Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-06-2009, 07:40 AM   #1  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up Binge-free challenge ~ July 6 - 12

Good Monday morning, chickies! Let's make this a binge-free week. All are welcome!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:43 AM   #2  
~jus' being me~

Thanks fo starting us up!! Today was good for me but I am feeling after a week of free falling and just working on eating when I am hungry that I am ready to kick it up a notch . . . not sure what that means but maybe eating like I am but starting to *gulp* count calories. Yowza.
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:13 AM   #3  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

I really need to join this. I don't know how i missed this thread b4. I seem to do great,and then have an all &out binge! [Way too often]Hopefully,this will help!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I'm here! Day 15!

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Hi, Danni Good luck with counting calories! It's not all that hard once you get into the swing of things.

Tracy. I know that you can do this! Whatever you need, we're here for you!

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 07-06-2009 at 10:21 AM.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 11:50 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

day 18. I am focusing on dealing with the emotions that drive me to eat...

whether it be boredom
anger
sadness
guilt

whatever. I am going to log each and every time I want to eat out of an emotion rather than physical hunger.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:17 PM   #6  
Lau

S/C/G: 113/113/100

Height: 5'4.5

Count me in! I'm not really binging as much as before, but my Brother did bring home a bag o' chips this morning and I can hear them calling my name from the kitchen cabinet!

Jennifer, I hope you can make it through this week!
Lau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:18 PM   #7  
~jus' being me~

I was feeling really rubbishy yesterday . . . just off . . . but today I am feeling right 'on' . . . that is always a good thing. I am going to have a think about this calorie counting business later on . . . just dont know if I have the enrgy to be that hardcore again, but I do need some boundaries or structure in my day . . . that will be good
Old 07-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #8  

ok, first time today--felt emotionally driven to eat. SO came home. He sat and had a big meal by himself. I had already had my pre-workout meal. I wasn't really supposed to eat alot until my post-workout meal.

But I WANTED to sit down and eat with him. I was tempted to just fix me a full plate--even though I wasn't hungry. Just so I could eat with him....that sounds bad I know.

Instead-I pulled out some watermelon pieces and nibbled on a few chunks.
Old 07-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 186/179/150

Height: 5'7"

I did good last weekend, even with the holiday. Woohoo! At our 4th of July party I had just a burger, some chips, a handful of puppy chow, a few cocktail shrimp, and a piece of cheesecake. I swear I ate 3 or 4x that last year...

I even dropped a pound over the weekend!
Melode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:35 PM   #10  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Day 12.
If someone asks me how my job is going I'd say "Well, I fit in awkwardly with my coworkers, I'm really good at messing up sammiches, and when I'm at home I agonize until I'm in tears and desperately need a hug." But, I'm not giving up on it. I know once I get past this really tough period while I adjust and find my groove, it will be smooth sailing.

Food right now doesn't feel good. At all. It's like led weight going down my throat, and I have absolutely no desire to eat whatsoever. Binging is completely off my mind. My body feels physically numb right now. Seriously. Not without feeling, but the same tingly feeling you get when you're numb and that's all I feel.

What a learning experience this is...
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 04:13 AM   #11  
~jus' being me~

Well done to everyone dodging food when we dont need it!!!

Bucket, I am sorry you are having some anxiety over work . . . I can relate, I am just going through my first financial year end and every moment I turn around I realise there is something I should have done/could have done better etc etc . . . all you can do is learn as much as you can - you are still new so give yourself time to pick up the skills that others have had time to develop

I am just about to head home from work and so far a good day, but my danger zone is at home so expect to see me post ho'ing later on to keep me out of the pantry!

I went to pilates just now so that is a good win for the day. My other goal is to have a filling delish dinner and not snack (unless by some miracle I am still hungry).

Still thinking about this calorie counting or doing a more structured plan. I like structure, and I may be ready to do that again, but dunno if I am ready just yet! I will read some other posts I know I saw earlier on the pro's and con's . . . I saw some excellent posts about this exact same issue.

What kind of "plan" is everyone here doing?

I admit it, I am nosy

Last edited by Madison; 07-07-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:17 AM   #12  

Danni, I'm doing fast 5 but using the principles of working out from lean gains and some other studies. I do low cardio in the morning on an empty stomach. Fast 5 consists of 19 hours fasting.And a 5 hour eating window. When I do eat it is in mini meals. I eat a small pre-workout meal consisting of protein, complex carb and a pc of fruit. Then I do some light weight training. My post workout meal is the same just bigger. It consists of the protein, complex carb, and some simple carb treats. Then I have some light snacks. Once my 5 hour window is up I'm done.

lean gains is another type of this. It shortens the fast to 16 hrs. You can eat from 11am-7pm. (or move it around--it is an 8 hr eating window) On workout days you eat more complex carbs, on non workout days you eat less. The author states a 10 hr window is better for women. ( I find 1pm-2pm the hardest time during the fast)

As a lover of numbers, I calorie counted--but that got too time consuming and I fell in love with weightwatchers point system. I use this to gauge how many calories I am taking in daily.

I need light structure, but freedom, because I am a rebellious and stubborn spontaneous person.

Last edited by jendiet; 07-07-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #13  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Hi everyone,
I did ok yesterday. Today,I hope i get through it w/out a binge. Things ae going on,that make me want to eat,and not stop, But i can't. Because nothing will be resolved once the binge is over.Why do i always turn to food?
Posting this helps,because i know others struggle w/the same issue.Ihave to get through today,because i want to keep on losing!
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:08 AM   #14  

awww Hugs! Bucket. I think you could benefit from a hot bath with some lavender salts. Just sit in there and relax, and think "I'm doing the best I can do" I think you are so overly stressed about not being able to find a job if this doesn't work out you are really taxing your adrenals.

Tracy you are most likely picking up "feel good" chemicals from the eating. The trick is to find something else that gives you these and do it when you feel the urge to eat. For me weight lifting does.
Old 07-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #15  
~jus' being me~

JUst get through the day Tracy . . . just one day! Then tomorrow deal with tomorrow . . .