3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Binge-free challenge ~ July 20 - 26

Old 07-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #31
~jus' being me~

Mere I loooooooooooove that you say that you are feeling stronger!!!!

Congrats on a great day WormwoodDoll!
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:27 AM   #32

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

Thanks for the much needed support yesterday, it did help. Now though I have my usual post binge migraine so I heading off to get some medication, put on my sunglasses and rest up whilst the family are all out.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:39 AM   #33
~jus' being me~

I feel you Nicki!!! I hate the next day food hangover, dehydration, gurgly guts and often times the migraine. Good plan on drugging up early. Get lots of water in you and get some rest.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:44 AM   #34

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Bucket...I think there is definitely a difference between overeating and binging. But that difference is different for different people. What I might just consider overeating, some might think of as a binge...and so on. It's whatever feels right to YOU. Generally, I know if I feel guilty/ashamed about what I've eaten or if I physically feel awful, then that is a binge to me.

Jen...deep breath, girl! I hate feeling stressed, and staying out of the kitchen is totally the right thing to do! I hope you're feeling better today!

Ebb and WardHog...I hope your Day 1 went well! You can do it!

I loved that poem Danni...I'm gonna print it out and hang it up by my desk. I think I need to read it often, lol.

Well, there is once again a sour cream coffee cake in my house. It's the only thing my mom knows how to bake and she'll occasionally make like 5 of them at once. I had just a bite of a piece my brother was eating last night. Kind of calmed the craving that had been building from smelling them being baked all day! I can honestly say that while I'd like to have a huge piece I'm not actively craving it. That's a big thing! I think having that little bite last night helped. Gosh, sometimes I wonder if I'm going to spend the rest of my life analyzing every little thing I eat and how it makes me feel. I sure hope not. I wonder if I'll ever get to the point where I can just eat normally. Given my history, I'm thinking the answer is "no" and I'm not really sure how that makes me feel...maybe a little sad.

“Always behave like a duck — keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.” –Jacob Braude
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #35
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Height: 5'8"

I did it! I did it! La La La La la la!

I made it a complete day without a binge! I ate one thing that wasn't on the plan, but single serving and it wasn't a binge! Today will be my Day 2. I haven't make it through a complete day without inhaling something.

ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #36

S/C/G: 211/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Ebb congratulations!! Foxxy, I know what you mean--you kind of feel handicapped.

Well, I am NOT going to binge today because of stress, frustration and the scale NOT moving.

the scale not moving brings the thoughts "you NEVER really will lose anymore weight. You are stuck. YOu might as well have something you enjoy"

blah, blah, blah...

I wish what I was seeing on the scale was just premenstrual crap..but I'm not supposed to get my period on these meds...i did last month, but I don't think I took it right. I started wayyy earlier this month...

at this rate, I don't think I will make my goal of 170 lbs by mid-August.

Last edited by jendiet : 07-23-2009 at 12:52 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #37
Little One

S/C/G: 218/189/140

Height: 5'4'

Day one

Again

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, though it may be necessary, from time to time, to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye." - Miss Piggy
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #38
Maintaining almost 1 yr!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'9"

Danni - Thanks girly! It's the support from the AWESOME ladies like you that makes me feel strong! It's just so *good* to be able to come somewhere where you know you'll be understood and not judged, ya know? We all need a little love and understanding, especially when we mess up a little--and this thread really does help, not just for accountability but for building myself back up... No longer feeling like a fraud, but instead making myself see that I actually AM the healthy person I want to be!

