Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-07-2009, 03:40 PM   #1  
Chubby Runner

S/C/G: 150.8/145.8/125

Height: 5'7

Default Major disgusting BINGE...

Ugh, I did it again...

I just had a pretty huge, nasty binge- a big bowl full of granola with a banana on top, a cold pork chop with a ton of BBQ sauce and an entire package of wheat spaghetti with a whole can of garbanzo beans in it, (all in about an hour's time- I ate the other stuff while the pasta was cooking)...

Embarrassing to admit, but I think I'd better- that's why I'm here. Also, I want to go right back to the fridge again right now and have more, and I'm hoping to stop myself by posting.

In the moment self-analysis:

Am I sad about something? - NO

Am I stressed-out? - Nope

Did I let myself get too hungry before the binge? - No, I had breakfast this morning

Was I craving anything? - YES, starch & sugar

Do I have PMS? BINGO!!! (Only 2 or three days before the red tide rises)

I hate, hate HATE PMS- it always undermines all my hard weight loss effort...

Last edited by moxiegrl; 07-07-2009 at 04:34 PM.
moxiegrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:09 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It's hard but I actually didn't binge this time before my TOM! I was shocked cuz I didn't realize till yesterday what I didn't do!

Hey at least you know what it is- maybe next time choose ONE thing you really want and take your time eating it?
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:33 PM   #3  
Chubby Runner

Congrats to you for not PMS binging! My appetite or cravings or whatever get so out of control a few days before TOM every month.

I think I was trying to just make that spaghetti, but you know how you're going crazy to eat something and the water takes FOREVER to boil, and then the pasta takes FOREVER to cook? Well, I guess I just couldn't wait, (even the thought that I was going to be eating an ENTIRE package of spaghetti & an ENTIRE can of garbanzo beans didn't stop me)... It's like I just go temporarily insane sometimes, and I don't give a crap about anything or anyone else- not my health, not my weight, not my dreams & goals, NOTHING...

Ugh, I feel sick & yet I still want to eat more food, although I haven't had anything else yet. (Thank goodness I'm going for a long run later on & I'll be having a salad with my husband for dinner tonight!)

Last edited by moxiegrl; 07-07-2009 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 04:37 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

Thank you for posting. It is really hard when you have PMS. I've noticed that chocolate actually tastes better to me during that time. I've also read that we burn more calories then (something like 200-300 cals/day), so there is a legitimate hunger going on.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:51 PM   #5  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I log my weight on DietPower and it gives me a few more calories in the budget for Flo days, so it must be so.

Well done for calling the binge disgusting, not yourself. You have good self-image.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #6  
Chubby Runner

Hey Amy,
EVERYTHING tastes better to me during PMS, especially if it's in extremely large quantities! That's really interesting, though, about how we burn more calories at that time- makes sense!

Ailidh,
Thanks! I used to hate myself & I had terrible self-esteem, (and go figure- I weighed about 116lbs at that time, but it wasn't about my weight, really.) Now that I'm getting more (ahem) "mature," though, I actually like the person whom I've become. I honestly see myself as 99% happy & healthy, and that other one percent is just what I like to refer to as my little "food glitch."

I'm determined to get my food glitch figured out and get over it somehow though, and someday soon I'm going to be 100% happy!

Last edited by moxiegrl; 07-07-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 07-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

aww! hun! Well you have the right idea. A salad for dinnner is really all you need as your body digests all that food.

TOM makes me nuts too. I'm sorry you are dealing with that pain. You can't go back just move foward making wise food choices. nothing wrong with spaghetti--just not a whole box. Sounds like you got some good fiber with the garbanzo beans. Actually, I think you were craving iron. I always crave iron at that time of month. A really high source of iron is liver (eww, but if you can stand it). I have to eat oysters--because they taste alot better than liver to me--they are pretty high in iron too.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:05 PM   #8  
Chubby Runner

Heeey, really good call about the iron! I was actually craving a can of black beans,(very high in iron), but I didn't have any. I always crave black beans during PMS! Now you have me thinking that I might need to start taking an extra iron pill in addition to my multi, (maybe that would help with the koo-koo cravings?)

Quote:
A salad for dinnner is really all you need as your body digests all that food
Yeah, it did help, (and so did going for a seven-mile run last night, although it felt like I was lugging along a ten-pound watermelon in my stomach for awhile!)

Quote:
Sounds like you got some good fiber with the garbanzo beans.
Yeah, and the pasta was whole wheat, too.

Quote:
I have to eat oysters
Hmmm, I wonder if that's why I crave sardines during PMS? I NEVER eat them or think about them at any other time of the month, but right now I could sure go for a can, (but just not ten cans, right?)

Today I don't feel any crazy binges wanting to happen, (in fact I still feel kind of full from yesterday), so I think I'm firmly back on track now!

Last edited by moxiegrl; 07-08-2009 at 12:13 PM.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 PM   #9  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

I have beyond awful pms. It is definitely pmdd. I have been on birth control pills and had awful pms even on those. I switched to continuous use (similar to seasonale) and my quality of life has improved. drastically.
kittycat40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #10  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

Props to you for coming in here and admitting it. Honesty is a HUGE step. Can completely relate to that feeling of "just wanting to eat" although for me, it's not even restricted to those days around my "TOM"...

Hang in there and keep coming back!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 04:54 PM   #11  
Chubby Runner

Quote:
I have beyond awful pms. It is definitely pmdd.
Funny, I was just now researching PMDD before I came here! I definitely have it too- it's like I become a completely different person around this time every month. I normally take really good care of myself, (I work out, I eat really healthy, I have good personal hygiene, I do my hair & makeup every day, etc.), I take good care of my house & yard, I have a ton of hobbies & interests, I'm a very nice person... At this time of the month, however, all that stuff goes right out the window & I just want to lay around the house in my sweats, all greasy with unbrushed teeth & a black cloud of gloom & depression hanging over my head, and I want to just eat and eat and eat...

It's like I feel hopeless, and I can't even focus on writing or drawing or making music or anything, (not that I even want to during that time anyway.) Like I said, it's like I don't give a crap about anything, even being alive, really. I'm also either acting like a totally detached zombie or I'm a complete b***ch. The second my period starts, though, BOOM- I'm back to my happy, normal self again. Weird...

I've tried so many things over the years too, like calcium & fish oil & St. John's Wort & Pamprin, you name it- and nothing has helped me so far.

I guess I should see a doctor about it, but unfortunately I also have a phobia of doctors...
Old 07-08-2009, 04:57 PM   #12  
Chubby Runner

Quote:
Props to you for coming in here and admitting it. Honesty is a HUGE step.
Thanks, I'm trying to get it out in the open now instead of hiding it, and hopefully it'll actually help me...
Old 07-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #13  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

For me I have to drink milk when I'm on my period- never drink milk ANY time but then.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #14  
WaLk-iT-OuT

S/C/G: 179/160/125

Dude ... I totally know what you mean! Right before TOM shows up i have major saltly/ sweet cravings. I try not to go overboard with it, but it never fails that i end up eating something off plan!

Last edited by misspiggy408; 07-09-2009 at 12:45 AM. Reason: it saved itself before i could finish!! LOL
misspiggy408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:10 AM   #15  
Chubby Runner

What is this "try not to go overboard" thing you speak of???

(Me might have to try sometime)...

Seriously, I wish I could stop myself from doing it before I do it, but it's like the call of the food is just too strong, and it overrides my regular mental programming, or something...

(sigh)... I guess I'll just have to keep trying...