Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 07:09 AM   #31  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Default happy dance

Oh friends, I am so happy and excited this morning. Last binge was Two weeks ago Sunday, I had my birthday, and a period.
THis morning I weighed in for the first time since my birthday. It was 180.5
I was 184.5 last time.
I have been getting in a bit of exercise almost every day, at least a walk, and you all helped me thru the hard day I had, and now I have almost reached my first mini-goal, which was to break 180.
A goal in sight!
I have never done the mini-goal thing, and now I see why it is so helpful.
Yesterday was a stressful day, full of meetings, two of which had some tension with them, as they could have gotten confrontational if I didn't handle things right. They both went well. Since I was working most of the day, I couldn't sign on and gripe or get support.
Also, our practice group meeting has a potluck, and there was a big spread of food in front of me for hours, some good and healthy, some not so much.
I managed not to hoover up the table!!!!
I did eat a bit more than I should, but didn't overdo it, and kept to a lighter supper.
WOW I feel pretty good.
THANKS FRIENDS
Old 11-07-2008, 08:49 AM   #32  
I m worth it

S/C/G: 176/174/143

Height: 5'2''

I m on day 2 of binge free, hope it will continue !
Old 11-07-2008, 10:36 AM   #33  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

fatmad and dazziling, well done both of you

Today all my mind seems to be doing is thinking of food, so I'm grazing alot. Trying not to overdo it or feel guilty..
Old 11-07-2008, 11:59 AM   #34  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Working on Day 15 (WOW!) today. That's 2 whole weeks w/o a binge, and I'm 20% towards my goal of 70 days binge-free through New Years 2009.

Day 14 was really really uber stressful. Don't want to bore everyone w/ the details, but suffice it to say that if I didn't have my personal binge-free challenge going on and you guys to be accountable to, I probably would have stuffed my emotions down with food. And I wouldn't have felt very good this morning. I did have a few cookies, but they were portion-controlled. Actually, what helped me was telling myself that despite all of the stress I was feeling, since food was not the problem, eating food would not and could not help me solve the problem. It's funny tho that when stress pops up in my life I sometimes feel pulled to the kitchen to eat. But I know better. I know that if I binge on junk, I will have even more stress in my life due to added weight.

Plan for today is 4 mile walk/jog and weights. Cals around 1500-1600.

Stephanie & Steph! This is a really supportive place to be if you have a problem with bingeing.

Maddie, well done on 17 days binge-free! You're doing so well!

Fatmad, that is absolutely fabulous! Almost 2 weeks w/o a binge and 4 lbs. lost!

Dazzling, GREAT job making it back on the wagon! Hope Day 2 goes smoothly for you.

Spoz, there's nothing wrong w/ grazing as long as it is out of true hunger and you are being mindful of your intake. Good luck w/ today.

Hope everybody else is doing well. If not, here's a and a for you.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:10 PM   #35  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

One day of no binge lol gotta celebrate the small stuff, everyone has to start somewhere eh? Late night bad for you snacks and a bowl full of sweets tempted me but I did not lose my cool last night. Im on a mission!

fatmad - Thats awesome! I am so proud... I haven't done a mini goal like this either but I am thinking it will be very helpful. Wow behaving at a potluck is quite a victory...

Dazzling - Make it continue we know you can do it!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #36  
It'll all be worth it...

S/C/G: 245/Ticker/120

Height: 5'4

EsperanzaBella82- thanks a mil! You're doing really well too, congrats. I'm also aiming for New Years! We can do it!!

Day 18 done....bring on 19! Can't wait till its 21, that'll be 3 weeks binge free!