Nicki54 - Ahhh yes, the "food hangover," I know it well...!! Sometimes the only way I'm able to talk myself out of binging is by reminding myself how absolutely disgusting I'll feel the next morning (since I almost always do it at night, before bed). The bloating, awful gas, nausea, and general achiness of my whole body... Knowing that I desperately need to work out to try to burn off at least a little of what I ate, and yet feeling way too disgusting even to get out of bed, let alone hop on the elliptical, heh. It's just not worth it, and I *know* that, but somehow I'm able to talk myself into binging anyways. Anyways, I second the suggestions to drink LOTS of water and get some rest! Feel better, hon!

foxxy511 - Oh dear, that sour cream coffee cake sounds amazing... And I'm a vegan! ((Though, uh, to be perfectly honest, my veganism was definitely on hold during those binges of the past few weeks - it's sooo much more "convenient" to binge on foods with dairy/egg in them - but I *am* a vegan, and I'm getting back to it!)) Seeeerious kudos to you for not going crazy with the cake. I'm terrified of the countless boxes of cake/brownie/cookie mix in our pantry, because I fear that if someone in my family actually MAKES one of these things, I will eat the entire pan... Eeeeek. So now you have to stay strong with this cake, so you can be my inspiration if/when the situation arises!! Hehe.

ebb&flow - WTG on your binge-free day!! We are all so proud of you, chicky!

jendiet - Yeah, I know that feeling... I'm totally not going to lecture you on the miracle of plateaus () and how they're pretty much inevitable, but I WILL say that yeah, they suck, and I certainly don't envy you--but I am SO proud that you're not letting it beat you. And OMG, your post was like something that I could have written myself, because the words "might as well" were like my best friends in the past few weeks, heh. As in, I already had 4 cookies, so I might as well have ten more, or I'm going to start over and be totally binge-free tomorrow, so I might as well have one reeeeally good binge tonight! Baaaaah. Not gonna lie, I kind of hate myself for knowing that I can ever actually see that as acceptable logic. I've decided that "might as well" is NOT allowed to be part of my vocabulary anymore, heh. Glad to see that you're not standing for any of that crap, either!!

SweetCurves32 - The important thing is that you're starting over instead of slipping further. Onwards and upwards!

Day 5 for me today, and I am really feeling pretty good! I've lost more of my water weight and am (quite happily!!) back in the 150s... Not to mention that I worked out both yesterday and today, so I'm rebuilding that habit, which feels great. Seriously, I think the fact that the ONLY reason why I didn't gain, like, 50 lbs in the past few weeks is because I also pumped my workouts waaaay up at the same time, heh (cuz it certainly wasn't because of any good judgment shown in my eating choices ). Last week was okay even though I couldn't get to the gym cuz I was on vacation, because we still did a LOT of active things (ropes course, white-water rafting, swimming at the beach, etc) and I didn't binge for most of the week. But after not working out over the weekend, I was really starting to feel disgusting, so I'm really glad to be getting back to my usual routine. And I'm even starting to *feel* a little slimmer, though I know it's mostly in my head, LOL. Gotta love all those endorphins!

Good luck to everyone today!!
Mini-goal #1: 243 REACHED 8/11/08! Mini-goal #2: 223 REACHED 9/29/08! Mini-goal #3: 199 REACHED 11/14/08!
Mini-goal #4: 183 REACHED 1/15/09! Mini-goal #5: 163 REACHED 4/26/09!

*GOAL REACHED* - June 17, 2009 - 150 lbs!
Mini-Goal #5 Progress Pics! (-100 lbs!) <-- Updated 4/26/09!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 11:17 PM   #39
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Star2Be, I was wondering where ya went! I was anxious for your girl pictures. I needed some inspiration. Good to see you back!! & Yay for losing more of that annoying water weight!

ebb&flow, congrats on day #2!!

jendiet, I'm sorry about the scale not budging. Keep your head up. You've done great so far!

SweetCurves32, you can do it!

Day #4 for me. I'm happy.

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle choice!
Sexy By Halloween Challenge 2012

The journey continues...
Mini goal #1: 238 | Mini Goal #2: 215 | Mini Goal #3: 199
Mini Goal #4: 180 | Mini Goal #5: 169 | Final Goal #6: 150

[/font]
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 04:09 AM   #40
I shall be released...

