Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-15-2009, 12:18 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 179/160/whatever feels right

Height: 5'7

Unhappy I lost control-again.

I had to go to a family lunch, and it just went downhill from there.
I have eaten about 8,000 calories today, and I just hate myself for it. I reached a new low weight today (the lowest weight I have been at since 2006)
and I just had to binge. I just couldn't stop myself.
And right now it is all I can do not to go clean out the freezer.
But I came here instead, so I think thats progress.
My tummy hurts so bad though. I don't know why I do this to myself. I'd been feeling so good, so "in control" lately, I felt so gorgeous this morning, and I just lost it.

*Sorry to be so whiny- I just feel like crap.
ibleedlipstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/207/165

Height: 5' 3"

Try to focus on how bad you feel right now. Remember that feeling!!!

Now put it out of your mind and focus on how you are going to get on the wagon tomorrow. Plan plan plan for tomorrow and for the week. One bad day will not put all the weight back on.
msroboto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 04:27 AM   #3  

I have had those kind of days too, and I know how it feels. Don't be too hard on yourself, just get right back on to your eating plan tomorrow.
myrna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 06:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/170/110

Height: 5'3"

By tomorrow you'll be empty again and ready to get back on plan. Don't beat yourself up, one day of binging is not such a big deal, just use it as a lesson learned... it didn't make you feel happy. Being in control makes you happy and so from this moment you're taking back control.
mimzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:03 AM   #5  

thanks mimzy
dietrecipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:11 AM   #6  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

self-sabotage is one of those things we really have to fight and get over. I have done it too, especially in the "old" pre 3fc days, I would see a small loss of the scale and think automatically, "oh good, now I can over eat, have a treat, cheat." and I would, a good overstuffing binge. ack.
Right now, the thought of that is repugnant, but I HAVE been there.
You can stop now, and get back on. It wont be impossible to control this now.
YOU can do it
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 08:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hey, I think most of us here can identify with what you did. You can do this--you have already proven that. Just dust yourself off and jump back on the horse.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 199/185/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm so sorry to hear about your struggle, but this makes me feel better that I'm not the only one whose done this. We are all human and we all make mistakes. I really can't offer any more advice than anybody else on this page. Just keep up the good work and don't let it ruin your whole day.
skinnynene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:00 PM   #9  
FindingMe

S/C/G: 160/160/125

Height: 5'3

We wouldn't be reading these if we couldn't identify. I feel your pain... when you can write about it or talk about it though, it helps. I think the answer is don't let two months go by before you are in control again. Let it be tomorrow and then next time let it be in a few hours..etc. Now.. how about I take my own advice!
Josie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:02 PM   #10  
Snazzy Person. :]

S/C/G: 166/149/130

Height: 5'5"

Oh goodness. I know how you feel. :[
Sometimes I go to debate tournaments, and there is nothing but junkfood around. So I pretty much rack up a ton of empty calories.
But whats important to remember is that you can't just give up.
Even if you've had a horrible day, make things better by eating an apple if your hungry.
And remember tomorrow that you can start over. :]
katie m a r i e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 227.4/187/159

Height: 5'5"

Been there done that many of times....

Just wanted to give you a hug dear.
ProteinGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #12  

I completely feel your pain.I wish I could give you advice.Actually I find myself reading these posts and see others winning the battle and wonder what the answer is???I would give anything at this point to find out.I can do well for days and then blow it....completely blow it.Funny thing is, I have many friends that have the same problem.Most of them in the same profession as me.I have always believed I have an addictive personality.Is there a cure????????????
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:20 AM   #13  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

ibleedlipstick, I worry about that too. I often feel the need to "let loose" after I've reached a new low weight and with my history of binge eating, I think it's quite possible I could just fall right back into my old bad habits. It's a strange self-sabotage and I think indicative that these bad eating patterns will never go away, we just need to do what we can to prevent them and to move on when they do happen.

Everyone else's advice is right.. look forward and move on.

I can't help but be concerned about your goal weight, however. 5'8 and 110 lbs is a BMI of 16.7... that's in the underweight and unhealthy range. Even 120 lbs is too low. I hope you reconsider your goal weight... unhealthy dieting can often create reactionary binges. You don't want an eating disorder... they're horrible.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 03:25 PM   #14  
Don't turn back.

S/C/G: 262/(ticker)/153

Height: 5'6"

I'm sorry.
I did the same thing last night. I'd been eating crap all weekend because I'd been with my boyfriend and I came home yesterday to a big family meal for my grandpa's birthday and from there i just ateateate.
And today I started off healthy but right now I want to run downstairs to the kitchen and eat cake and cheese. I feel like I'm pushing with all my might against a brick wall, and its so tempting to just fall back and lay down in the comfort of where I've always been but I know there's another world on the other side of that brick wall so I'm going to keep pushing even though it feels like the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I'll move it, one way or another.
Sorry about the flowery metaphor but I absolutely know what you're up against and I hope things get better, for the both of us.
munchievictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 05:47 PM   #15  
run4change

S/C/G: 307.6/184/196

I like cake and cheese. I so know how you feel. Felt the same way on Saturday big time. Good thing to come here instead. Good job for that. Try and stay strong
run4change is offline   Reply With Quote