Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-14-2009, 02:09 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/120

Height: 5'3"

Well I'm in... but I'm nervous. Tomorrow we're headed to the fair... dun dun dun!!!
happeningf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #17  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default I'm in

I've been on a couple month long binge. Set off by getting a new scale that read 10 pounds heavier than my old one. I then proceeded to gain 8 pounds. Makes sense, right? 15 minutes without a binge. Trying not to feel like a failure and going off on another binge, which would completely make sense, right? Gain weight, feel bad, fix it by gaining more.
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

I love dark chocolate...you're right, I'm gonna have to get some and put it in the freezer. I plan in one sweet treat at night and that may have to be it this week!

I wish I could put the M&Ms up...unfortunately my mom and brothers think it's their god given right to have them within easy reach...so no luck for me!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

OH I see...well foxy, don't worry. You just attack those surgar laden m&m's testing you with some dark chocolate. believe me they will pale in comparison...

ebb--hang in there honey-we all have used REALLY terrible logic in the past concering binges. Get back on track and realize you can do it!

happening, I know it seems cliche--but plan for the fair. eat lightly before you go and then right before you go make sure to eat something light and filling. Then pick 1 or 2 things you know you absolutley love and you can't get anywhere but a fair. If you have a friend with you, share it. That cuts down on calories tons.

AFM: I almost binged on whipped cream NOT realizing I was thirsty. Super thirsty. It started with me taking some pieces of a crepe and squirting some whipped cream in it and rolling it up . Kind of like those REALLY fattening cream horns or creme puffs (which I used to devour!), except a whole crepe has 50 cs and 1 g fat. So I was really pleased at my improvise. But after the crepe. I thought yumm that creme would taste good in my mouth. I sprayed it in my mouth..and savored it...then I was about to squirt some more and the light came on!

I'm trying to drink whipped cream? I'm thirsty!doh!

I can't tell you how many times I have binged on wet, creamy foods just because I was thirsty.

on another good note: I ate pizza tonight. I ate 1 pc of pizza. wow. I put a little ricotta on it. And I knew I would be tempted so I ate a salad with a little sour cream for dressing. I had a cup of cherries with tbsp whipped cream for dessert. I did really well! And even though there were two pieces left--I actually didn't want another piece!

Now I just got to get to my strength training and I will have had a very successful day!

Last edited by jendiet; 07-14-2009 at 08:29 PM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 PM   #20  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

22 days binge free!
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 10:21 PM   #21  

woohoo sweet curves! I'm at 26 days. We've almost been a month!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #22  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Day 3, yo.

Work went well.

Haven't heard from my boyfriend in.. 3 or 4 days. I've gone 4 months without talking to him, but the whole not talking thing is hard the first week no matter the circumstance. Gahh. LDRs are hard.

So I'm craving sweets, but I'm chewing on gum instead of making room for something else. Chewing on this stuff is a lot better then emotional eating, which I need to get out of the habit of doing when I feel crappy. So. Today went well!

Tomorrow ahoy!
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #23  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Day 3 today. Not gonna lie, I was semi-close to binging tonight... It feels especially ridiculous thinking of it now because since I'm on vacation, the only foods available to me are the stuff that my friend's family (my "hosts" on this trip) stocked in the kitchen, i.e. NOT stuff that is all that tempting to me, or my particular favorites or anything like that... I just wanted to binge, and was about to do it (yet again) on foods that I don't even like! Makes no sense whatsoever. I'm lucky that my friend's family was all around, so I basically couldn't binge by default because they all would have seen it and been like "WTF?" Haha. Since I want to be totally honest about this, I feel like I should confess that I did have an extremely brief vision of waiting until everyone else went to bed and then binging in "privacy"--man, how can that feel SO embarrassing to say now and yet seem perfectly acceptable then!? ...BUT, it was a very fleeting thought, and luckily I had the sense to go up to bed instead (and log on to 3FC while sitting in bed, just for good measure!). Heh.

I'm glad that I'm holding strong so far... Even though I did have that brief urge to binge, it definitely didn't feel quite as strong as it has been recently. It was almost like, I was meeting the temptation dead on and completely embracing the fact that, yes, I REALLY wanted to binge, but I knew that I wasn't going to. I guess it's that second part - the security in knowing that no matter how badly I want to binge, I am *not* going to do it - that makes the difference!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:08 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 272/ticker/145

Height: 5'9

So far, I'm 37 days binge-free! Today is actually the one-year anniversary of me getting serious about losing weight and completely changing my eating habits. I can't believe it's been a year already! I had so much weight to lose and it was so daunting, but taking day-by-day really helped. And I'm still taking it just day-by-day. Because I have control over today and I can make today a good day! Can you tell I'm in a very positive mood today

Jen...that's so funny about drinking the whipped cream! It's good that you realized you were just thirsty, I'm not sure I would have made the connection! And yay for only eating one piece of pizza...you are a stronger woman than I am!

Happening...let us know how the fair goes today! Drink a lot of water, if you fill up on water and stay hydrated, you'll be less likely to snack! But, I agree with Jen...share whatever food you eat there!

Bucket..chewing gum was definitely the smart choice! It's a habit I'm picking up too. Whenever I feel the need to senselessly stick food in my mouth, I try to either drink a big glass of water or chew some gum! What are your favorite brands? I'm shopping around and trying a ton, lol.

Meredith.. good for you for holding strong! I think the temptation comes from the food just BEING there, ya know? At least, that's my problem. And let me tell you, I have extremely brief visions almost EVERY night of waiting for my Mom and brothers to go to bed so I can eat. It's, like, automatic because it's what I ALWAYS used to do. But, instead, I brush my teeth and then lock myself in my room...once I'm upstairs, I'm way to lazy to go back down, haha. I think that facing temptation and holding strong should be a major confidence booster and a sign that you most definitely CAN DO THIS.