I am still OK but tonight has been hard. I had a bowl of cereal for breakfast then a salad for lunch. With plenty of calories left over, I had a 500-600 calorie meal for supper. I wasn't satisfied though and when my husband went for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, I had one as well. It wasn't the smartest choice, but it wasn't really detrimental to my day either. However, it triggered all kinds of cravings for things like fried eggs, pancakes, pizza, hot dogs, cookies... the list goes on. Even though I'm not really hungry, I feel like I am and I just want to eat until I'm stuffed. I'm certain that I won't be giving in. I came here to keep my mind occupied and I'm sucking on a Tic-Tac to keep my mouth occupied.

Last edited by JustSharing83 : 07-24-2009 at 04:10 AM.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:40 AM   #41
~jus' being me~

Good job Beth and everyone else

I have had a pretty good day today. Have eaten for hunger only and spent the afternoon pre-cooking some food for next week. Makes it much easier just to grab a frozen pre-cooked meal and take it to work so am glad I got that out of the way early.

I went and got my nails done today too and got some cute work tops. I think feeling good in clothes that fit me now is really important. Having said that I am REALLY looking forward to giving these cute clothes away when they get too big

Got all the laundry done before the weekend - woot!

Hope everyone has a great Friday.

Last edited by Madison : 07-24-2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 07:52 AM   #42

S/C/G: 270/270/154

Height: 5' 9"

I managed to stay binge free all day yesterday mainly because I felt so poorly. I'm still bingefree so far today and I've been up since 5.30am GMT. and it's now 11.50am GMT. So far so good.

Nicki
Nicki54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #43

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

Ebb & Nicki... Congrats on making it through the day! I'm positive today will go just as well!

Jen...goals with deadlines are always so hard. Look at all you've accomplished so far! Even if you don't make your deadline, the success you've had so far is still important and you should be proud!

Danni...I got all my laundry done yesterday too! I needed to do it so bad...I actually had to go out and buy more underwear because I ran out, I'm such a procrastinator, lol

Star2Be
...The last bad binge I went on all began with a graduation cake. Baked goods are totally my weakness, I can't stop myself! But, I didn't touch the coffee cake yesterday and I'm not going to today either (if I keep telling myself that, it'll come true, haha). Good for you for getting back into your routine...that's always the hardest part for me!

Wormwood...congrats on Day 4! You are totally sending out positive vibes too, gotta love it!

JustSharing
...good job on not following through with those cravings! Keep your mouth AND hands busy...that usually works for me.

My trainer took my measurements at the gym today, I was down at least a half inch in most places (woot!) except my waist (boo...and what the heck?) but I was pretty pleased with the results, especially since the scale has refused to move much in the last two months. It's been a good week though...Happy Friday everyone! (Although it's the start of my "work week" since I work weekends, oh well!)

“Always behave like a duck — keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.” –Jacob Braude
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #44
Maintaining almost 1 yr!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'9"

WormwoodDoll - Thanks girl! And yeah, for some reason I just never really got around to posting my goal pics/story before I lapsed into my binging on the past few weeks... I definitely intend to take care of that once I get back down to goal! Hehe.

JustSharing83 - Eh, I can't blame you for giving into the temptation of the PB&J, since that is once of my huuuugest triggers. But WELL DONE stopping after one sandwich, even despite all of the cravings that came with it! Like you said, the one sandwich isn't going to ruin your calorie count for the day, but you might've gotten yourself into "trouble" if you'd given into the rest of the urges, heh. Keep munching those TicTacs! I'm so proud of you for coming here instead of binging.

Danni - Good going with cooking healthy meals in advance so they'll be ready for you later! As we all know, one of the biggest problems with trying to eat healthily is that 90% of the time it's really just more convenient to reach for junk, so it's great that you're making it all the more easy to prepare something good. And YAY, cute clothes and getting your nails done! Sounds like fun.

