Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-31-2008, 02:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 177/175/135

Height: 5'4"

Unhappy Coming to terms

I guess I'm not really what you would call a binge eater...but I admit, I do overeat, mostly when I'm upset or pissed off.

I've only been on my diet for a few days, and already I'm starting to feel guilty. For instance, I almost feel like I'm sabotaging my diet for allowing myself a few small pieces of chocolate a day (and when I say small, I mean like, miniature Hershey bar small). And then, later on today, I got frustrated when I was left behind on a meal date with my family, so what did I do? I went out and bought a bunch of crap from Wendy's. Granted, I did get a side caeser salad...but that was along with an order of nuggets, small fry, double stack cheeseburger, and a small drink. I felt a little better when I made myself stop eating when i felt full, which means that I left behind a majority of the fries and nuggets. But still... Just thought I'd share.
raelinsetzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:21 AM   #2  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

It's really good that you're recognizing this behavior pattern already. It's vital you stop! Many people end up overweight because they binge eat, but its been studied and proven that theoretically most binge eaters who are overweight only started bingeing when they started dieting. You set far too high standards for yourself and then when you dont reach them you beat yourself up about it, and then comes the bingeing.

You're so not alone, but try to look at this as becoming healthy. One tiny peice of chocolate is nothing, if you enjoyed it, then move on! Dont dwell.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:30 AM   #3  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Interesting Lauren. What about people who are not overweight and are binge eaters? I certainly see some on this forum, and I was a binger long before my weight problem reared its ugly head. I just didn't worry about it, because back then I could eat anything and never worry about weight.
Sigh* how times have changed.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:45 AM   #4  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Fatmad, binge eating has been shown to be related with low confidence and problems with self image - so alot of bulimic and anorexic girls also suffer from binge eating - and where people who are overweight come into the disorder is that if they're trying to lose weight in the first place its more than likely because they're not happy with their own body.

It's very difficult but I think bingeing is all a mind battle, once you're concurred that it's hopefully all uphill.
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 200/197/130

Height: 5'4

My brother (who is a diet-freak! and so skinny, its annoying) always tells me this when I'm about to binge or just start binging: "You're not really hungry, that's just your appetite, and your better than that." Makes me feel guilty but it'll stop the binging in its tracks!
KLeeB23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:32 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by raelinsetzer View Post
I felt a little better when I made myself stop eating when i felt full, which means that I left behind a majority of the fries and nuggets. But still...
That part right there is so important. No "but still"! That's hard to do! The Maintainers (hehe, sounds like The Sopranos) are fond of saying that successful ones are not the ones who never indulge, but the ones who always get right back on track. It's so easy to throw the whole day away because you went off plan a little. But stopping in the middle of a big fast food fest is a big deal!
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote