Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-10-2008, 06:31 AM   #46  
baby steps...

S/C/G: 261.4/253.4/180

Height: 5' 8"

Last night I found myself trying to 'plan' a binge (very, very peckish all evening). I ate about 100 calories more than I should have but then I just went to bed and was done with it. It looks like the scale has rewarded me for that behaviour as I'm down a pound this morning.

Keep on keepin' on! We can all do this - together.

Ingrid
clickchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 10:17 AM   #47  
Sarah

S/C/G: SW:197.8/GW:145

Height: 5'8"

You know sometimes I think I am lucky I live alone with my son. He is only 3 so has no say over what is in the house and it is nice not to be tempted by anyone else's food. For me, when I hang out with his dad (we are still friends) it becomes a very tempting situation for me to just let go. He is very, very heavy - about 325 at 5'11" and his diet is not healthy at all. So it is easy to say well I am still eating better than him and indulge in whatever I want. So, I guess I am saying kudos to all of you who live with someone and still avoid the temptations!

Iris - Good luck with the haircut. Hey if you cut enough off you may even lose a little bit of weight.

Clickchick - Good job!!

Last edited by asparagus4sale; 10-10-2008 at 10:17 AM.
asparagus4sale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:47 PM   #48  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Today will be day 5 for me if I can make it. I am feeling really hungry at the moment, and thinking of things I could binge on. Talk me down, guys!

I have a hard boiled egg planned for about 4:00, and then a cup of decaf for around 5:30 to tide me over until dinner time.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 04:57 PM   #49  
Sarah

WardHog - you can do it! be strong!! think about how bad you will feel if you do it!

I am actually feeling pretty good about tonight. I think I may actually resist temptation. I actually want to cancel and just stay home and watch TV and sew. But my friend is gonna start hating me because I cancelled on him last week. What to do, what to do...
Old 10-10-2008, 06:21 PM   #50  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, I think I am going to make it. I have plenty of calories left for the evening munchies.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:14 AM   #51  
cher37

Wow! It's past midnight already????? Anyways, I'm up with a cold, down 2 lbs from yesterday, hopefully, the scale will be my friend tomorrow!

Sarah- Definitely it was a lot easier to be disciplined w. my eating when my hubby was away for a week - but unfortunately...I can't sleep w/out him, so.. I have look at & remind myself of my goals to stay focussed!

Lauren - You're on girlfriend I've put my goal in my signature to remind me!!!!!

Iris - How's your haircut?

Wardhog - Good on yah for taking off your vacation lbs! 12 lbs, yep, I could put that on in a week no problem - taking it off now that's a different kettle of fish! LOL (... I suppose if all I ate was a kettle of fish a day I would lose weight eh! )

Have a great weekend everyone & to all you Canucks - have a Happy Thanksgiving & make wise choices! We don't have to binge & overeat on turkey, stuffing, cranberries & pumpkin pies - we can buy & enjoy all these foods throughout the year.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:55 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

hmm... i was going to put a photo of my new haircut in here, but it's not the right size or something and I'm not tech-savvy enough to fix that! anyway, i really like it! however, "new me" did not get the message and I binged anyway.

i am going to pull myself together, somehow. I'm really losing it. at last check I'd gained 10 lbs and I stopped weighing myself but my clothes don't fit. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I have to beat this somehow!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 06:32 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 114/112/104

Height: 5 foot 1 1/2

Congratulations on the 2 pound loss Cher and WELL DONE to all who stayed strong.
I lost it last night and binged on biscuits and cereal. I have an upset stomach and fluid retention as a result and know fro sure, how much better I would be feeling if I had not binged.
Starting again a day at a time
AudreyHepurn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:36 AM   #54  
baby steps...

Another binge-free day for me yesterday. Boy, does it ever feel good to string a number of days together without bingeing. It's like I had almost forgotten.