Nicki54 - Well done staying binge-free for all of yesterday, girly! It looks like you are staying strong so far today, so keep up the good work!

foxxy511 - Aaaah yes, baked goods are one of my worst triggers, too. That along with peanut butter and cereal is enough to do me in for good! Hehe. But great job resisting the cake!! And how awesome that your measurements have gone down some more--IMO that's even better than your weight going down, since it means that you actually *look* different. I mean, it's not like anyone else is privy to the number on your scale, but everyone can see what you look like! Congrats.

As for me, today is day 6 and I'm feeling so good! I was semi-close to binging last night because, quite honestly, I hadn't eaten enough during the day... It was semi-late and I was reading in bed and trying to fall asleep, but I had the WORST "mouth hunger" ever!! I can only assume was my body's reaction to not getting enough food (I was even starting to feel just a teeensy bit weak/dizzy), so it was giving me the inexplicable urge to correct this by eating everything in sight, heh. And it was frustrating, because I knew I should eat something, but it felt like even if I didn't overeat, I would probably have a gain the next morning if I ate that late at night, and the last thing I want is a gain (even a "fake" one) when I feel like I need to be dropping my relapse weight as quickly as possible, you know? Plus I obviously couldn't help but think that if I got started into eating something that late, it would just inevitably turn into a binge like every *other* time I'd eaten late at night in the past few weeks.

Sooo I'm not gonna lie, it almost WAS a binge--when I finally threw off my covers in frustration and headed downstairs to the kitchen, I totally thought I was going to end up binging. But somehow I just - stopped - after only having a bowl of Frosted Flakes. Granted, it was a pretty d*mn big bowl, heh, but even with it being so big, I'm sure it didn't put me over a normal amount of calories for the day... 'Specially with me working out and all. And I ate it really slooowly and actually enjoyed the taste of it--it wasn't like a binge at all, you know? Which is weird, cuz seriously, who knew that I could actually eat cereal without it being part of a binge?! Hehe. I mean, after eating the one bowl, I was like, Well... I guess I'm... Full? and went back up to bed! All the sugar probably made it a little harder to fall asleep, heh, but it somehow it happened. And the best part is, somehow I still managed to be one pound down when I weighed in this morning! All I can say is that the body works in mysterious ways, eh?

Have a good weekend, girls! Good luck to everyone with staying strong and binge-free!
Mini-goal #1: 243 REACHED 8/11/08! Mini-goal #2: 223 REACHED 9/29/08! Mini-goal #3: 199 REACHED 11/14/08!
Mini-goal #4: 183 REACHED 1/15/09! Mini-goal #5: 163 REACHED 4/26/09!

*GOAL REACHED* - June 17, 2009 - 150 lbs!
Mini-Goal #5 Progress Pics! (-100 lbs!) <-- Updated 4/26/09!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 07:16 PM   #45
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/135

Today is day 3. So far, it's going well. I've been staying busy and have been eating mindfully and only until satisfied rather than full or stuffed. Working on emotional issues that are triggering the desire to get something I don't need and munch mindlessly. Daughter is showing signs of digestive issues with food. My son has severe and chronic issues that have led to needing a feeding tube and he only has six foods that he can eat without getting sick. I have hopes that we are going to add more foods for him. Since my daughter started showing signs of the same thing, I have been feeling dread. Now that we have confirmation that what she's been exhibiting are symptoms I want to wrap myself in a cocoon and pretend life is different than it is. Now we have to go through testing to identify exactly what issues she's having, but it all either makes me want to puke (sorry for the vulgarity) or eat and eat. My brain tells me that there is nothing accomplished by me gaining another 10 pounds, but while I'm eating, I don't really care- for a few minutes I feel great. I need strength to just make it through the day, and then do the same thing tomorrow until it's a week or a month later and I'm still in control.

If I'm doing well (two whole days without a binge, 3 at the end of today) then why do I feel like crap?

ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.