Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-01-2009, 11:59 AM   #1  

Default Perfection is not an option, but success is!

I fell off last night, and I was a little embarrassed to come on here, just to say I did not stay binge free this week. My single reason for not succeeding all these years is when I mess up I give up. I give it an all or nothing attitude. Which is not good, because even thin people have their holiday or event or whatever where they eat to much of the wrong food. (I suppose they just don't do it often) No one can go their whole life and eat perfectly every single day.

So yesterday I did well until a little before dinner. I really wanted to bake something. Baking used to be a hobby of mine until I started dieting. I've since given it up. I focus more on cooking meals (healthy). While a healthy dinner was cooking, I made an applesauce walnut cake, with home made vanilla icing. Well, I purposely had a ridiculously small amount of dinner (a few bits) knowing I wanted some cake. When the cake was done I had a little larger than normal piece and thank goodness it came out horrible!!! I was so happy that it was pretty gross, even my husband didn't want it. After one piece I just ate some of the icing off the top, since the icing was good.

I ate my piece simply because I wanted something sweet. Then I had a meat ball from hubby's dinner. Then 3 pieces of buttered bread. (ok we use vegetable spread, but still)

When all was said and done, it was like 9:30pm!! This binge was not what it could have been. Had that I followed a recipe I knew (the one I used was a new one I got off online so I didn't know it was going to be gross) and the whole cake was edible, I would have ate the whole thing, I swear.

But this morning, I'm right back on. I must admit that I will mess up again before I reach my goal. And that's ok.
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:03 PM   #2  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

It's okay - toss out the nasty cake and move forward
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 01:10 PM   #3  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Persistance not Perfection!

Last edited by Tracy; 07-01-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 02:00 PM   #4  

Thank you! I threw it away last night. I've never been so grateful that I baked something that didn't turn out well!!
GlamourGirl827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:10 PM   #5  
Searching

Thank you for sharing can do!
rochemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:25 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

How about a new hobby? Something to keep your hands busy? I've been playing video games lol. keeps me from snacking at night
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:31 PM   #7  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

I think that this is an important lesson to remember--at least it is for me! Perfection may be the goal, but I am only mortal. I tend to be all or nothing myself, but I am trying very hard to remember that sticking with it is what's important.
paradoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #8  
Chaos in Action

S/C/G: 250/210/160

Height: 5'4

Totally off topic, but beerab I have to say that I LOVE your siggy! I am trying to make it to Onederland as well!
paradoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:12 AM   #9  
~jus' being me~

I think its great that you checked in . . . it is hard for me to admit when I have fallen off the perch . . . but like you I am not aiming to be perfect. I have done it that way and can do it for a long long period of time, not eating anything off plan . . . but I am still here so clearly the all or nothing way doesnt work for me! Hope you are having a good day
Madison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:22 AM   #10  

S/C/G: crazy/working/calm

Height: 5'8"

LOVE that attitude.
You HAVE succeeded! (and definitely, as far as binges go, that one was minor)

Bravo to you!
Alexistrophic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 12:33 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

"Perfection is not an option, but success is!" I LOVE that! I needed that reminder, thank you!

Good for you for nipping the binge in the bud and getting right back on track!!!
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 186.5/181/150

Height: 5'6

You need to focus on the fact that you are back on track today and didn't let one little slip up ruin the progress you have made so far. Great job!
MRChopeful is offline   Reply With Quote