Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 264.5/177/165

Height: 5"5

I find that I can binge on anything and everything, it doesn't matter if it's home cooked rice and chicken or a box of cookies, krispy kremes , brownies , chips hmmmm anything chocolatey lol.... millionaire shortbread (caramel and chocolate of shortbread is soo devilish). The point is I just have no limits lol... I don't even know what hunger is, or what it feels to be 'full'.

I go through phases with cereal , there are times I could eat loads of it ... and always in a mug, I don't know why I don't use a bowl? Maybe it makes me feel better lol
SoulSurvivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:54 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

Danni - 'Foods with a soul', I love that!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:42 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

To me, it`s all things which combine sugar and fat: Ice cream,cake, biscuit. Not so much "simple" chocolate (although it used to!) but everything chocolate flavoured. Artificial cr*p, really.
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #19  
Rubber Ducky

S/C/G: 341/307/135

Corn dogs. Hot dogs. Peanut and Butter Jelly Sandwiches. I could seriously eat like 4 corn dogs, feel full, but as soon as more room in my stomach becomes availavle, I could easily eat another 4, maybe a package of hot dogs, 2 or 3 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

For me, I like the way peanut butter and jelly just slides down your throat. You don't even have to chew it. Just take a bite, few chews then swallow. The same for corn and hot dogs. It provides me the most thought-less eating, which is what I do when I binge. Just zone out and eat eat eat. It's a really hard habit to kick, one that I sturggle with daily, so I just don't buy these things.
glitterducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:55 PM   #20  

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone View Post
CEREAL. That is an absolutely HUGE one for me. The problem I have is that I like my kids having it. It's easy and cheap. The type I buy is healthy too. The problem is I will eat 1/2 the friggin' box! ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGH!!!!

I could binge lots of things but nothing else is in the house to binge--just necessary staples--salmon, turkey, fruits, veggies, eggs, almond milk.

No wonder I go to the cereal! LOL!
Hey, I am a cereal binger too...even Honey Nut Cheerios...I stopped buying them, just the plain now. I also liked Berry Special K - stopped that too. Its hard with kids cuz they like good stuff. I do like a big bowl of popcorn, I just make 1/2 cup so I figure that with the oil its made in its about 300 calories.
Laurie
Laurie OP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: afraid to find out

Height: 5'5

one thing i find helpful with cereal and other foods is i have to tell myself i can still have it, its not gone forever. I bought some of the snack size ziploc bags and portion everything out. That way if I have to have something I count it. So if I want the cereal and I eat three bags of it atleast I know what I ate. This way nothing is a bad choice. I had pizza rolls and garlic rolls last night. Was it a good healthy choice? no obviously not, but i wrote it down and even though i could have made a better choice i am letting it go and staying on program. Will I do this with everything? Probably not but I am trying and at the end of the day I think its about doing the best you can and celebrating the little victories.

For emotional eaters like me I am finding its the mental victories that are most important.

Good luck and hang inthere.
Mary Ellen
maryellenatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:35 PM   #22  
Happiness

S/C/G: 165/165/135

Height: 5'9"

Peanuts or any food made with peanuts are triggers. Cookies too.

One day after a binge I'll decide I'm finished with those foods and will never buy them again and the next thing you know I'm in Wal-Mart at 12am getting more cookies and a jar of peanut butter.

Deprivation works for me. Moderation is not in my vocabulary. If I eat one cookie I eat 12. The only way for me not to eat 12 cookies is to not eat any at all.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote