Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-20-2009, 01:43 AM   #16  
Purpose + Bucket

S/C/G: 206/153/130

Height: 65.5 inches.

Day 1. Not hungry. o_O Seriously. I haven't been very snacky today, and I've had plenty of energy coming from meal times. Always happens on the day after a binge, I swear. Did a little extra exercise today, so maybe that's what kept me from being uber hungry? XD Hrm. Today went well. :]
bucketwithapurpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

Hi Guys! I haven't been around for the last couple weeks because I get obsessed with the computer and waste alot of time on time. Heehee. But I'm happy to announce that I have 19 days today! So not only did I last through that camping trip I had, but I've continued to last! I know that it is doing the "three meals a day with nothing in between" thing. A couple times I noticed that when I ate what would normally be a trigger food, using my rule, I did not let myself eat after my three meals and I didn't end up binging! Specifically, I ate at my favorite Italian restaurant and got totally stuffed. An hour later, when my stomach stretched to where I could have eaten something again, I had already reached my meal limit (also has to be four hours apart), so couldn't eat. Well, by the time the four hours had passed, so had the urge to binge. Wow!

Okay, so time for the BIG challenge. I am leaving on Sunday to travel Ireland and Scotland for 2 1/2 weeks! My goal is to maintain my current weight. I will still implement my three meals a day rule using WW points guidelines, but will be eating the extra 4 points per day for maintenance. Wish me luck!

Congrats to everyone who has a had a binge-free day!
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 AM   #18  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone!

Well I am on day 2 of no binging - and I mean none. Nothing unplanned or unnatural with chemicals has entered my body. I've completely cut out Coke Zero and any other soda type drinks. And at work it's been birthday cake, and well I won't go into all the details but temptation city!! And nada, I said no to it all. I feel very proud about it. I feel extremely determined. My workouts at 5AM have been great with no problems getting out of bed. I am so relieved!!!!

All I have to do is keep it up! I weighed 223.8 today - and I was hovering around 226-229 for the past two weeks. I have a wedding in 22 days that I was aiming to be 211 for and realistically I can't expect that anymore, but I bet I will have lost a good inch or two in a few places. Yeah!

Hugs to everyone, glad to be part of the group! :thanx:
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #19  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello, all! Just checking in on day 32... Man, I feel *so* good that it's been so long since I've binged. It's been especially easier staying OP this week because it's TOM! I know, that seems counterintuitive, because most people's cravings get worse during TOM, haha--and I'm no different! BUT I also have found that the way my body loses weight pretty much consists of maintaining/losing veeery slowly for ~3 weeks, and then *whoosh!!* during TOM it just seems to fall off like crazy! I don't know what it is, but my metabolism just seems to kick it up a notch for the whole week. Case in point: I've already lost 3.2 lbs since Monday, and it's only Wednesday! Sooo yeah, in order to make sure that everything goes along as planned, it's very important to me to stay OP during TOM! But after it's over... Well, that's a whole other story!

Hope you are all doing well this week! Let's stay STRONG.
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:27 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Hey all you binge free losers
3 days down for me!! its a start. I have really been fighting the urges to snack at night. Once I get over that I'll be OK but I have a feeling it will be a life long battle.
Star2Be I hope to be able to be like you and the cake. I usally go crazy for cake I would love to be the type that could have a few bites and move on. This weekend will be my challenge. I have a baby shower to go to and I know they will have all kinds of goodies. I am going to plan ahead, eat before I go and allow my self a small piece of cake. Just one!!!
Have a great day!
Jennie
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 02:55 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

PeatrixPotter - Your trip sounds amazing! Have a FANTASTIC time

I'm on day 11! Off to work in an hour

Last edited by just_a_dreamy1; 05-21-2009 at 02:55 PM.
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:59 PM   #22  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Day #3 here! Going strong! I hope all you ladies are doing well!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #23  
Maintaining ~6 years!

Well, I've made it through day 33, but I'm not *exactly* holding strong, ladies... I dealt with a bit of disappointment today--it's SO stupid, but I thought that I was going to get a chance to see this guy that I kind of like, and I was really anticipating it, and even took the time to try to look especially cute and all that... And then it didn't happen. I don't know what it is about disappointing/anticlimactic things like that, but they really just do me in!! So much moreso than the big, dramatic events--I can occasionally get through the reeeally sad or stressful things without binging (case in point: the past couple weeks of me resisting binges despite TONS of schoolwork), but for some reason the letdown-type things just give me THE. STRONGEST. URGES. And it sucks because last quarter I had a huge, problem with this pattern of disappointment-->binge (often with, um, the same guy ), and I'm p*ssed off that it seems to be coming back! First of all because I thought I was over him - yeah, *SO* not - and second because I thought I was really shaking the binge habit, so I was shocked at how quickly those old feelings came back. Ugh.

I didn't give in, though... Even though that whole thing put a huge damper on my day. I'm just trying to look forward to tomorrow. Hopefully I have another fun weekend and forget all about that stupid boy!!

Last edited by Star2Be; 05-21-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:11 AM   #24  

star2be-way to go.I think this journey is about learning things about ourselves.Look what you have learned!!To be able to identify what makes you feel out of control is a huge accomplishment.It has taken me over 30 years to learn that.YOU are the most important person in YOUR life.Others will come and go(Boys).You are beautiful, smart and very strong.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 01:31 AM   #25  
Purpose + Bucket

Star2Be - MAJOR FREAKIN' KUDOS!!! Boys come and go. If he didn't notice you looking especially cute that day, I bet you a bunch of other boys you didn't notice saw you and thought you looked cute! Improvement and good work generally doesn't go unnoticed, even if someone doesn't commend you on it, they usually notice. :]

Day three! I ate a little bit more today, but I feel confident in myself since I'm eating clean. I hope I can keep this up. I love counting up the numbers. Pluuus I've been drawing smiley faces on my calendar for every binge-free day, and I don't like looking at the frownie face on the day I binge. XD

Anyone else do that? If I had stickers I'd give myself gold stars. XD Staying on track deserves a smiley face/gold star, I think!

My weight is coming down since I've stopped binging. This is so exciting! It's been awhile since I've seen the numbers go down instead of UP! lol.

I hope you guys are doing fabulous.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:14 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 138/138/130

Height: 5'7"

Star2Be Is this the guy from the library? I can SOOOOO relate. I've had more unrequited crushes than I can count. THe anticipation of seeing them, the couple words we exchange.....then not seeing them for a whole nother week and they don't even notice! It sucks! But don't binge over it...use it to give you even more motivation to look cute the next week. Day 20 for me!
PeatrixPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #27  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Day 4! Woo Hoo! I feel great. I have given up some of my favorite foods this week and I am feeling awesome. Keep going, keep going. I am allowing myself a coke zero today - but no bad foods have touched these lips! I've had a few cravings but they haven't been too bad.

Star2Be - good for you - you show exceptional ability to be in tune with your body and thoughts. When I feel that need to binge, I am coming back to read your post. Mine usually revolves around work.

Jennie - good luck this weekend - I definitely don't feel strong enough to expose myself to anything social with good food and drinks so I am laying low for 21 days - in vain hopes of helping to change the habit. Kind of sucks but I'm willing to sacrifice. Be strong

S
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:32 AM   #28  
Purpose + Bucket

Day 4 = SURVIVED!!
Dude.
It has been MONTHS since I've taken an exercise rest day and not at the very least overate. I did indulge, but I indulged responsibly, and I didn't feel at all guilty. I'm so happy I got through this day with flying colors. I feel like I have much more confidence in myself.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:28 AM   #29  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Here's to day #5. I am FINALLY under 205. Finally. I got down to 201 at the end of April, and then shot back up 205 and stayed there for quite some time.

Star2Be - Good job on staying strong! Forget about the boy. There's plenty of other fish in the sea!
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 01:18 PM   #30  
Maintaining ~6 years!

PeatrixPotter - Ohhhh yeah, it's the guy from the library. It makes me so mad that I fell into that behavior again so quickly--I totally did not see it coming! I literally had not seen him at ALL this quarter, which was probably actually a good thing because I was really starting to get over it and accept that he wasn't interested... I had basically stopped thinking about whether I might see him on any given day (i.e. not trying to look "especially" cute on those days, or retouching my make-up before going in, or anything like that!). But then I randomly saw him on Tuesday and he started talking to me (yes, HE initiated it!) like everything was totally normal, and it all just came back! We ended up talking for like a half-hour, and it was *exactly* like before, and I swear he was flirting with me and everything, and then when my shift was over and I had to end the conversation, he asked me when else I would be working this week, and was like "Oh, I think I'll work that day too, maybe I'll see you then..." Like he actually wanted to see me, or like he'd be looking forward to it or something!--I was like, WTF is going on here?!?! So of course I was anticipating it, and then I didn't end up seeing him and not only is it a letdown, but I start freaking out like OMG he probably didn't come in today because he *knew* I'd be here, and he wanted to avoid me! but then I'm like, NO, that doesn't make sense, because he's never been anything but totally friendly to you! Ughhhh. I literally feel like all of his behavior has indicated that he likes me, EXCEPT that he didn't freaking call me that time... Maybe he wants a reconciliation? I don't understand this situation at all!!! But I could have written your post myself, word-for-word--I like(d?) him SO much, and I just get so obsessive about little things like this, and 9 times out of 10 I just end up setting myself up for disappointment.

Anyways, I should probably just stop thinking about that for now, heh. Thank you sooo much to all you ladies for the encouragement over this situation on Thursday... Lately I have been reeeeally trying to stop this habit of letting the influence of other people determine whether or not *I* have a good day. Not just eating-wise or whatever, but in general--it seems like a lot of times, I anticipate little unreliable things like that, and so much of my general enjoyment of the day will depend on whether or not it comes through... And that's such a bad attitude to have! Instead I'm implementing what I call "making my OWN fun," where I just tell myself that dammit, this is going to be a kick-a** day no matter what happens, because *I* say so! Just trying to enjoy life for what it is, you know? Valuing EVERY day as an opportunity to have a good time, rather than thinking that some days are "better" than others because of the people I (might) get to see/things I (might) get to do. I'm sure it sounds a little cheesy - and it doesn't always work, to be sure (um heeey Thursday! ) - but I think it IS helping.

Gawsh, I got so chatty over my stupid little dramzz that I didn't even mention that today is day 35!!! 5 WEEKS BINGE-FREE, woohoo! And to make it even sweeter, I totally went out last night and had a few drinks and DIDN'T BINGE afterwards... Man, that is a huge accomplishment for me! Hehe. Hope you ladies all have a fabulous weekend! The weather here is soooo gorgeous.