3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   what a difference?! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/177199-what-difference.html)

jendiet 07-21-2009 12:55 PM

what a difference?!

I can see why fast 5 works for me. If i start eating early it is like there are no breaks. I decided to up my calories by eating breakfast and lunch.

omg, I'm already at 970. That is 500 calories a meal.

for breakfast: 1 bowl high fiber cereal 1 1/2 cups
milk 1/2 cup
prunes 1 serving

lunch 2 slices 15 grain whole wheat bread
1 pc cheese
5 slices turkey
mayo 1 tsp
tomato, onion, baby spinach
dorito chips 1 serving
1 50 cs cookie

when I do fast 5 I can barely eat 1350 calories.

I am allowing my calories to go up to 1600 today. I will reach that easily if I eat another 500 cs meal and a snack!

beerab 07-21-2009 01:35 PM

Never heard of the diet- how does it work? Just curious :)

annie175 07-21-2009 02:00 PM

1 1/2 cups of cereal is a lot of cereal and carbs. Try FF cheese instead and diet bread, lite mayo, skim milk. That would save you a lot of cals.

jendiet 07-21-2009 03:56 PM

Thanks Annie, I am just not a fan of diet foods. I'd rather eat less than eat them. Plus I needed the fiber in that cereal.

I haven't been snacking at all...just drinking my green tea. So I am pretty sure I will be ok and make 1600 cs.

Beerab, fast-5 is where you only eat 5 hours a day. I usually start at 3pm and stop at 8 pm or 2pm til 7pm.

beerab 07-21-2009 05:07 PM

Oh... I don't think I could do that lol. But sounds interesting. I'd probably binge for five hours :(

jendiet 07-21-2009 06:04 PM

lol..beerab! heh. I thought I would too. It is interesting isn't it?

seagirl 07-21-2009 06:39 PM

I follow you with interest, Jendiet, not in a stalkerish way but because I can't imagine eating that way so I find it interesting. I need to have 900 calories between breakfast and lunch or I have difficulty functioning (and most people like their attorney to be able to function....)

Just a note about the disclaimer on their site:
Quote:

The Fast-5 Diet should not be used by children, pregnant women, or women who may be pregnant. Anyone with any long-term medical condition or taking any prescribed medicine should consult their health care provider prior to undertaking this or any other diet. Obesity (more than 20% overweight) should be considered a long-term medical condition.
I guess I have 5 hours through out the day where I eat, they are just spread out at 6, 10, 12, and 5. Ok, 4 hours.

jendiet 07-21-2009 07:10 PM

you can follow me all you want seagirl. I don't mind.

Well I topped out at 1700 still less than maintenance but a good pinch over 1200-1300 I have been getting. I'm going back to fast-5 tomorrow to see if I can't jog my metabolism a little.

kittycat40 07-21-2009 07:13 PM

Hey Jen, are you green teaing it from 7a until 3p? How long are you WAITING to eat?
Lately I need to eat something within 2 to 3 hours of waking up.

you sound happy and enthusiatic. I'm psyched for you. :)

jendiet 07-22-2009 02:07 PM

thank you. I am happy and enthusiastic about this. For the first time in 3 years I am winning THIS BATTLE. I wish the rest of my life were going as smooth as my diet thing! God will never put more on me than I can bear.

I actually have not been drinking tea, just water with lemon until 3 pm. I just stay busy and DRINK THAT WATER.

When my window is 3pm-8 pm. My stomach usually starts growling at 9 am. That passes though. Then around 1pm I get another hunger kick. The signals die down and then I can make it to 3 pm with very mild hunger.

So if I finish dinner at 8pm. I do not eat again until 3pm the next day. That should be 19 hours. During my eating window I drink green tea because it is lightly sweetened with honey. I could just drink plain green tea during my fasting hours though.