Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #16  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

Steph, no actually I'm a photographer too. Though I love music and any form or art...so there ya go. You're doing brilliant by the way.

Dreamy, sometimes I think it's easy to just go at an hourly rate. Sometimes if I concentrate on too far ahead, or in the past I totally lose it. So I find that just concentrating on the here and now helps.

Today for me was very close to binging, thankfully I managed to just ride the storm and I'm good now

Last edited by Spoz; 11-25-2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 09:07 PM   #17  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default doing ok

I am doing ok cause my Dad is doing ok so far. The surgery went well. There is a 5% risk of stroke in the next 24 hours, so we will be watching for that. The nurses are weaning him off the drug keeping him asleep, so he should wake up soon if all goes well.
I did ok today, but fighting a binge right now. Even tho I have some indigestion from supper, (no didn't overeat, just have regular indigestion probably from the stressful day) But RIGHT NOW, i could eat a lot of chocolate, or bread, or pastry, or just about anything.
Will stay in my hotel room and try to sleep soon.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/197/150

Height: 5'5"

ugh. on day one. hopefully this thanksgiving is a forgiving one. i'll be hitting the gym tomorrow, working on a paper, and hitting the gym and working on thanksgiving day. doing the turkey trot

any tips on avoiding the bad-for-me food without offending my grandma? (just kidding i am pretty sure she understands...)

but in all seriousness, how do you keep it in your mind not to put bad food in your mouth? in all honesty there are times when i start eating, and don't realize that i'm supposed to be working on it...ugh, that sounds lame, but it's true
Old 11-26-2008, 04:31 AM   #19  
Jools

Height: 5foot1.5inches

Fatmad - so pleased your father is doing well after his surgery :-)

Lauren WELL DONE for resisting the urge to binge.

I failed last night - too many biscuits. Back to day zero
Old 11-26-2008, 01:53 PM   #20  
Madeleine

For once it was good that I was in a hotel. I was too exhausted from the day and the stress to leave the room, and there wasn't much to eat there, some canned pears (have never liked pears for some reason) and kashi bars, which would have been ok if I'd actually been hungry, but weren't good binge food. I watched some tv and fell asleep. So didn't drink, didn't binge, all worked out ok. Survived the breakfast buffet without pigging out. Walked. walked some more. Visited Dad in the ICU, he's doing great. As soon as there is a step-down bed, he's out of there.
I really want to stay healthy and not have to have a bypass. My Dad didn't need one! He had 2 valves replaced, and an aneurysm repaired, (probably caused by the valve problems) but the arteries in his 78 year old heart have no blockages! I want to be that healthy in my 70s. Ultimate goal.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:31 PM   #21  
Burning it away

caniwasteurtime - I PUT the bad food in my mouth. I've been following intuitive eating and am being treat for binge eating disorder. Rules I follow are that I cant ban foods, or class foods as 'good' or 'bad' because these have negative results on your concious. I suggest just learning to include these foods in your life in moderation, learn to live with them as foods (because thats what they are) and not your enemy.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #22  
University Student

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

Bad, bad day. Apparently I am not good at taking my own advice. Major downward emotional spiral lead to major downward eating spiral. Sad day became a bad day.
Old 11-27-2008, 06:13 PM   #23  
Madeleine

Steph, sorry your sad day turned into a bad day.
My period started today, and so far I have had 4 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
Then I looked at the package and saw that each cookie has 200 calories.
ACK.
Thought I was being good to get the oatmeal.
I have had them at intervals throughout the day, which has been busy, so that helps keep me from binges. Will be knitting a lot tonight.
Have made 2 hats in the last week......
Old 11-28-2008, 04:12 AM   #24  
Jools

24 hours out of control Tuesday night to Weds night :-(

Yesterday back on plan!

Best wishes to all
Old 11-28-2008, 08:31 AM   #25  
University Student

Alrighty...today I am not going to "eat my feelings" like I did yesterday! I had a major venting session to my friend and am feeling a lot better about the things that were bothering me yesterday. I need to focus on stress management. 4dreams, hope today goes as planned for you too! And, fatmad...don't you hate that! Haha oh well now you know you need to look for a new brand of cookies I guess...
Have a great Friday everyone!
Steph
xoxo
Old 11-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #26  
Burning it away

Guys...you're not doing 'bad' at all! You are strong women and its okay if you gave in, we're all here to progress by small changes.

Here's to an enjoyable weekend
Old 11-29-2008, 06:59 AM   #27  
Jools

Thursday and Firday - stayed in contol :-)

Best wishes to all!
Old 11-29-2008, 10:32 AM   #28  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Hi all!
I am seriously sick at the moment. Finding it hard not to binge. I haven't though. I actually don't have a big appetite at the moment.
It's strange though. Since I started this, just realised 40 days ago!, I've been having dreams about binging. They're so strange and they feel so vivid as well. It feels like it almost happened when I wake up!
Old 11-29-2008, 07:49 PM   #29  
University Student

Default Not bad, not bad.

Well the past two days have been binge free...
I have been pretty good in the eating department, BUT I have had Christmassy Starbucks drinks two days in a row! Not good for the weight loss effort at all....I looked up the nutritional info in them today and was so shocked! Not so much about the calories, I knew they had a TON of calories, more about the sugar....one of them had 63 grams of sugar!!!! Holy...diabetes in a glass! Hah, well that will make them easier to resist hopefully. They are my weakness these days because they remind me of home and the holidays. Less than two weeks and I will get to be home for the first time in over three months after exams are done! Yay! Well I better get back to studying...Chat with you ladies later and good luck to all of you!
Old 11-30-2008, 08:56 AM   #30  
Burning it away

I did something last night I havent done in over two years, I had a take away curry I kind of did it to prove to myself that I can have things like that, and they wont ruin my whole life and weight. But this morning I'm up 5 lbs so I'm feeling less enthusiastic, I'm hoping maybe it's just the sodium. Anyway, my goal for next week is to stay attuned to my stomach and wether I'm actually hungry or just eating for the heck of it, because it seems to have gone astray along the way.
Closed Thread