To those struggling ~ try just this one day ~ just today to eat well. I know that once I have one day behind me, the rest fall into place a wee bit easier.

To those eating well ~ kudos to you ~ it's never really easy per se but being in control is a wonderful feeling for sure.

Here's to a productive, binge-free weekend. It's the Canadian Thanksgiving this weekend so I'm a little worried about my calorie intake. We're going out for dinner tonight and Sunday and then entertaining at our home on Monday.

I really want to come out on the other side of this weekend with a loss or even staying the same. Gains can be so discouraging to me.

The plan is to walk lots and keep the water intake going strong.

Whoa, I've written a book here - thanks for reading! I'm finding that sharing and reading here is really helping me achieve my weight loss goals - thanks to all of you!

Ingrid
Old 10-11-2008, 08:23 AM   #55  
Haley wants to run!

Height: 5'9"

ok i really f'ed up yesterday, binged pretty bad.....but thats all gonna change because im in training lol thanksgiving day is my very first race and i dont want to humiliate myself lol. so im gonna see if this will help me lol. i dont care if i finish last i just want to finish lol.
Haley8203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:32 AM   #56  
Sarah

Good morning everyone! I just had to come here and report that I made it through my first Friday night without bingeing on food or alcohol. I went to the movie last night without eating any dinner. After we got there my friend ordered me a beer of which I drank exactly one-half throughout the entire movie. I could tell he was kinda upset I wasn't drinking more but it was a really heavy movie (Blindness) and I just told him it was not conducive to drinking. Then he ordered a pizza (small size) and I just ordered a large popcorn - no butter. We shared the popcorn and didn't finish it and I ate one (very small) piece of his pizza. He kept offering me more but I just said no thank you. Anyway, I am just super proud of myself. I showed complete restraint and never went overboard. And I feel so much better this morning - so nice to wake up feeling refreshed, not bloated or hung-over. So even though the popcorn was salty, I risked it and jumped on the scale. Down 1.4 pounds from yesterday! So, so happy!!

Last edited by asparagus4sale; 10-11-2008 at 08:33 AM. Reason: spelling errors grrr.....
Old 10-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #57  
baby steps...

haleygirl82 ~ Pick yourself up, brush yourself off and get training! You've got the right attitude - just finishing the race will be a great accomplishment!

Sarah ~ WTG on the pizza/beer restraint. It really does feel wonderful in the morning to know you've survived the night before and to be down on the scale!

Ingrid

Last edited by clickchick; 10-11-2008 at 09:33 AM.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:28 PM   #58  
Burning it away

Height: 5'2

No recent binges to tell of (Thank God!) I've gone over my cals by about 30 today so that's alright but I'm heading out for my friends B/day tonight and have made an oath to only drink Diet Cokes (We shall see because this said friend is a very bad influence on me )

You girls are all doing wonderful! Well done!
Spoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 03:36 PM   #59  
cher37

2 days binge free! + down 1lb from yesterday

Sounds like everyone's pulling-it together! I guess Christmas and parties are a big motivator eh?!

Iris, please don't get discouraged - I'm in the same boat, none of my clothes fit (I gave away all my fat clothes after losing weight the 1st time) - but it's also pushing me to practice good eating & exercise habits - the sooner I lose even 5lbs it should free up at least 2 pairs of pants, then 10, then 15, etc. ...looking forward to seeing your new 'do.

Lauren, you'll do good tonight just be prepared-gum will help and don't bring more money than you need to buy only the diet cokes (b/c alcohol costs more, you can't afford it!) ..and dance lots..(think of the calories you'll burn!!)

Old 10-11-2008, 10:47 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

wardhog, asparagus, spoz, and cher - congrats!

haley, are you doing a 5k on thanksgiving? There's one in my area that I'm thinking about signing up for. I've run them before but i haven't run in a looooong time. It's fun, and you will feel so exited and proud of yourself when you finish!
iriswhispers is offline   Reply With Quote