Have a good day everyone!! Today is going to be challenging for me because I can't eat dinner like I normally do and I'm going to the movies tonight with some friends (Harry Potter, haha!). I'm just going to try and pack healthy snacks and make sure I have some Points left over for after the movie, cause I KNOW I'm going to want to snack when I get home!
foxxy511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:42 AM   #25  

omg, good idea foxxy. Definitely stay AWAY from the food. I like to lock myself away in my room too. Brushing your teeth also daunts you from wanting to stick anything in your mouth.

I used to do that. Wait til everyone was gone somewhere and then eat a pack of cookies and half a gallon of icecream than I would feel sick and throw up. Or go to the store and buy 6 candybars and eat them in one sitting...Then I would feel terrible about that, which would produce another binge. Nasty cycle. Just stay away from the food. Catch yourself before you do it.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #26  
Little One

S/C/G: 208/208/165

Height: 5'4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendiet View Post
woohoo sweet curves! I'm at 26 days. We've almost been a month!
Woohoo!! Congratulations! Keep up the good work! 23 days strong!

I also agree with brushing your teeth. I know that for me, brushing my teeth is sort of a signal that I am done eating.

Last edited by SweetCurves32; 07-15-2009 at 09:12 PM.
SweetCurves32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 PM   #27  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

I am NOT going to binge tonight. NOT going to do it. NOT. If I come here and promise that to you ladies right here and now, I'll have no choice but to follow it! ...Right?

foxxy511 - Wow, congrats to you on the 37 binge-free days, and especially on celebrating your one-year "anniversary"!!! I am SO impressed and proud of you, chicky! And thanks for the reminder to take it on a day-by-day basis; I needed that, heh. Have fun at the movies tonight! I'm seeing HP on Friday and I can't WAIT.

jendiet - Ohhh yes, I know that cycle very well... After the binge I always tell myself, "Next time I'll just power through the craving and NOT give into it, and I'll be able to avoid all of these horrible feelings" (both mental and physical), but unfortunately that doesn't always work. Hindsight is 20/20, ain't it?

Unfortunately, waiting for the rest of my family to go to bed was basically the only way I could "get away" with my binges over the past couple weeks... Because they all think of me as being very healthy now and would deffffinitely notice if they suddenly saw me eating huge quantities of junk! Though my mother has essentially accused me of being anorexic on several occasions, too, so perhaps she'd actually be relieved to see me eating! Ugh, how messed up is that? And I'm not gonna lie, somehow something about binging like that *still* appeals to me in some sick way--my secretive little late-night trysts, just me, the TV, and massive piles of food... I want to be disgusted by the thought - really, I do! - but the reality is that I really am having a lot of difficulty fighting the urge... Even though I *know* that it makes me feel absolutely horrible... Something about it is still "fun", you know? I think it's going to take quite a bit of time before I can adjust my mindset back to the point where I really and truly don't want to binge... I KNOW it's possible, because I reached that point this Spring, but it kinda seems like a distant memory right now.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:47 PM   #28  

what doesn't sound fun about free uninhibited eating? The only bad part is weight gain. Maybe we yearn deep down for when we didn't care about what the extra food would do. I myself believe in having one day a week of no holds barred.

foxxy yeah! You're over a month! And congrats on the anniversary!!!

I am actually so content on this WOE...I guess because I go without eating until 2 pm. I do get hungry, but it's only tough 1 hour before the window opens. Then I really appreciate the food coming to me. When I do eat I feel so satisfied. A couple hours later I eat again, and the food tastes so wonderful and I get so full again. Then I stop all food 5 hours after I have my first meal and I don't think about it anymore.

I really recommend at least 1 DAY of this type of eating for a habitual binger. It always gets rid of my need to binge. Something about it resets you. Especially when you feel those first hunger pangs--that are real.

There is no, I want a snack but what fits into my calorie plan? Or if I eat this for lunch what can I have for dinner? And I DON'T MISS breakfast. There is no snacking at night once the window closes--I go back to water only.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:57 PM   #29  
One decision at a time.

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

Default didn't make it today

Tomorrow's another day and another chance for good decisions.
ebb&flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #30  
~jus' being me~

Meredith . . . I TOTALLY understand your post. I look back to the times when I had NO desire to fill myself to the gills with food and I love that I hav experienced that bcos it means that if I aim my compass in the right direction (and lucky my iphone comes with one ha! ) then I know I can get back "there" again.

Sometimes I do miss the very act of filling myself with vast quantities of food. I am not doing it these days, but its still there.

I think the more you resist - actually that is the wrong word . . . the more you LIVE a different way, the more you fill yourself with things that speak to your soul the less you need that.

I have been thinking about what the act of eating 'does' for me . . . and I have not been able to pin point it completely . . . as I thought that if I did then I cold substitute a different behaviour to give me the same feelings, but am still not 100% sure.

I did though come to the realisation that I miss travelling. For me hopping on a plane is like breathing . . . I need. to. do. it. I made the decision last year to put it on hold bcos I am looking at buying a house . . . it has been the worst thing for me. My energy just feels 'off', I miss my friends in the USA and I realised that denying that part of me is not helpful.

So I have been thinking about my next trip and I already feel good at having something to look forward to in 2010

Things are going ok here, I have been consumed with work and am hoping that next week is a better one. I actually miss the gym . . .

Hope you are all having a great week!

Last edited by Madison; 07-16-2009 at 12:14 AM.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote