I lost control-again.

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • What kind of feelings do you have just before the binge?

I find that sometimes - I have to tell myself - Ok If I wait 15 minutes and think about this, will I still have it 15 minutes later? Most of the time I find out that i'm not really hungry..
  • Yes, I do find that putting off bad food makes a big difference. If I am strong enough to say, later, not now, I can usually avert the whole binge. It is having the strength to say no in the first place. I have it more often than I used to, but not often enuf yet.
    here's hoping we get stronger!
  • i totally know where you are coming from - and i hope you don't beat yourself up too much. Put the effort you put into self-loathing into doing something positive (like planning what you are going to do for the rest of the week and avoid another binge).
    for some reason, when i finally would see a little bit of weight lost, i owuld do the same thing - i'd almost try to sabotage myself because i guess mentally i wasn't ready before to actually lose the weight. As a result, I pretty much stopped weighing myself because the numbers drove me crazy. i weigh myself maybe once a month now?
    when you feel like you're going to binge... honestly i dont have any advice because i struggle with it, too. just being on plan for a while helps you to barrel through the times when you don't feel as strong because you get used to healthier habits. when you are on for a few days, then way off on another, the back on... the roller coaster is hard to deal with. you just have to try to put your foot down once and for all.
    best of luck to you.
  • I've been a "secret binger" for years, and absolutely I have been where you are, uncountable times. And I think the collective wisdom you see in these posts is proof that NOBODY has had the perfect journey. Take a deep breath, look back at how far you've already come, and go back to those plans that have made you successful. The dirty little secret that I can add is that when you have been eating rationally and correctly for a long period of time, and you lose it totally and overeat ... your metabolism will tend to shift into overdrive (did you notice if your heart was pounding? It's not just the stress of pigging out!) The body is a wonderful creation, and it will forgive a rare, occasional lapse. Hang in there!
  • Someone on 3FC posted this and it really helped me understand my body and why I just want to eat after the weight I lost. It may be helpful!
    http://articles.latimes.com/2008/jun...lth/he-regain2
  • I ate a box of Girl Scout cookies. The whole box of Thin Mints. What's crazy is that I added up the calories as I was eating them (160cal/serving * 8 servings = 1,280 calories). I decided it was worth it and will simply move on tomorrow.

I have been on plan for 5 weeks and figure my body needed the snack. I think the key is to move forward and not dwell on it.
  • rachinma-Eating the cookies sounds like a mindful binge.You actually looked at calories and decided to eat them.This would be major progress for me.When I binge I have no idea what damage I am doing at the time.Good for you.