Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-10-2009, 05:40 AM   #16  
ida

That's the secret. Just try again, and again, and again, until you succeed! You can do it!

I'm actually quite proud of myself today. Yesterday, I got a comment about my weight from MY FRIEND'S MUM. Not the loud kind that demands a reaction, but the quiet one no one really hears so you can't react to it, and everything just keeps on going. So I reeeaaally felt like binging yesterday, but I didn't! I asked myself where the logic is in eating when you're upset about you're weight, and how I'd only give her right by binging..

And I weighed myself today. Apparently I've lost 1.8 pounds by simply not binging - no extra exercise or anything, just binge free for four days. That gave me a lesson and a boost to make it through day five today!
ida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:47 PM   #17  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I fell apart Sunday and Monday ... but back to the plan this morning. I did keep the part about journaling - so now I have a written record of what a two-day binge looks like and how far beyond my 1700/day I went. The potato chip bag is now empty, the ice cream is gone, the cracker box is in the trash, so I can start fresh. Funny, the grapefruit tasted extra good today!

What is it about TOM that creates such a powerful pull? It's not like there'd be a biological need to eat more just cuz an organ is sloughing out. I haven't been so mindless and out of control in a longgggg time. Weird!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: Size Stats 22/22/14

Height: 5'8

I want to be in too. I'm doing well so far.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:31 PM   #19  

So far today was Ok.Yesterday was OK.Day 2 for me.
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 04:14 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 283/ticker/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone. I am brand new to this site and was suprised to see this thread! Finally people who understand!!!!! If its ok I would like to join you?

I was doing well at 6 days with no binge....and then yesterday....it all fell apart. But its a new day and I just found this site!
HeidiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:52 PM   #21  

I overdid it today...didn't binge but over ate just the same

Back on track tomorrow..

Hi HeidiGirl and Welcome..

Be Well All.

ASoutherner~
ASoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 165/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeidiGirl View Post
Hello everyone. I am brand new to this site and was suprised to see this thread! Finally people who understand!!!!! If its ok I would like to join you?

I was doing well at 6 days with no binge....and then yesterday....it all fell apart. But its a new day and I just found this site!
I fell apart too this past weekend. So this is Day 3 for me! Good for you for keeping up a good attitude.

I did have a small handful of M&Ms today... but walked away before I went nuts.
badbaum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:07 PM   #23  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

I will start with today and it was a BINGE FREE day. I am so very proud to say that because I feel in control right now and I want it to last
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #24  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Day #30 OP / binge free for me.

I did a mini-challenge for myself and I went from 222lbs TO 212lbs from February 9th to March 10th.

This was the little boost I needed to prove to myself that being OP and doing things right end in good results.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:26 AM   #25  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Congrats on your mini-goal Wormwood! I'll have to lay out some mini-goals, seems like a great way to start!
Back2Basics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:37 AM   #26  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello there, HeidiGirl! It is nice to find other people who really know what you're dealing with, isn't it? Makes a person feel like they're not alone. Welcome to the binge-free thread (don't know if I'm qualified to welcome you, since I'm a bit of a newbie around these parts myself, hehe, but I'll do it anyways!! ) and congrats on the 6 binge-free days! That is great!

WTG on the mini-goal WormwoodDoll!!! And holy CRAP, do you realize you have been binge-free for 30 days?! That is flippin' fantastic! I am SO proud of you, and you are really inspiring me to stop binging, too... You're proof that it IS possible, and the results that you've had from staying OP (and cutting out binges) are undeniable!! You go, girly!

Today was day one for me, and it went very well. I really think I will make my streak longer this time... It was like something kinda snapped in my head--for the past few days I've been obsessing about food and thinking OMG I want to eat a package of cookies/an entire cake/a huge bag of chips/an entire box of sugary cereal/etc!!! but instead today I had this little voice telling me, "Actually, if you really want a cookie, I think one would be enough for now." It's weird to remember that normal people actually do manage to eat things like that without binging. I always think of junky foods in an "all-or-nothing" kind of way, but right now I just feel SO dedicated to fix that attitude!

Tomorrow will be day two for me. Can't wait!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 11:14 AM   #27  
Here We Go Again

S/C/G: 256 / TICKER / 140

Height: 5'3"

Back2Basics - I love mini goals. I have a few set: 210lbs, 199lbs, 185lbs, 165lbs, and my goal of 150lbs. Being able to hit those small bumps really make the larger picture better to see. That is why I changed my ticker to my summer/vacation/birthday goal weight. Seeing that I was only 1/3 of the way to 150 kind of depressed me. But seeing I'm only half way to 180 makes me want to push the ticker further!

Star2Be - Thanks! I know it's been 30 days which feels like forever, but I am not out of the woods yet. It's a struggle every day especially since I am going through some rather stressful things right now. I really want to binge but now that I see how slow it makes my weight loss, I don't want it to happen like that again. I was stuck in a rut from December to the beginning of February, constantly binging and throwing away my progress. I was up to 226 by the end of it all . I was down to 219 before I started all that chaos in early December. So it really makes me wonder where I COULD HAVE been in those two months. I probably would of stepped way into ONEderland. It just further motivates me to keep pushing on.

Another helpful thing has been to not look at this as a diet. I eat all kinds of foods, some unhealthy too. If I want M&Ms or chocolate cake, I have it. I just don't go crazy with it (and MY MY MY is that so hard!!!). I just eat healthy most of the time. I only really like chicken and ground turkey (not a fan of red meat so no ground beef, steak, or burgers for me). I naturally love all kinds of fruits and vegetables. I personally think whole grain breads, cereals, and pasta taste better. So it's been an easy transition. Even going out to eat has been a bit easier. We went to Bennigan's and I got their chicken club (with no bacon or mayo - just lettuce, tomato and avocado with a slice of swiss). When it came out I cut the chicken in half and put 1/2 back on the sandwich. I ate about 1/3 of my fries and piled the rest on my boyfriend's plate, haha. He ate that other piece of chicken, too. When we were at his parent's, they made chocolate cake, and I had a very small slice with no icing. My boyfriend said to me, "Wow, you are really changing this time".

And WTG at you! YOU'VE LOST ALMOST 100LBS! That is an amazing accomplishment in itself! You really are looking good. I am so jealous. I cannot wait to get where you are.

Last edited by WormwoodDoll; 03-11-2009 at 11:16 AM.
WormwoodDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #28  

I blew it today big time...McDonald's...Fish Sand. Lg Fries.Hot Fudge Sundae OH and let's not forget 'Diet' Coke (Roll Eyes).

I had CornFlakes for Breakfast.

I'll start over again tomorrow.

ASoutherner~
ASoutherner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #29  
Maintaining ~6 years!

S/C/G: 263/Maintaining/150

Height: 5'8"

Just checking in! Day two is going very well so far... And I was even able to have a little piece of a friend's yummy vegan brownie. He offered to buy me one for me to eat myself, but I decided that I could get by with just a little taste. It felt awesome to regain some control--again, it's so empowering to know that just because I'm binge-free doesn't mean I can't eat any indulgent foods... It just means I can't binge on them! And I'm NOT going to.

Tomorrow will be day three! Yay!
Star2Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:45 AM   #30  
ida

Well, I binged yesterday. It wasn't one of my worst binges, but it was one extra large pack of maltesers in five minutes... so I'm back at day one today. Sigh. I was really looking forward to making it one week... well, this time, I AM!!
ida is offline   Reply With Quote