Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-10-2009, 04:16 PM   #16  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Fatmad - sorry about your allergies. I know that is hard, as I used to have them bad when I was younger.

Starzmom - wow, I wouldn't have been able to stay away from the pound cake! Give me some of that with ice cream and I would have done an all night binge!!

Doing good today so far. I got my walkin and worked out in the yard for hours.

So far so good!

Sandy

blog - www.mygritsconfessions.com
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:53 AM   #17  
Lowcarb Loser

S/C/G: 315/200.5/150

I get stuff like pound cake for my hubby. I do get a small one in case I decide I got it for myself as well.
Yesterday though I behaved myself and stayed within my calories for the day. I'm shooting for another good day today. So far I'm behaving. Tonite will tell the tale. Always does!
Starzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:26 PM   #18  
Intuitive Eater

S/C/G: 238/208/120

Height: 5'8"

I did well yesterday - started intuitive eating, which led me to eat more throughout the day, which helped me to not binge at night. The website is awesome, if you haven't checked it out yet. I think I might get the book.
Faith92208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:54 AM   #19  
Lowcarb Loser

Where'd everyone go? Well I was a bit bad last nite but not any damage I can't make up for. Had to finish the rye bread, ya know.

Today I've had 500 calories already so I'm trying to stay busy until dinner. Will have a light salad for lunch if I need it.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #20  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I am hanging in. Day 9 today.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 01:02 PM   #21  
Lowcarb Loser

Wardhog...Wow you are doing so great. One of these days I'll have a streak as long as yours! Good work.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #22  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Feelin' good so far. Got in about 2700 yds in the pool Tues nite, and learned that I absolutely must eat more before intense workouts! It pretty much kicked in a migraine and ruined my sleep that night, but I have been right on plan and mindful. 3 days in a row - that's gotta be a record for me! I'm keeping a food list titled "Every %&(#@ crumb!!!"
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 08:48 PM   #23  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default doing ok

Haven't strayed too far from plan, and no binge, so not too bad.
Spent 2 days with my mum, cleaning. She let me wash the walls. I am beat. Did it all by hand, the old fashioned way. The yellowy nicotine stained water was gross and had to be changed frequently. So I didn't do aerobics or yoga or anything, but wow, did I exercise. I am beat. Also didn't sleep well.
Mum's dementia was not too bad this trip.
The house was almost smoke free. THere was a bit of smoke odour, mostly gone after all my work. Mum is mostly smoking in one room now.
Gives Dad hope he might be able to return home to live soon. His recovery from the heart attack is going well. So a busy tiring couple of days, but MUCH less stress than previously.
Did well with food.
The only off plan thing was this: I had trouble sleeping. I find carbs and caffeine can help me get sleepy, so I had a muffin with peanut butter and some packaged oatmeal with sugar, with a tea to try to sleep. (Didn't work, so I am pretty sleep deprived now)
Anyone else do this for sleep? I do tend to do this after working all night, seems to help me sleep well during the day, but does leave me kind of "hung over" later.
THis is food as drug idea for me. Any thoughts?
keep up the good work everyone. I'm going to bed early tonite.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 AM   #24  
Lowcarb Loser

Well that is part of my problem...food as drug, especially carbs. There are some foods that if I start on them I continue. Breads are like that for me.

I did OK yesterday. Didn't binge but ate up to my maintenence calories.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #25  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Starzmom, what are you eating during the day? Night time urges often come if we don't eat well during the day. Try more food during the day, so you don't start of hungry and just needing the snack. Or try planning the snack, (planned calories) so you know when to start and end. Lots of water in the evening, too!
Hope you can get thru it.
I'm doing ok with food, but need to get exercising, I am LAZY!
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote