Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 12-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #31  
Joggernaut

S/C/G: 172/165

Height: 5'2

I have two kinds of binges:

There's the pre-meditated kind where I go to 3 fast foods restaurants, buy a basket full of junk food at the grocery store, rush home in a trance (seriously, I am so unaware of my surroundings, my brain is just shouting GO AND EAT! GO AND EAT!) and then turn on some TV and just eat everything. Usually I get through half the stuff and feel full and it makes me feel bad... a binge means that TOMORROW I'll be starting my diet so this bad food HAS to go... and that usually means stuffing it all in. Thankfully I haven't done this in awhile. Usually these type of binges are "last hurrahs" before I start a diet (which inevitably fail within a day or two) or they are rewards for feeling crappy.

The second kind of binge is the unintentional. This is where I finish eating something and I'm still hungry, so I have a cookie, then I'll have some candy, then I'll have some crackers, then I'll have another cookie, and I'll keep eating until I suddenly feel way too full. This is far more likely these days and its usually from craving something sweet after I eat. This is why eating hard candy for dessert is best because it allows my stomach to digest enough of my meal to feel full or satisfied. I seriously think when I finish eating a meal and still feel hungry I panic! I really need to learn to give myself 20-30 minutes and then see if I'm actually hungry. It's hard.

I consider the first far more indicative of a binge-eating disorder. Those were my darkest days when that was a regular part of my life.
joyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:46 AM   #32  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

for me it's the loss of control, and the ensuing emotional guilt, felt afterwards.
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 10:48 AM   #33  
Registered Nut

S/C/G: 325/325/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyra View Post
I have two kinds of binges:

There's the pre-meditated kind where I go to 3 fast foods restaurants, buy a basket full of junk food at the grocery store, rush home in a trance (seriously, I am so unaware of my surroundings, my brain is just shouting GO AND EAT! GO AND EAT!) and then turn on some TV and just eat everything. Usually I get through half the stuff and feel full and it makes me feel bad... a binge means that TOMORROW I'll be starting my diet so this bad food HAS to go... and that usually means stuffing it all in. Thankfully I haven't done this in awhile. Usually these type of binges are "last hurrahs" before I start a diet (which inevitably fail within a day or two) or they are rewards for feeling crappy.

The second kind of binge is the unintentional. This is where I finish eating something and I'm still hungry, so I have a cookie, then I'll have some candy, then I'll have some crackers, then I'll have another cookie, and I'll keep eating until I suddenly feel way too full. This is far more likely these days and its usually from craving something sweet after I eat. This is why eating hard candy for dessert is best because it allows my stomach to digest enough of my meal to feel full or satisfied. I seriously think when I finish eating a meal and still feel hungry I panic! I really need to learn to give myself 20-30 minutes and then see if I'm actually hungry. It's hard.

I consider the first far more indicative of a binge-eating disorder. Those were my darkest days when that was a regular part of my life.
Yes! I do that too. I've added a myriad of sugar free hard candies around. Keeps my mouth busy without stuffing it with meaningless things.

Also I find that sucking on hard candy works well when I am preparing meals, to stop from the "tasting" "sampling" and "grazing".
RN BSN 2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 PM   #34  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Height: 5'5"

For me a binge is usually planned. I will go to the store and buy a lot of sweets and hide them or order some food. Once I start bingeing I can't stop. I will binge until I my stomach hurts and I either throw up because I am so full or I make myself throw up and then usually I binge some more until everything is gone. It is horrible. I always hate myself after and feel so out of control. I wish I could just be normal and have 1 slice of cake and not feel like I have to eat the entire cake.
2ndChance09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #35  

Eating a vast, abnormal quantity of (usually) unhealthy food within a short time span which gives you far more than you need as far as daily intake is concerned.

I finally kicked binge eating in 2008 (May/June) after 2 years or whatever, and now a "binge" might be 300 unintended calories, rather than the 1,500 calories 10 minute stuff-my-face ****. I am never going back there. It was awful.
CousinRockingChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #36  

I just realized that I do this.

It is with sweets. I can't have them in the house or I will eat them until they are gone.

I bought a container of ice cream and kept eating it over 2 days until it was gone.

A block of chocolate

entire cheesecake

My boyfriend who is of course skinny as a rail has lots of sweets at his house and he can eat one piece of chocolate and leave it. He can make a block last weeks. Me, it won't last a day.
beledigirl is offline   Reply With Quote