Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-06-2009, 12:05 AM   #1  
My little pony fanatic.

S/C/G: 160/125

Height: 5'5

Default What motivates YOU?!

So, aside from the obvious result of a thinner healthier you, what is it that motivates you all?
Sometimes the end is so far to see when you're only losing a few pounds at a time.

Once my mom and I made a bet. Whoever lost the most pounds in three months would have to buy the other one an outfit.
It was a fun way to keep each other on task and be each others acountabillibuddies.
We would call eachother in the evenings and give the low down on all we had eaten.
I've since gained the weight back and its been a few years. Now I'm about to start something similar with my little sister.

I was wondering.. What is it that keeps you motivated? What is the thing that makes you tell yourself "No, I ain't eating that" in the end?
Nachtlicht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

One of the things that keeps me motivated for not eating what I want all the time is getting to eat those things like pizza after a couple of weeks of sticking close to my plan. Seeing what I am capable of physically is also very motivating. I mean, after I hit goal. I so look forward to working out or running or playing ball or rock climbing. Feeling secure in my body gives me the self confidence I always lacked whenever I would walk into a gym. It never stopped me, but it wasn't very motivating to never see a change in my pants size or a change on the scale.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/155/145

Height: 5'6"

One of the things that keeps me motivated for not eating what I want all the time is getting to eat those things like pizza after a couple of weeks of sticking close to my plan. Seeing what I am capable of physically is also very motivating. I mean, after I hit goal. I so look forward to working out or running or playing ball or rock climbing. Feeling secure in my body gives me the self confidence I always lacked whenever I would walk into a gym. It never stopped me, but it wasn't very motivating to never see a change in my pants size or a change on the scale.
mamaspank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 02:13 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 205/152/105

Height: 5'1"

On my computer, I have a folder of other people's before and after pics (collected from random internet sites) that I look at as often as I need to.

I also like to buy the motivator jeans in a size too small. Usually I'll pick up a pair of pants at the Goodwill for a couple dollars just to use as a goal. No sense spending lots of money if the pants don't fit.
Dalgishake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 10:33 PM   #5  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

The motivation to stick to my plan....getting the crazy head stuff under control.

As long as I follow Dr. Beck's teachings, Im ok.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:43 PM   #6  
For Him, For Us.

Wanting to actually WANT my picture taken...I used to be such a ham when I was a kid, then I gained wait and I don't think I have a picture of me from 16-now....
Gaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 04:10 AM   #7  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I agree with the buying jeans too small. They are great motivators. I have a pair of size 5 junior jeans and a pair of size 4 Luckys that I can get into but my muffin top makes them look gross. When I look good in these 2 pairs, I will start maintenance. Then after I've maintained for 6 months, I vow to throw away all my size 14 and 16 jeans out for good!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 08:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 180/130/130

Height: 5'5

I've come to realize exactly what bingeing does to my mental health. I become depressed, negative and unreasonably hopeless. It causes me to isolate myself from society, and from those who love me.

There's also this smokin' dress at Smart Set that I adore, but I just don't look good in it yet
just_a_dreamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #9  

Justadreamy1-You are spot on!This is exactly what motivates me.I hate who I become when I am bingeing.I am antisocial,miserable,crabby....
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 06:00 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 213/198/144

Height: 5ft4

I want to feel sexy like all the other girls my age!
CurvyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 360/357/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtlicht View Post
What is it that keeps you motivated? What is the thing that makes you tell yourself "No, I ain't eating that" in the end?
I will have a 2 second "high" from the food and then feel miserable for a long time and I would rather feel miserable for a few seconds and be skinny for a long time.

I want to wear shorts and tank tops instead of jeans and 3/4 sleeve length shirts in the summer.

I want to be healthy so I can have another baby and be a cute pregnant lady with a cute belly instead of just looking like I'm fatter and not pregnant. (been there done that)

I want to be able to tie my shoes without hiking my foot up on something so I can breathe.

I want to fit in airplane seats, movie theater seats and any seat with arms comfortably. I want to sit in a folding chair and not be scared it's going to smash flat like a pancake.

I want to be sexy and I want to be hot!!

I could go on all day..lol
newself09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 01:05 PM   #12  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

What motivates me is when I see the scale moving in the right direction.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/179/145

Height: 5'6

I feel motivated when I pull out one of my new bikinis. I bought them knowing it was more skin than I would feel comfy showing off. But putting it on every week has helped me to really appreciate my hard work. Seeing my tummy a little tighter or seeing my shoulders look a little nicer really makes me feel more confident when I feel like giving up.
Sweetsiren12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 04:22 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 74.4kg/58.8kg/54kg

Height: 161cm/5ft 3 1/2 in

Other people motivate me. Those wo don`t believe in me and those who do. I just want to show them all! :-)

My top motivation is going home one day, meet my family at the airport, step through that sliding door, being skinny and gorgeous. Imagining their surprise really motivates me. Slenderness is prized highly in my family and I can imagine that they look down on me for having become so large.

Stella
Stella is offline   Reply With Quote