Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-13-2009, 05:11 PM   #1  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

Default I Need To Stop Thinking About Food!

I need to stop thinking about food. I think if I didn't think about food and kept myself occupied, then I would hardly eat. I'm never really hungry when I eat because I'm always eating. I don't think I'd eat very much or very often if I didn't even think about food. It's so hard to do though. It's like my world resolves around food. It's always on my mind. Even at nighttime, I think about what I want for breakfast the next morning. It controls me, and it shouldn't anymore. I need to break free of my addiction and get control of my body and my life. Anyone want to buddy with me in this obstacle?

migotokokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #2  
Let It Go

S/C/G: 230/228/160

Height: 5'8"

I know what you mean. I would think about food all the time too. What's for breakfast, lunch, dinner and whatever else I could eat...fast food stops...Is it really a meal if you are only driving thru? LOL
I still think about food but in a different way. I eat every three hours. I eat on a schedule whether I am hungry or not. Believe it or not, I am usually not hungry. Eating every 3 hours has increased my metabolism. I have now lost 8 pounds and now I am still thinking about food but in a different way.
Marge
delafax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:39 PM   #3  
Being A Better Me!

I need to figure out activities to keep my mind off of eating. It's getting nicer out. Sunnier and warmer. I should probably actually want to go outside. :P
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #4  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

I'm with you on this one. =]
I need to stop thinking about food too.
It's hard though, since a lot of me is obsessing about it at the moment. I'm trying to figure out what I have in the house that I can eat; I plan out meals when I could be doing more productive things. Or I'm thinking about all the awful things my mom & stepdad have in the house, & how to best avoid them (or how bad I want them). I understand what you're going through, especially having to live with someone else. Give me a call, maybe we could talk today?
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:29 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 343/293/199

Height: 5'8"

Your not alone, when you figure it out, be sure to let me know.
xJox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #6  
Being A Better Me!

Sorry Kim. I had class and then went to my mom's house for tacos. I got home and the biggest loser was on lol. I haven't been on since I posted this basically. I'll call you tomorrow hopefully. ^_^
Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by migotokokoro View Post
I need to stop thinking about food. I think if I didn't think about food and kept myself occupied, then I would hardly eat. I'm never really hungry when I eat because I'm always eating. I don't think I'd eat very much or very often if I didn't even think about food. It's so hard to do though. It's like my world resolves around food. It's always on my mind. Even at nighttime, I think about what I want for breakfast the next morning. It controls me, and it shouldn't anymore. I need to break free of my addiction and get control of my body and my life. Anyone want to buddy with me in this obstacle?

I do!!! We have the same issue!!!
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:25 AM   #8  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

Alright, that's cool. =]
Sam & I are checking out another apartment today. We want to be moved out by the end of February at the latest, but we may have found a place to where we could move out in a week or two!!! Calling to talk to them today, & then if they have the model we would like available for viewing we're going on a tour. I work from 3-6pm, so try to catch me before or after that if you can, please. Talk to you later.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:24 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7''

Well, just the fact that we are all here in this forum, and reading this post... it tells a lot! ;-)
I've been obsessed with food and dieting for... 10 years. OMG.
And still it's not over, even if I have the impression (illusion?) that I'm getting better.

I've noticed that when I'm not thinking about food, or obsessed about dieting, I simply lose weight. With no effort.
But it's very difficult not to think about it, because your weight is always with you, it's hard to forget something that you feel :-/

But I don't think that keeping myself busy on purpose would help me. Maybe in that very moment, but after that, it's again the same.

The best results I got... are those I achieve when I completely STOP thinking about EVERYTHING related to food and dieting. Which means I'm not checking the mirror any 5 steps... I'm not "controlling" every woman I meet to see if they have gained or lost some kilos... I'm not talking about food or recipes or lunch or dinner - and avoiding people who do that. I try not to put attention on my body. I'm not counting calories. I avoid websites or shows that talks a lot about it.
I know it sounds weird, but when I let everything go, my body knows perfectly the amount of food it needs.

But it's difficult to let yourself go and relax when you don't like yourself.
I should cry out "well, who cares, nevermind!" and relax.
It's a oaradox that the best way of dieting is not dieting at all.

But still I'm here, talking about it.
That's no good.
(and this was my first post)
Julietta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:38 PM   #10  

Height: 5'3"

I'll be the lone voice of dissent here and say that maybe you need to think about food more.

Don't lynch me! I'm new! ;-)

I have found that when I meal plan for the day/week/whatever and *write down* what I'm going to eat, I am much less likely to stray from the menu and binge/overeat on junk. This requires thinking more about food, but results in less mindless eating.

Thoughts?
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 01:53 PM   #11  
wife2abadge

Height: 5'4"

Trying to plan my whole day's food only makes me anxious when I deviate from the plan. Besides, what if I plan oatmeal for breakfast but wake up and want eggs?

If you're constantly thinking about food, you either aren't feeding yourself enough or you need to examine what you are avoiding thinking about.
wife2abadge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:02 PM   #12  

S/C/G: see WT

Height: 5'6''

i totally understand how you feel!
trying to understand why i eat too much and how to change it, i read as much as i could about it. here is an interesting web page i found that reminds us of alternatives to eating when not really hungry: web4health.info/en/aux/do-instead.htm (i'm a newbie so i can't link, sorry!)
it may seem funny, but when i obsess with eating, i just can't think of anything else to do, so sometimes this helps.

Last edited by quince; 01-16-2009 at 02:02 PM.
quince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:10 PM   #13  

Height: 5'3"

I don't know. Lately, if I plan oatmeal for breakfast and wake up wanting eggs, I just suck it up and eat the oatmeal and have eggs the next day. Then again, I'm on a structured eating plan for a Biggest Loser-type competition at my gym that is pretty restricted. Sure, I can have toast instead of oatmeal, but it's easier to just choose the day before and stick to it.

I sort of enjoy the ritual of the meal planning and preparation. I'm either really regimented or really, um, not. ;-)
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:46 PM   #14  
Being A Better Me!

It's not that I'm not eating enough or anything like that, I just think about food all the time. Even after I've stuffed myself beyond belief, I think of what I want to eat next. I've eaten really good for two days now. I eat every three hours, and eat smaller portions that fill me up enough to last until the next meal.
Old 01-17-2009, 02:52 PM   #15  
wife2abadge

Height: 5'4"

If you're eating enough, then I'd say you need to figure out what you're avoiding thinking about. I used to obsess about food and think about it 24/7 until I started therapy with a woman who specializes in eating disorders. She helped me realize that my obsession with food was due to trying NOT to think about it because I was always trying to lose weight along with using food to avoid many things in my life that I didn't want to deal with.
wife2abadge is offline   Reply With Quote