Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 PM   #1  

Unhappy Fell off the wagon

Well, on Sunday evening I fell off the wagon and ate some fruit gushers, ice cream, and Little Debbie Swiss rolls. I felt like absolute crap the day after( although due in part to the fact that I b/p rather than just binge). So why did I eat more ice cream today??? I don't know what is causing this, except for maybe right now my mother is using her surgery to completely control me, my dad is on her side, and I have no control over my daily life.

I am going to go the gym and tomorrow will be a fresh day. No binging!
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/201/140

Height: 5'9

This whole last week for me was a write-off. I was very good. As usual. Then wham, there was a party, so I had lots of chips, beer, hot dogs, then it spiraled. Now a week later and I havent been to the gym once!
blah, i know how you feel... tomorrow!
maggiesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:20 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9"

Trust me, it happens. That's life! I'm glad you realize tomorrow is a whole new day
luvja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 220/220/150

Height: 165cm

My dilemma has always been that I strive for perfection when I start my weight loss routines. If I screw up I use that as an excuse to fall off the wagon with the plan to get back on after I have binged on everything in sight!! You have the right attitude - accept the bump in the road, but keep working towards your goal. Consistency is the key, pick yourself up and go, go, go!!
swan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

Welcome back on the wagon. Hold on tight!
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 02:20 AM   #6  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I have been doing horrible all week. I want to say today will be a new start. But,I dont know...
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:23 AM   #7  
Yay!

S/C/G: 252/seeticker/195

Height: 1,83/ 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachykeen62 View Post
Well, on Sunday evening I fell off the wagon and ate some fruit gushers, ice cream, and Little Debbie Swiss rolls. I felt like absolute crap the day after( although due in part to the fact that I b/p rather than just binge). So why did I eat more ice cream today??? I don't know what is causing this, except for maybe right now my mother is using her surgery to completely control me, my dad is on her side, and I have no control over my daily life.

I am going to go the gym and tomorrow will be a fresh day. No binging!
There is a theory out there that would explain it. I believe it cause it makes sense but its up to you:

have you been depriving your body of ALL source of sugar including fruits and natural sugar such as honey. If so its your body's way to tell you DONT DO IT. although it is proven that cutting carbs and sugar completly from your diet (what you eat) helps you lose weight it has a terrible effect after a couple days even weeks...

Your body needs sugar and carbs. it needs the good ones. For example, your body does need wholegrain instead of white flour to help you diggest the food you eat. when we say carbs we say sugar. Its the basic of your body. It transforms everything into sugar to burn it. if you cut it completly, sure you will burn the fat you might have but you are creating a need for sugar that you wouldnt feel if you were eating moderate portion of fruits and natural sugar such as sugar cane and honey.

I had the same problem as you until I tried seeing fruits as dessert and I do treat myself once a week with chocolate (dark preferrable if you like it)

At the end of the day, you want to keep on track not deprive your body and feel guilty when you actually cheat. And the most important thing is this: if you do cheat one day, THATS OKAY girl! We all have bad day diet, just smile the next day and tell yourself, NOT TODAY!!!
Zofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:43 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

it sounds like you are using the b/p as a way to control some circumstances in your life.

Normally a binge produces weight gain. The purger knows that. The purge is the ability to control the negative consequences. I got a "high" feeling from knowing that 10,000 cs of binge would not affect my weight.

I was very upset about all of the things I couldn not control in my life. b/p was a way to control something.

You need to SPEAK OUT to your mother and father. Another thing you can do is SIMPLY NOT LET HER CONTROL YOU. b/p addicts can usually not say no, and are people pleasers by nature.

When you feel her manipulating you, say I'm sorry mom, but I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS. I need to have some control in my life. Speak up now, before it gets worse.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #9  

Thanks for the supportive words everyone. While I did get back on the wagon, I had a couple minor blips(read: scoops of ice cream) but nothing horrendous.

I have been eating sugar, mostly bananas and plums and the occasional scoop of Haagen-Daazs fat free sorbet. I also like to put honey in Greek yogurt. It's sooooo gooood.

Tracy- Getting back after letting go of good habits is really difficult. I find myself in the mindset that since I've already failed, I don't deserve to eat healthy: why bother if I'm just going to screw it up again? I have to convince myself that I AM worth it and my body DOES deserve to be healthy. Congrats on your weight loss success so far and I'm sure you will have much more to accomplish
girlonfire is offline   Reply With Quote