about myself, and it made me not want to eat something that would make the hard work all for nothing.

I also talked to my my husband about it because sometimes having a rational conversation can help keep me on track. We talked about how far we've come, how far we want to go, etc... Pizza just doesn't fit into those plans.

Thanks again. I love this forum so much because I never have to feel alone and I so appreciate your encouragement.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #21  
~jus' being me~

You did great Beth!!! And way to go on the workout! I tell you, the main reason I work out is the fact that its better than therapy . . .
Old 07-27-2009, 11:09 PM   #22  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Just poppin' in. The weekend = good and I'm on day #8?
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:04 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

I'm definitely up for the challenge, my bingeing is disgusting! I had a friend over on the weekend and all we did from Friday up until Sunday was binge binge binge.. I woke up yesterday feeling sickly but I knew I was starting a new eating plan so I couldn't eat like I had been.

Yesterday is officially my first day and I'm happy to say I didn't binge! I'm shocked because I bought multipacks of some snacks I got at Slimming World and I havent even touched them! Sometimes I can eat a multipack or even 2 at once, with no questions asked.

I haven't been to the gym for ages, I might just go today.. hmm

Hope everyone has a good day!!
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:31 AM   #24  
~jus' being me~

The kitchen is closed for tonight! Woot! I have been listening to these Jillian Michaels podcasts and I am really curious to see how many calories I am eating (as she speaks a lot about BMR etc) so am going to give it a go tomorrow and see what happens . . . No workout today as its still too dark before and after work (and I dont feel good going at lunch time cos someone is always looking for me . . . I need to work on this - putting work ahead of me).

I was at the dentist this afternoon so couldnt go right after work like I normally do (the anesthetic is just wearing off and my jaw and gums are achey so may go to bed soon).

Have a good day all!

Last edited by Madison; 07-28-2009 at 06:33 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 09:50 AM   #25  
Ready to be skinny!

S/C/G: 238/221!!!/180

Height: 5'11

Ugh, well, it was pretty sad my first day. I ate my dinner, and told myself I was done for the day.

Then, my parents came over with chinese food! What to do? I only had a little bit of rice, but then started eating cheese and crackers...

ruh roh.

Those are scary!!! YOU JUST CAN'T STOP!!! haha. Ah well...today is another day!
evieistrying09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:09 AM   #26  
my beautiful mess

S/C/G: 197/179/145 or so

Hello all,

Yesterday was a good day for me. I have been dessert free for almost 2 weeks - but I was starting to use cereal and crackers in the same way. And feeling icky. So since I joined this challenge yesterday - I decided no cereal and no crackers. I can't say it was an easy day - but I made it through. Had some almond milk last night which seemed to satisfy my need for something sweet - but it did not trigger eating more. YAY!

The nicest thing is I woke up sort of hungry this morning. It felt good. And has not happened in along while. I am one of those who wants to eats more when I am stuffed, when I am sick, well just about any time. Except when I am hungry. I seem to have more control when there is not much food in my belly. Good to know.

Wishing you chickies- a day full of success.

Ash
inthemidst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Back from my day away from the computer which I spent doing the jobs most of us hate, such as cleaning the inside of the oven, and those windows that you need a step ladder to reach etc. Those are my worst household chores I bet you all have your own.

Too tired to binge yesterday after all the cleaning, and no binge so far today.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:29 PM   #28  

Ash: I have realized the best way to control over eating is not eating for a period. Why fast 5 works for me. I like the "i'm hungry" feeling. It means I'm not overfed and getting fatter.

evie...wow, in your case. I would have just eaten some of the chinese food too. I LOVE chinese. As a matter of fact, I AM GOING to treat myself to chinese maybe next week. I know I will eat a lot. So it will be a "save my calories for it event"

Nicki, I wish I could get to those chores. I'm always stuck on dishes, laundry, floors. We spray my windows with the hose. heh.

Danni, good for you for closing the kitchen. I have a website you can check out for BMR stuff. to get your BMR check out the calculator and put "Basic Metabolic Rate" for exercise level option. http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

Beth: oh my gosh girl! you totally kicked that pizza craving's a$$. I'm so proud of you. Yes exercise has better endorphins than pizza! woot!

wormwood! yay for day 8.

Soul, you will get back on track hun!

AFM: scale is going down...so I am pretty happy and not inclined to binge at the moment.

Last edited by jendiet; 07-28-2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

Hey thanks Jen!

I got through today just fine, no bingeing at all! It's probably one of the first days in a long time that I havent, I cant even think back to the last time I didn't binge on rubbish.

Did 20 mins in the gym and then went for a walk with a friend for about 30 mins. After the gym I was craving something sweet so bad, went into the supermarket and walked straight past the bakery and left with some mango and raspberries.

Definitely had a good day
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:07 PM   #30  

yummm Mango. I love Mango. Better tell your man to watch out. It's a total aphrodesiac!