Keep it up ladies you're all doing great.

xxx
Old 11-07-2008, 09:41 PM   #37  
Madeleine

I got called to work today which messed up meal times, but I managed on a bowl of chili and a whole wheat bun, but I did butter it up good. Argh.
then when I got home, the family had baked chicken breasts and made a green salad, which was nice.
Unfortunately, my daughter also made some delish choco cookies with butterscotch chips!!! I had one, and it tasted like more, so I had another, then I thought about it, and thought about it, and then
I stepped away from the cookies!!!!!
Am now in a different room, drinking a diet schweppes ginger ale, (they use splenda not aspartame) and NOT bingeing on the cookies.
fatmad
Old 11-07-2008, 09:50 PM   #38  
Madeleine

wow, so impressed with us, inspite of stressful busy days. spoz, don't worry, a bit of grazing wont ruin the plan, and you stay binge free. Make sure there are lots of veggies in the plan.
Maddie, keep it up girl, and enjoy the freedom from addiction.
I am feeling like that is what I have been doing, freeing myself from addiction.
so much to be grateful for. We've already had Thanksgiving here, but the American one is coming, so we can keep being thankful
fatmad
Old 11-08-2008, 01:33 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'3

I would like to join. I have only 1 minute binge free but I want to start now. I can't live this way. My plan is to eat three meals a day and a small healthy dessert- healthy snacks only when hungry!!!!!

No more eating over my feelings. Food is my drug, but I plan to stop that horrible behaviour NOW
Old 11-08-2008, 08:07 AM   #40  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday was a no good very bad day. Day 1 for me today.
Old 11-08-2008, 08:11 AM   #41  
Madeleine

Thumbs up good luck spirit angel

I assume when you say one minute binge free, you are stopping a binge...
that in itself is a victory if you can stop yourself from going on and on, one more bite, one more chip, one more cookie etc.
Good for you.
I have never been much of a joiner, don't go to ww, did look at oa, but really don't want to do meetings, and al-anon for the same reason. (dh has probs w alcohol)
I have done forums before tho, and the come and go aspect is great. YOu can go away for a few days and the mailbox doesn't fill up, but you can look back at the posts and see whats been happening. Make on-line buddies. find people with similar interests and problems.
an online community really helped me when my dog was sick, she has liver problems and epilepsy, and learning to deal with her illness was really hard. I could deal with the medical aspects, but the day to day living and issues were hard.
Its the same for weight. Most of us know what we are doing wrong....bingeing, eating portions that are too big, eating "wrong" foods...etc, but the day to day changing the behaviour is whats hard. Thats where we need the support.
Here's to making it through a day.
just today.
you can do it spiritangel
fatmad
Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 150/130/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks fatmad!!!! I had already stuffed myself and couldn't fit in another mouthful. My one minute is up to several hours now
Thanks for your support x
Old 11-08-2008, 03:41 PM   #43  
Burning it away

Spirit it's nice to see you're concentrating on the positive! Well done

I don't feel like I've really put my heart into this week, so I'm definitely going to try more. Though I have come along way in my guilt trips & binge scales.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:15 AM   #44  
University Student

S/C/G: 170/170/140

Height: 5'4

Two days and many more to come! And I better keep it up because I broke my toe on friday and now I can't really excercise for a while because it hurts...pilates I guess! Anyways, what happens when Nov. 9th is over (today!)?...Does the name of the group change or do we make a new one?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #45  
*~Beautiful Hope~*

S/C/G: HW: ~200 SW: 170's/150's/115

Height: 5'6"

Day 17 is upon me today. Day 16 was relatively easy as TOM arrived yesterday and my stomach was too upset to eat more than very light foods. Didn't feel like eating, let alone bingeing. After the first day, my stomach is usually fine. I am finally in the 150's as of this morning (159.0). I am ecstatic.

No exercise yesterday...getting ready to head out for a 3-4 mile walk in a bit.

Maddie, that's cool that you have the same New Years goal! We're also w/in a couple days of each other binge-free. I know we can both make it to the end of the year.

Wardhog, hope your Day 1 went well.

Steph, Spoz usually starts a new thread for us every Monday that runs for the next week. Great job on your 2 days! Sorry to hear about the toe, but looks like you have a Plan B! Keep up the great work!

Don't have much time this morning...have to go exercise and then have lots of errands to run and some cleaning to do around the house. Make it a good one girls!

Last edited by EsperanzaBella82; 11-09-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Closed Thread